Brian and Jo

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 24, 2007
oswestry,shropshire
Funster No
MH
A-Class N+B Arto 88F
Exp
Been motorhoming for 15yrs.had an American RV for 7yrs,Now got a Niesmann Bischoff Arto 88F
There has been a couple of other threads started on this but yes it was publicly yesterday morning at the NEC show.
Brian & Jo

Attachments

• IMG_0995.JPG
    IMG_0995.JPG
    230.1 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_0994.JPG
    IMG_0994.JPG
    251.1 KB · Views: 28
Jan 31, 2016
Halifax
Funster No
MH
A Class Rapido 9097F
Exp
June 2016
I am a member of C&CC not CC tried to book a pitch on Monday on a CC and as I was not a member wanted to charge me an extra £12 !!! Pfffssst. Total cost £31.20 Maybe they think its an incentive to join. However in my eyes it turned me off straight away.
I pitched down the road at a different site £15 result !

Jul 26, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
since May 2010
I am a member of C&CC not CC tried to book a pitch on Monday on a CC and as I was not a member wanted to charge me an extra £12 !!! Pfffssst. Total cost £31.20 Maybe they think its an incentive to join. However in my eyes it turned me off straight away.
I pitched down the road at a different site £15 result !
The same is true of the C&CC!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 31, 2016
Halifax
Funster No
MH
A Class Rapido 9097F
Exp
June 2016
The same is true of the C&CC!
Yes C&CC charge extra but no where neat £12 before I was a member i was charged £6 I think for a non member.
I only joined C&CC for a few of their benefits which made it cost effective. No sure I will be re-joining this year jury is still out.
CC dont seem worth it either toooo many rules and regs. been to several C&CC sitea no issues what soever
and TBH was only asked once if I was a member and never been asked to show proof !

Aug 21, 2014
Isle of Wight
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
20 yrs on and off
Really looking forward to being able to:

Feel welcome on Club sites when I want to empty tanks and fill up with fresh water :smiley:
Be able to use Club sites as stopovers :smiley:
Being able to pitch my van anyway I like as like as long as it's the required distance from the next van :smiley:
Seeing lots more sites open all year :smiley:
Using all Club sites and not just CLs :smiley:
Pointing to my new window stickers and quoting from the lovely letter I got today when I feel the new ethos of the Club is not being embraced ::bigsmile:

and last but most importantly...... "being valued as any other member" ::bigsmile:::bigsmile::rofl::Grin:

and I mean this most sincerely folks :smiley::smiley:

OP
OP
Gellyneck

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
Given some of the previous comments do you think this might be the latest site addition to CAMC?:whistle:

Attachments

• P1000130a.jpg
    P1000130a.jpg
    364.1 KB · Views: 73

RitaG

Free Member
Jan 26, 2016
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Kon-Tiki 635
Exp
They could have saved a fortune by not sending out these letters with the window stickers. Mine are going in the bin, I'll just stick with my Fun sticker.

Dec 23, 2007
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Hobby Van Kenobi
Exp
started when I was 11 with my parents-forgot to stop!been real one since 1980!
I got my letter today containing the new insignia and the letter was signed by Captain Mainwaring!
Here he is with Sgt Wilson and Pike

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
Yours was only a photo copy.mine is THE REAL THING ...lol
no ,mine is the original....hand scrawled in crayon it was. i say was, as the dog promptly ate it and tomorrow it will be part of a turd sculpture he is building in the garden

Khizzie

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Le Repaire,Thiviers,France
Funster No
MH
Autocriuse stargazer
Exp
since 2002
They only sent out the letters to motorhome owners , tuggers will find out later as the "club" didn't want to upset them too much ..lol

Nov 1, 2015
Norwich
Funster No
MH
RAPIDO 686F
Exp
Been bloody busy on family matters and only just caught up with this.
Because of said family things I've left the letter from The Caravan Club ( old logo on the envelope ? ) where I leave unopened ones. Have now opened said envelope and although not impressed with the logo except the wording, I too think it's a positive move. Apart from one nasty little s**t I've been pleased with the club although we also generally use CL sites.
Ray

Shrimp

Funster
May 27, 2015
Bedfordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
Long time
I wonder how much of our money they spent with some fancy image consultants to come up with that doozy? Probably £100,000+vat for them to suggest sticking an "M" inbetween the two "C"s......
I wondered if they had a meeting to decide how to spend some money, or the accountant told them to get spending before the tax year!
We had a boss once who bought a top range Hymer about this time of year to 'loose' some money!

El-Nido

Free Member
Oct 31, 2013
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Panel Van Conversion
Exp
Nice strapline in the email - "Change is in the air" - but they missed the 'e' off the last word ;)

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
Yep got a letter and new screen sticker . Whoever designed those need a bit of education ..they are boring to look at ..imho.

That would have been some big name advertising or design agency. A full rebrand like that for a company of that size it would have cost them somewhere near 6 figures if not well into 6 figures.

I agree though, the logo is not very inspiring. That kind of simplistic design is fashionable at the moment though.

two

Aug 4, 2011
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
A-Class Fiat
I imagine that they’re trying to stem a reducing membership but I don’t think it was in decline because of the name of the club. It’s more likely to be due to the lack of pitches or the price of them and the chance of addressing that will have been significantly reduced after the expense of this exercise.

Khizzie

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Funster No
MH
Autocriuse stargazer
Exp
since 2002
I imagine that they’re trying to stem a reducing membership but I don’t think it was in decline because of the name of the club. It’s more likely to be due to the lack of pitches or the price of them and the chance of addressing that will have been significantly reduced after the expense of this exercise.
Both price and lack of pitches, particularly at popular places which in my opinion are block booked for the whole of the season..

Sep 18, 2010
Plymouth
Funster No
MH
Benimar 486 tessoro
Exp
2010?
Great news
I can see a few more hard standings being put in place so as MH get Choice of same best view pitches ( example Plymouth Sound ) where MH always put at back.
Received my screen badge but it didn't have my number of member years on it so won't be replacing yet

Apr 29, 2014
isle of man
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2011
I was hoping that the latest mag they sent would now be featuring more motorhome content now they have changed the club name. Unfortunately they haven't altered anything same old features, tow car, caravan, 1x motorhome articles it is still heavily biased towards caravaning. Also why do the clubs I have belonged to Motocaravan Club,
Caravan Club, Autotrail Club etc always believe that the content has to be 99% touring /sites etc. Why not tech help etc I suppose they are frightened of litigation etc. In all other respects I enjoy belonging to the club, and the deals that on offer.

OP
OP
Gellyneck

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
On certain anniversaries of continuous membership of Caravan Club you get a windscreen sticker with those number of years on it.

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Explain what this is about, ???? And maybe I can explain to you !!
:)
Ref. ????

I dont understand this year thing and not wanting to put in a new sticker for your club.

Are you against the new sticker ?
Is it a sort of elite thing in the CC to have a year sticker ?

Never been a member so dont know.

Khizzie

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Funster No
MH
Autocriuse stargazer
Exp
since 2002
Ref. ????

I dont understand this year thing and not wanting to put in a new sticker for your club.

I have been a member for over 15 years and i haven't heard of it .must be that you need to be a certain type of member perhaps . Puzzled. Its always on the membership card but that's as far as I am aware of the number of years is printed.. . Any chance of a photo @SHARON JOHN. Very interested. Roy

Kingham

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 20, 2016
Kirkcudbright, D&G
Funster No
MH
AS Kingham 2017
Exp
Since 2009
Ref. ????

I got a "10 Year" windscreen sticker from them, which was the first time I'd seen one. I don't think it's an elitism thing, just a milestone marker for members, some of whom will display them, some of whom won't.

I'm not certain the new name will be retrospectively applied to those anniversary stickers previously issued, with replacements being sent out under the new name.

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
I got a "10 Year" windscreen sticker from them, which was the first time I'd seen one. I don't think it's an elitism thing, just a milestone marker for members, some of whom will display them, some of whom won't.

I like it, quite a few Funsters could have a 10 year badge come June this year. :D

Sep 18, 2010
Plymouth
Funster No
MH
Benimar 486 tessoro
Exp
2010?
Yes I have a 10yr badge from CC
Basically what I was originally saying is that I wouldn't take that off to replace with new logo.

Attachments

• IMG_5350.JPG
    IMG_5350.JPG
    157.2 KB · Views: 34

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread