Tam &Toby do Europe ...Take two (1 Viewer)

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
No that ones grot compared to the one I mentioned, it's about 2km north west.
Individual bays between trees lake close by smashing spot.

View attachment 341180
I did wonder as this one isn't very pretty although next to a small lake that we have just walked around....not sure I'm going to stay tonight or not I might move a little further

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
You could pass through the Dordogne. Sarlat is scenic.
Well it's in the right direction I might take a look at that as I was considering heading towards la Rochelle as I liked that last year and then maybe a bit of the Loire valley as meant to be good for castles

Feb 21, 2016
Uk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2017
i think you got the dog done when we where at La Mailleraye-sur-Seine last year, you only had jade then...??
We found the vet there to be very good.......and cheap too,which may appeal;)
I enjoyed watching the bxxxxy great boats going up and down the river,but then I’m easily pleased.:rolleyes:

Oct 11, 2016
Bognor Regis
Funster No
MH
Bailey Adamo 69-4
Exp
6 years
Well it's in the right direction I might take a look at that as I was considering heading towards la Rochelle as I liked that last year and then maybe a bit of the Loire valley as meant to be good for castles
This is a magnificent chateau in Loire Valley. Went there last year.

Château de Chenonceau

37150 Chenonceaux, France
+33 820 20 90 90

Broken Link Removed

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

klaatu

Free Member
Aug 10, 2013
Vienne, France
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
Since 2014
Well I'm afraid I still stand by my previous findings

The French are stuck up.

That's the last person I attempt to make conversation with they can feck off.

But what about The Auld Alliance? Have you tried starting with "Bonjour, je suis écossais, pas anglais. Comme vous, je déteste les anglais. Vive l'Union européenne!"

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
But what about The Auld Alliance? Have you tried starting with "Bonjour, je suis écossais, pas anglais. Comme vous, je déteste les anglais. Vive l'Union européenne!"
I've found in 9 out of 10 situations
I say bonjour

Its either ignored completely or I get a grunt in response.

I'm not even gonna try anymore

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
Centre Vétérinaire Docteurs Colle Dupont
Lotissement le Grand Tour, D136, 62140 Marconne, France
+33 3 21 86 80 66

(am to /pm monday to friday & 8 till 5 on saturdays. speak a bit of english & prior appointment needed.

Just outside Hesdin. on D928 from Abbeville.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/C...9e04a4835a092fb0!8m2!3d50.3664879!4d2.0306797

Easy access & parking & Lidl's next door. Aldi's down road around the bend.

klaatu

Free Member
Aug 10, 2013
Vienne, France
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
Since 2014
I say bonjour

Quel dommage, mon ami.

I think we'll be crossing paths in the next few days, we're setting off for Spain soon.

Oct 2, 2008
Salopia
Funster No
MH
Duro 6x6 Overlander
Exp
since 1968
You could try
Bonjour vous manger du fromage singe se rendre !
I am almost certain you will get a reply :)

No Frenchmen were harmed in the making of this joke !

Aug 14, 2013
Département 87
Funster No
MH
Exp
Since about year 2000
I say bonjour

Tam, make your way up to Aubigny-sur-Nere. I'm sure you will get a welcome there. It is sometimes called "the Scottish Town" as they fought for the town against the English way back. Each year they have many pipe bands performing, many Scottish, some French and I think there were one or two Irish bands too. My favourite is the march of the massed bands

John

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Well I'm afraid I still stand by my previous findings

The French are stuck up.

That's the last person I attempt to make conversation with they can feck off.

P.s I'm in Bordeaux

When we first moved to Suffolk years ago, we had posh neighbour's that owned a cottage one of three in the lane, they only came weekends, she was an artist and always spoke, sometimes he spoke sometimes blanked you. ?
One Sunday while walking the dogs down the lane, he was walking towards me .............. Morning Peter........ nothing walked through me, ?? I lost it, and shouted that's the last f****** time I'm wasting my breath. ?
We was so happy when they split up and she came to live there full time. ??
Everyone is different, ? we had some lovely French guests that have rented our apartment twice, became good friends and invited us to their home. ☝️? Bob.

Nov 4, 2011
Uk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
When we first moved to Suffolk years ago, we had posh neighbour's that owned a cottage one of three in the lane, they only came weekends, she was an artist and always spoke, sometimes he spoke sometimes blanked you. ?
One Sunday while walking the dogs down the lane, he was walking towards me .............. Morning Peter........ nothing walked through me, ?? I lost it, and shouted that's the last f****** time I'm wasting my breath. ?
We was so happy when they split up and she came to live there full time. ??
Everyone is different, ? we had some lovely French guests that have rented our apartment twice, became good friends and invited us to their home. ☝? Bob.

that’s because his name was Geoff::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
I can't escape brexit voters.

I'm parked on a wee free aire between angouleme and pointers......hooked up to free electric to see if it resets my control panel.

Auld English fella in a weinsberg turns up and starts chewing the fat. We were blethering about all sorts and then I said I was just gonna have some lunch. Which made him mention the time and clocks etc and he says of course we are 2 hours behind now! I'm sat scratching my head thinking what's he on about France puts clocks back too.

Anyway I let it slide cause I figured he was maybe a bit confused

Then he starts banging on about brexit .....And how he voted for it and thinks it's a good thing.

At that I made my excuses and went doggy walkies ...

Not planning to stay here tonight anyway as I plan to go to poiters

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Don't travel to fast Tam, we have made that mistake, thinking a steady ride to the tunnel, ? and then you realise the weather is far worse than planned. ?

Nice in Javea, had 3 days on the beach this week, because the sea is warmer than our pool. ? Bob.

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Don't travel to fast Tam, we have made that mistake, thinking a steady ride to the tunnel, ? and then you realise the weather is far worse than planned. ?

Nice in Javea, had 3 days on the beach this week, because the sea is warmer than our pool. ? Bob.
Booked on tunnel next Sunday...I've a few stops to make in englandshire before I get back to Scotland.

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Well that's the dogs had their vet visit
I can't believe jade has gained 2kg since last year , she's just shy of 8kg now and Milo has gained 900 grams since February

Considering how active they are I'm not sure how they managed that.

I've taken a few pics over the last few days but can't upload them as I'm low on data and it doesn't refresh till the 4th ...by which time I'll be in Engerland

Oct 27, 2017
Scotland/Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer (T class GT)
Exp
12months
Both Jade and Milo will be well muscled now, muscle weighs heavier than fat but neither of them will have an ounce of fat! Unlike their Dad they are both supremely fit and healthy little people. ??
Any news on the job front yet Tam?
It will seem strange thinking of you back in the UK.
It doesn't seem five minutes since you were coming out,or your Mum was so very ill.
Hopefully you will all have a happier time this festive season. :D tho you may find it a bit more chilly than you have become used to.

Trixie

Funster
Deceased RIP
Apr 25, 2014
Funster No
Both Jade and Milo will be well muscled now, muscle weighs heavier than fat but neither of them will have an ounce of fat! Unlike their Dad they are both supremely fit and healthy little people. ??
It doesn't seem five minutes since you were coming out,or your Mum was so very ill.
Hopefully you will all have a happier time this festive season. :D tho you may find it a bit more chilly than you have become used to.

Ditto

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95

Nah I've only applied for one job at the minute and closing day was today...might hear something soon...or maybe not

I'll apply for more when home and I've got a cv done.

I'll probably pick up a delivery job over Christmas etc to make a quid or two.

France has got me used to the cold and wet it's shitty weather here and has been since I entered it
In fact since gijon it's been naff.

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Oh and
Screenshot_20191031-214106_Facebook.jpg

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
What a carry on I'm having with this psv glass that fitted my windscreen last year.

They didn't do a great job of it they filled the new rubber full of sealant to the point it's all bumps and lumps everywhere , the top right hand corner has never looked like it's fitted right it sticks out and I get wind noise
No water leaks thankfully but it's unsightly and I think at 1500 quid it's a shabby job

So I had phoned them back in February and told them I wanted it removed and a new rubber fitted without all the gunge.

They are based in high Wycombe and I figured as I'll be passing near there it makes sense to get it done on the way home, only I've phoned them 3 times now in the last week to arrange this and each time they've told me Richard green would phone back

And he hasn t.......They will be getting a very irrate Scotsman at their reception desk next week if he doesn't

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back