Inconsiderate motorhomes :-( (2 Viewers)

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
That's where you're wrong... we don't all agree on what constitutes an 'inconsiderate motorhomer'.
To be honest with that palacial abode you posses I'd expect it to have something built in to turn your grey in to rose water for the ladies to douse themselves with :D

Southdowners

Free Member
May 7, 2015
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Concorde Charisma
Exp
Since May 2015
If grey is so clean why not just re-cycle it, pump it back into the fresh tank via a particulates filter ?

I'l tell you why not, and it has nothing to do with soap suds, washing liquid, shampoo or whether you do or don't eat greasy food or clean plates with paper towel.

it's full of bacteria from your body, skin and hair.. (well not everyone of course some don't have dirty bodies or any hair ) :rolleyes:

And whether it's legal or not, there is no need or any excuse for doing so..

often it's not what is 'right to do' but what impression it gives jo public about our hobby. (or Hymer ;))

The whole world is covered in bacteria!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
The whole world is covered in bacteria!

yes, some of it harmful, some not..

why add to it by dumping more on a public highway .. ? and even if it were harmless (which it isn't) perception is everything.

not so long ago our rivers were polluted and stinking for indiscriminate dumping of 'harmless body waste' .. the Thames was a running sewer.. as are many rivers in third world countries.. the Ganges being a prime example..

Jun 18, 2008
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
Since June 2008
Except for Certain Ladies? (we dont have a tongue hanging out / panting and wide eyed, smiley?)
Puppy.jpg

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95

why add to it by dumping more on a public highway .. ? and even if it were harmless (which it isn't) perception is everything.

not so long ago our rivers were polluted and stinking for indiscriminate dumping of 'harmless body waste' .. the Thames was a running sewer.. as are many rivers in third world countries.. the Ganges being a prime example..
At least when mixed with water it keeps it on the ground ......all those skin flakes floating about in the atmosphere are more of a concern.

Every day your inhaling someone's dandruff

Southdowners

Free Member
May 7, 2015
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Concorde Charisma
Exp
Since May 2015

We're not talking about dumping sewerage.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Personly I don't even know why it's called "grey" water, ours comes out near enough clear, maight be an odd pea or sweetcorn which the birds will soon sort out but no I wouldn't let it out on the road but know plenty as do, but it's up to them.
As always when this sort of thing comes up , you have to remember we are in the vast minority of motorhomers on here, and we like to think we are the cream of motorhomers but the majority who aren't on here mostly couldn't give two .........

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
We're not talking about dumping sewerage.

grey water is contaminated with bacteria and should only be deposed of in a suitable place, sewage drain, or in hedgerows in small amounts.. ie a basin, not 100 litres at a time in the main road.. which some think funny if it hits cyclists ..

Southdowners

Free Member
May 7, 2015
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Concorde Charisma
Exp
Since May 2015
grey water is contaminated with bacteria and should only be deposed of in a suitable place, sewage drain, or in hedgerows in small amounts.. ie a basin, not 100 litres at a time in the main road.. which some think funny if it hits cyclists ..

That's not what the legislation says.

Where is your evidence for this?

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Anyway what i have gleened from this thread which was only meant as an observation is not to bother posting anything on here for fear of starting an argument or world war 3,like i said im obviously in a minority.Im sure that others will agree that trying to be part of this ever growing community is hard work when you try to add content and get shot down .once again just my opinion.
Brian & Jo
Hi Brian, just put it out there and then step back it's not your responsibility what happens after that, at least it keeps people out of the cold.

Martin

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Whilst wearing a full radiation suit thigh length waders shoulder length gloves and a gas mask

Just in case :D

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
That's not what the legislation says.

Where is your evidence for this?

can you quote legislation please ?

Not evidence.. but a description of grey water ..

Greywater usually contains some traces of excreta and is therefore not free of pathogens. The excreta comes from washing a person's anal area in the bath and shower, or from the laundry (washing underwear and nappies). The quality of greywater can deteriorate rapidly during storage because it is often warm, contains some nutrients and organic matter (e.g. dead skin cells) as well as pathogens. Stored greywater also leads to odour nuisances for the same reason

Southdowners

Free Member
May 7, 2015
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Concorde Charisma
Exp
Since May 2015
can you quote legislation please ?

Not evidence.. but a description of grey water ..

Greywater usually contains some traces of excreta and is therefore not free of pathogens. The excreta comes from washing a person's anal area in the bath and shower, or from the laundry (washing underwear and nappies). The quality of greywater can deteriorate rapidly during storage because it is often warm, contains some nutrients and organic matter (e.g. dead skin cells) as well as pathogens. Stored greywater also leads to odour nuisances for the same reason

So you wouldn't swim in the sea, lakes, rivers, etc as there are fish and other aquatic species who wee and poo in it and, heaven forbid, die and decompose in it? You wouldn't walk in the countryside for fear of contact with all manner of faeces and urine? You share the air with all manner of microbes, unless you live in a bubble that is. That's life.

Its all about what is reasonable risk. You obviously wouldn't be advised to drink grey waste but no-one's advocating that you do.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
no point in arguing about this anymore, because none of it will change anyones mind or habits.. dirty or otherwise.

we make our point and move on... it passes the time..

next

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
Awww! Cute!.

There are thousands of innocent men, women and children having bombs dropped on them by the Syrian, Russian and US governments.

There is a President trying to supply teachers with guns.

There are thousands of homeless folk in Blighty sleeping rough in freezing weather.

There are millions of people struggling for life because of drought.

I can't really get all hot and bothered about some grey water leaking from a motorhome.

Sorry.

JJ :cool:

Agreeing with just one out of the 5, is not bad.(y)

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
I dont have a problem with different opinions but i am struggling to get my head around the fact that some people think its ok to dump waste onto a public road.
Its obviously just me .
Brian & Jo

When you wash your car where does the soapy water go?

What's the difference?

Aug 5, 2017
Skelmersdale
Funster No
MH
RV WindSport 32A
Exp
5 years only
Does anyone know where I can get an Auto-Opener for the grey waste tank ?:D

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back