Rally Pickering 5 night rally Thurs 25th July 2019 ( FULL) (1 Viewer)

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
Morning all

Can I just check that we don't have any RV's amongst attendees or any vans over 5T please (that figure isn't particularly significant by the way)

shout up if so

cheers
We’re 9mtrs and 5250kgs Debs.

OP
OP
Debs

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
another heavy weight alert, but only just over at 5.5T, I will leave a few bottles of gin at home :)

But rear wheel drive, so we barely leave a mark and never get stuck :whistle:

Mr Chrysalis

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 8, 2016
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 890F A Class
Exp
Since 2016, caravans before that, folding Caravan, tents before that
I understand what people mean by slightly reduced quality and service for large groups. But this is counteracted by the Fun of a shared experience. Perhaps we should suggest that our 30 odd people are on tables of 6 slightly staggered, maybe by 10 minutes. That would make ordering easier, and probably help conversation - it is easier to talk on a table of 6 than a table of 30. We would still have the shared experience.

OP
OP
Debs

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
Attendees

1. Debs paid
  2. @irnbru paid
  3. @Neilfg
  4. @MicknMew
  5. @Allan & Loren
  6. @andy63 paid
  7. @IanF
  8. @funflair
  9. @ShiftZZ
  10. @Mr Chrysalis paid
  11. @JockandRita
  12. @Trixie
  13. @Carol
  14. @Badknee
  15. @Langtoftlad
  16. @tonyandcarol
  17. @Anthea M
  18. @CWH paid
  19. @snailtrailer
  20. @Hils and Glenns
  21. @TheCaller
  22. @Ralph-n-Bev
  23. @DavidG58
  24. @garjanco
  25. @Aly1
  26. @Cal54
  27. @cliffandger
  28. @Detnor
  29. @Steve and Denise
  30. @Terry

Reserve list

1. @Keypresser
  2. @KassBMW
  3. @Rosemary1
  4. @The Dudess
  5. @The Partridge Family
  6. @alex n
  7. @tonyl
  8. @TrebleH
  9. @Ukbandit

IMPORTANT INFO - PLEASE TAKE TIME TO READ

We want to be good neighbours and by attending this rally you are agreeing to the following
  • The rally starts at Noon Thurs 25th July and we need to be off site by noon Tuesday 30th July
  • As it is in a residential location there is a strict No Noise policy after 10.30 pm
  • You will have to take all rubbish home with you, once the stock of black bags runs out you'll need to provide your own. Please DO NOT dispose of rubbish in the bin at bottom of the drive. There is a bottle bank in the car park and in Lidl to make use of.
  • Dogs are welcome but must be on leads and picked up afterwards.
  • grey water to be disposed of in the hedge bottom
  • the elsan point is up by the house - lifting of the manhole cover type. The property is not on mains sewers so PLEASE DO NOT DISPOSE OF WIPES THIS WAY as it causes blockages which the owner has to pay to sort out. Please use tissue paper only (or do like our european neighbours and dispose of the tissue paper with your other rubbish instead of putting it in the cassette). The outside loo is off limits to ralliers for similar reasons.
  • There are 2 water taps up by the house - the house is raised above the camping area and its not practical to get the vans up there for water so PLEASE ARRIVE WITH FULL FRESH TANK IF POSSIBLE or be prepared to use watering cans. Use of a hose isn't really possible either due to the distance.
  • NO GROUNDSHEETS OF ANY KIND
  • no gennies to be used - battery charging for a small fee is possible
  • Last but not least in very rare circumstances the field becomes too soft to use if there has been a period of prolonged rain. A few days beforehand I will confirm with the owner that we can still go ahead. In the unlikely event of a cancellation all monies paid will be refunded.

Colin buys/sells/restores things and has lots of interesting stuff to look at and buy and will be more than happy to show small groups around.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Debs

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
Attendees

1. Debs paid
  2. @irnbru paid
  3. @Neilfg
  4. @MicknMew
  5. @Allan & Loren
  6. @andy63 paid
  7. @IanF
  8. @funflair paid
  9. @ShiftZZ
  10. @Mr Chrysalis paid
  11. @JockandRita
  12. @Trixie
  13. @Carol
  14. @Badknee
  15. @Langtoftlad
  16. @tonyandcarol
  17. @Anthea M
  18. @CWH paid
  19. @snailtrailer
  20. @Hils and Glenns
  21. @TheCaller
  22. @Ralph-n-Bev
  23. @DavidG58
  24. @garjanco
  25. @Aly1
  26. @Cal54
  27. @cliffandger
  28. @Detnor
  29. @Steve and Denise
  30. @Terry

Reserve list

1. @Keypresser
  2. @KassBMW
  3. @Rosemary1
  4. @The Dudess
  5. @The Partridge Family
  6. @alex n
  7. @tonyl
  8. @TrebleH
  9. @Ukbandit
  10. @csd4t

We want to be good neighbours and by attending this rally you are agreeing to the following
  • The rally starts at Noon Thurs 25th July and we need to be off site by noon Tuesday 30th July
  • As it is in a residential location there is a strict No Noise policy after 10.30 pm
  • You will have to take all rubbish home with you, once the stock of black bags runs out you'll need to provide your own. Please DO NOT dispose of rubbish in the bin at bottom of the drive. There is a bottle bank in the car park and in Lidl to make use of.
  • the elsan point is up by the house - lifting of the manhole cover type. The property is not on mains sewers so PLEASE DO NOT DISPOSE OF WIPES THIS WAY as it causes blockages which the owner has to pay to sort out. Please use tissue paper only (or do like our european neighbours and dispose of the tissue paper with your other rubbish instead of putting it in the cassette). The outside loo is off limits to ralliers for similar reasons.
  • There are 2 water taps up by the house - the house is raised above the camping area and its not practical to get the vans up there for water so PLEASE ARRIVE WITH FULL FRESH TANK IF POSSIBLE or be prepared to use watering cans. Use of a hose isn't really possible either due to the distance.
  • Last but not least in very rare circumstances the field becomes too soft to use if there has been a period of prolonged rain. A few days beforehand I will confirm with the owner that we can still go ahead. In the unlikely event of a cancellation all monies paid will be refunded.

Colin buys/sells/restores things and has lots of interesting stuff to look at and buy and will be more than happy to show small groups around.

Mr Chrysalis

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 8, 2016
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 890F A Class
Exp
What about doing the takeaway on a different night to the curry night , so we get both

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
Just paid...

@Debs
...and I can donate a roll of 90
black bags courtesy of Mr Costco if it is helpful :)

20190223_163029_crop_531x737.jpg

Mr Chrysalis

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 8, 2016
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 890F A Class
Exp
Sounds like something youd like to organise Chris:LOL:
I don’t mind coordinating it in the day if there is demand. Personally I prefer the original idea of going out to Spice4U!

I’ve had a look around Pickering today.. is the site here?
4AEE88A6-F39B-451E-BC58-15302502A035.jpeg

These shots are up and down the main road
2C552430-DCD4-4D89-B655-AC25D4E9FED7.jpeg
BBC5BC40-9775-49EF-A896-9BD11DF3952F.jpeg
242A2C6E-28F8-4927-A074-988F8679D258.jpeg

OP
OP
Debs

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
Just paid...

@Debs
...and I can donate a roll of 90
black bags courtesy of Mr Costco if it is helpful :)

View attachment 285537

That's great Steve, thanks(y)

@Mr Chrysalis yes, thats the site. I notice the dropped pin isnt in the right place on the event map &-I will post detailed direction s in plenty of time.

@irnbru is organising the indian for Sunday anyway. Perhaps see nearer the time if folks fancy a takeaway for another day(y)
There are plenty of places to eat & drink:)

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
@irnbru is organising the indian for Sunday anyway. Perhaps see nearer the time if folks fancy a takeaway for another day(y)
There are plenty of places to eat & drink:)

I have ring back on Mon to speak to the manager. Will update once I know more.

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
For those of you who are curry munchers and also Steam buffs, NYMR in collaboration with the Spice4U restaurant in Pickering are running two curry trains in June and August. The menu is somewhat limited however.

Whilst I realise it doesn't coincide with your rally, I thought some of you may be interested.

Also for those interested, the whole Spice4U team travel daily from their base in Leeds to Pickering.

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Ok I have organised for us to eat together on Sun 28th July at 6pm. I asked if it would be better to stagger the times but Ive been assured just to come together. The restaurant can cope with us lot.(y) Oh and the best I could do was free popodums, at least its something.:LOL:

INDIAN MEAL

Debs x2
Andy
Mewx2
Neilfgx2
chrysalis 2
funflair2
me x2
cliffandger x2
langtoflad
The Happy Hooker x2
Anthea M x 2
Tony and Carol x 2
Jock n Rita x 2
Garjanco x 2

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
Ok I have organised for us to eat together on Sun 28th July at 6pm. I asked if it would be better to stagger the times but Ive been assured just to come together. The restaurant can cope with us lot.(y) Oh and the best I could do was free popodums, at least its something.:LOL:

INDIAN MEAL

Debs x2
Andy
Mewx2
Neilfgx2
chrysalis 2
funflair2
me x2
cliffandger x2
langtoflad
The Happy Hooker x2
Anthea M x 2
Tony and Carol x 2
Jock n Rita x 2
Garjanco x 2
Thanks I loves curry!!:LOL:

Mr Chrysalis

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 8, 2016
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 890F A Class
Exp

INDIAN MEAL

Debs x2
Andy
Mewx2
Neilfgx2
chrysalis 2
funflair2
me x2
cliffandger x2
langtoflad
The Happy Hooker x2
Anthea M x 2
Tony and Carol x 2
Jock n Rita x 2
Garjanco x 2
Thank you for organising. Looking forward to it!

OP
OP
Debs

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
Cheers @irnbru that's great ta x

they're ok with gluten free I take it being as you've got Lu down?

OP
OP
Debs

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
Attendees

1. Debs paid
  2. @irnbru paid
  3. @Neilfg
  4. @MicknMew
  5. @Allan & Loren
  6. @andy63 paid
  7. @IanF
  8. @funflair paid
  9. @ShiftZZ
  10. @Mr Chrysalis paid
  11. @JockandRita
  12. @Trixie
  13. @Carol
  14. @Badknee
  15. @Langtoftlad
  16. @tonyandcarol
  17. @Anthea M
  18. @CWH paid
  19. @snailtrailer
  20. @Hils and Glenns
  21. @TheCaller
  22. @Ralph-n-Bev
  23. @DavidG58
  24. @garjanco
  25. @Aly1
  26. @Cal54
  27. @cliffandger
  28. @Detnor
  29. @Steve and Denise
  30. @Terry

Reserve list

1. @Keypresser
  2. @KassBMW
  3. @Rosemary1
  4. @The Dudess
  5. @The Partridge Family
  6. @alex n
  7. @tonyl
  8. @TrebleH
  9. @Ukbandit
  10. @csd4t
  11. @Techno

OP
OP
Debs

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
Attendees

1. Debs paid
  2. @irnbru paid
  3. @Neilfg
  4. @MicknMew
  5. @Allan & Loren
  6. @andy63 paid
  7. @IanF
  8. @funflair paid
  9. @ShiftZZ
  10. @Mr Chrysalis paid
  11. @JockandRita
  12. @Trixie
  13. @Carol
  14. @Badknee
  15. @Langtoftlad
  16. @tonyandcarol
  17. @Anthea M
  18. @CWH paid
  19. @snailtrailer
  20. @Hils and Glenns
  21. @TheCaller
  22. @Ralph-n-Bev
  23. @DavidG58
  24. @garjanco
  25. @Aly1
  26. @Cal54
  27. @cliffandger
  28. @Detnor
  29. @Steve and Denise
  30. @Terry

Reserve list

1. @Keypresser
  2. @KassBMW
  3. @Rosemary1
  4. @The Dudess
  5. @The Partridge Family
  6. @alex n
  7. @tonyl
  8. @TrebleH
  9. @Ukbandit
  10. @csd4t
  11. @Techno
  12. @hoot007

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back