Caravan and Motorhome Club (1 Viewer)

Apr 9, 2014
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Can't be a bad thing, but interesting to see what else comes about.

Rob and Val

Free Member
Oct 17, 2010
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Talbot Compass Calypso
Exp
Since July 2010
It took them long enough - they have been going since 1907.
I wonder if the Camping & Caravanning Club will follow suit and change their name to "The Camping, Caravanning & Motorhoming Club"!

Aug 19, 2015
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2015
Just seen it. Stopped off at services in way to NEC and looked at the CC app on my phone. CC now known as CAMC.
Won't change anything will it?

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Just received an email about the name change, doubt anything else will change

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
It's OK but not quite gone all the way for @Jim , perhaps should be Motorhome RV and Caravan Club ;)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Franck

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 10, 2014
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
13 years
I wonder if this means they will allow people to mention (whisper it) .... aires? Or even, going into the realms of fantasy here, start supporting the creation of aires in the UK?

...and then I woke up. :(

There will never be Aires in the uk as long as the caravan and motorhome club are running a business selling campsite pitches. They spend a lot of time and money lobbying ministers to ensure it doesn't happen.

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
While we're jealous of the French Aires system, yes it is great there is no denying it. That said, while some aires are fantastic plenty are awful. Though we shouldn't beat ourselves up too much because Awful CL's are hard to find. And, there are thousands to choose from. I stopped on one last weekend just out side Cardiff. Very quiet, very pretty, nice 10m square gravel hard-standings surrounded by billiard table like well cared for grass, On a hill, stunning day and night views over the city just 4 miles away. £12 with 16amp electric. Caravan Club (y)

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
We use the CCC cs sites quite a bit in the UK and like them. As for UK Aires every time I've seen a poll there's not actually a great demand for them and with land at such a premium they'd never be free, not that many in France are nowadays.

Reactions: Jim

cornish boy

Free Member
Jul 24, 2016
Body in Hampshire, heart in Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon Tiki 669.
Exp
not so newbie anymore - since 2016
Whoops, did a search before posting but have now seen the other thread.

Screen Shot 2017-02-21 at 15.08.24.png

Screen Shot 2017-02-21 at 15.06.03.png

Brian and Jo

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 24, 2007
oswestry,shropshire
Funster No
MH
A-Class N+B Arto 88F
Exp
Been motorhoming for 15yrs.had an American RV for 7yrs,Now got a Niesmann Bischoff Arto 88F
Yes the new image ,logo and name was presented and unveiled at the NEC show this morning.We use the CC a lot and hadn't heard nothing until today not even on CT.
Brian & Jo

Jul 31, 2014
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
EuraMobil Activa 820HS
Exp
Wonder if they'll be making the pitches bigger/longer to all sites accommodate larger motorhomes? I have to alter my profile to make bookings at some sites and when I get there, there's usually a 2m grass space for overhang anyway.

Someone's already mentioned the pitch marker, which is a big bone of contention.

Probably won't alter anything but re-brand will be talking point & look good at the NEC this week.

May 23, 2008
Near Durham City
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
Since 1984
It's taken them long enough to realise we are there best cash cow. They'll always be a caravan club to me. Wonder what the caravan snobs think of the name change. Will this mean we'll all have to buy flowers, bowls of fruit and a tablecloth for our awnings.

two

Aug 4, 2011
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
A-Class Fiat
I think it’s a promising sign that the significance of motorhoming has got through. A Shame for those paying membership fees to see so much being spent on something that’s merely cosmetic when it could’ve been spent on more pitches. At least, if they’re going to change all the signage, they’ve only recently had a ‘practice’ when signs were changed from red to pale green – and mustard (or whatever the new colour will be) will be easier to see.

wingman

Free Member
Feb 10, 2013
Romford, Essex
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt Lo-Profile
Exp
Since 2012
Wooooo! This will put some CC (Ahem, C&MC) noses out of joint. Only the other day, I contacted a storage place to find that the owner had closed it down because of discord between tuggers and Mo-Ho-ho'ers.

Even my daughter-in-law's dad nearly had apoplexy when I bought my MH.
"I'm joining the outdoorsy set" says I.
"What van did you buy?" says he.
"It's a Motorhome" says me.
He replied simply, "Ohhhhh?"
Even the fact that I USED to have a caravan didn't cut any ice!

Will we have to wave at caravans now? :D2

John & Joan

Free Member
Mar 30, 2010
Darlington
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
10 years this time
The writing has been on the wall for touring caravans for quite some time after the requirement to sit an additional test to tow a trailer, while a campervan/motorhome under 3500kg could be driven on an existing category B licence. No wonder 40% of new (probably younger) members, now have motorhomes, rather than trailer caravans. We were pointing this out a few years ago as "The Motorhome Tourism Organisation".

The C&CC invested in camping pods for luxury camping so it is no wonder they see a market in larger static caravans.

Tongue in cheek!!! There used to be a Motor Caravanners' Club anyone heard of that lately?

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
While we're jealous of the French Aires system, yes it is great there is no denying it. That said, while some aires are fantastic plenty are awful. Though we shouldn't beat ourselves up too much because Awful CL's are hard to find. And, there are thousands to choose from. I stopped on one last weekend just out side Cardiff. Very quiet, very pretty, nice 10m square gravel hard-standings surrounded by billiard table like well cared for grass, On a hill, stunning day and night views over the city just 4 miles away. £12 with 16amp electric. Caravan Club (y)

One obvious difference is that you don't have to pay a company 40 odd quid a year for the privilege of using aires.

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
I wonder if this means they will allow people to mention (whisper it) .... aires? Or even, going into the realms of fantasy here, start supporting the creation of aires in the UK?

...and then I woke up. :(

There will never be Aires in the uk as long as the caravan and motorhome club are running a business selling campsite pitches. They spend a lot of time and money lobbying ministers to ensure it doesn't happen.

Now they'll be even worse. They'll point to their new name, pretend they represent the interests of all motorhomers and carry on with the same dishonest crap they come out with now to protect their business interests. "Off site camping is not needed or desirable" was how they worded it in one planning consultation I read where they for some ungodly reason were consulted as representing motorhomers.

They don't represent anything or anyone other than their own ever growing profits.

I find it really hard to believe that nobody in any planning department has ever spotted the huge glaring conflict of interest of a private company who sell pitches on their own campsites being consulted as representing motorhomers on matters of off site camping/parking.

Last edited by a moderator:

138go

Free Member
Feb 26, 2016
Funster No
MH
Carthago 138
Exp
Since 2001
One CMC Site we visited had had a new waste disposal point fitted it had a concrete base with a wooden fence round it and you were expected to reverse in. Trouble seemed to be that it was a bit on the short side and the drain was at the back. I asked when other sites would be getting them and they said it was a rolling program over the next 20 years.

Some of the Wardens are going to have to change their attitude to MH's now it's part of the club name .....

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back