Free Member
Feb 18, 2016
Rural South West Wales.
Funster No
MH
2015 Majestic 195
Exp
Since 20th Feb' 2016
In the latest edition of the C&MC club magazine it states on page 3 that '' Motorhomers now account for half of new joiners and well over a third of the membership ''

This info' confirms my initial suspicions as in my post # 6

Kingham

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 20, 2016
Kirkcudbright, D&G
Funster No
MH
AS Kingham 2017
Exp
Since 2009
Brilliant thankyou.wonder why the miserable old buxxers never sent me one.. I may have to sulk now. Hahahaha
If you ring them, they will send you one out.

As sad as it sounds, I did just that for a replacement after my windscreen was replaced on the Bolero and which I didn't get round to using before the van was sold.
It's eagerly awaiting the arrival of the new van :LOL:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Khizzie

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Le Repaire,Thiviers,France
Funster No
MH
Autocriuse stargazer
Exp
since 2002

As sad as it sounds, I did just that for a replacement after my windscreen was replaced on the Bolero and which I didn't get round to using before the van was sold.
Don't think that would happen now with the new logo .

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Yes I have a 10yr badge from CC
Basically what I was originally saying is that I wouldn't take that off to replace with new logo.

Ok... I understand now (y)

So in a way it is a bit "elitism" to have the 10 year rather than a common standard CC badge... ;) :D

ps... Just jesting... :whistle:

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
I have started my own sticker club... :)

1kbkzc.jpg

PhilPepz

Free Member
Feb 28, 2016
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Roller Team T-Line 590
Exp
Since 2012
As a CC member I received a letter a few days ago and the latest re-branded magazine today. I've always found that their travel service gets better discounts on ferry crossings and I met a motorhomer on Hayling Island that said they provide a good motorhome insurance package.

Feb 22, 2015
Grosmont near Whitby, North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
four years
Guess what all, I've just sent an e-mail to their membership department to say " Thanks, but no thanks. I don't need to spend £49 membership as well as pay vastly inflated pitch fees as well". No more of that palava!!

Khizzie

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Funster No
MH
Autocriuse stargazer
Exp
since 2002
Guess what all, I've just sent an e-mail to their membership department to say " Thanks, but no thanks. I don't need to spend £49 membership as well as pay vastly inflated pitch fees as well". No more of that palava!!
You pays your money and makes your choice ...i for one will be staying a member and using the facilities they offer. ..suits me ..

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
No problems here either. We know what to expect from a club site and what is expected from us.

The member benefits have been a huge bonus and the 5-van sites are nearly always top class.

I'm sorry that some people have had problems with wardens, that hasn't been our experience. We have always been welcomed with a smile and have not experienced snobbery on site from the owners of other types of unit - often the opposite when we have been asked about the advantages (and disadvantages) of the motorhome vs car and caravan. We will renew our membership when the time comes.
Ditto!

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009

I've just realised its you! And you've changed your avatar name!! ( I'm slipping must have missed that!!LOL:D)

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
Well however excited that other Grenville is, I don't think changing the name will make me want to join. I did join a few years ago just for one year so I could use a particular CL but it made it an expensive weeks stay though brilliantly located for the purpose I required it.

Kingham

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 20, 2016
Kirkcudbright, D&G
Funster No
MH
AS Kingham 2017
Exp
Since 2009
I've just realised its you! And you've changed your avatar name!! ( I'm slipping must have missed that!!LOL:D)

Keep it to yourself, but I had to change it after receiving a thinly veiled Valentine's Day death threat from @Tea Bag

I'm hoping to stay one step ahead of him with regular name changes :rofl:

**QUOTE**

Lets try "Culling ?" Funsters whose Funster Tag Names,begin with the letter........ "W?" First .:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:. I would class that as. "More imaginative:whistle::whistle:"
Zacharius Tea Bag(y)(y)

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
Keep it to yourself, but I had to change it after receiving a thinly veiled Valentine's Day death threat from @Tea Bag

I'm hoping to stay one step ahead of him with regular name changes :rofl:

**QUOTE**

Lets try "Culling ?" Funsters whose Funster Tag Names,begin with the letter........ "W?" First .:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:. I would class that as. "More imaginative:whistle::whistle:"
Zacharius Tea Bag(y)(y)
I won't tell a soul !;) But you do know you only get 3 changes I think!!:LOL:

WynandJean

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 23, 2010
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 682
Exp
Since 2010
Was on the stand at the show when it was unveiled as the live feed was on
Would have liked more input myself too
We were there then too. There had been such a big thing about being sure to be at the stand at 10.30 for the 'big announcement' by the Caravan Club. When we heard it we just laughed and said, "is that it?"

Wyn

FJmike

Free Member
Jul 17, 2014
Swindon
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
over ten years
I find it amusing that all that you get for ten years membership is a poxy sticker. We recently had our tenth year membership of France Passion, to mark this we had that years membership free, nice touch.

Jan 11, 2010
Chester
Funster No
MH
Auto-trail
Exp
Well that`s our 13th year & still loving it.
Re-branding to bring Motorhomes into the fold is fine by us, we have looked at some of the prices and it`s appears the new C&MC have adopted the price structure of the C & CC and prices for some sites have increased by quite a large jump.

A sign of the times no doubt.

two

Aug 4, 2011
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
A-Class Fiat
The pricing structure is slightly different between CAMC and CCC. CCC do not charge for the pitch, just the people using it, which would be more attractive to solo travellers. Where the charges appear similar per person, CAMC will be costing more than CCC because they add an additional consideration to the price for the pitch.

Khizzie

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Funster No
MH
Autocriuse stargazer
Exp
since 2002
The pricing structure is slightly different between CAMC and CCC. CCC do not charge for the pitch, just the people using it, which would be more attractive to solo travellers. Where the charges appear similar per person, CAMC will be costing more than CCC because they add an additional consideration to the price for the pitch.
yes being a solo and over 60yrs old camper I try to use c&cc because of the pricing structure .costs me a lot less than CAMC sites..example : Devizes C&CC this week for 4 nights cost me £40 .45p yes I know its not peak season but I never use sites in peak season.CAMC site at Chapel lane cost me £44.80 for 2 nights ..next month..

Jan 31, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
10 years +
C & C C always works out better for me because they give me the option of not having EHU. Just had 3 nights at C & C C Kingsbury site for £16.50, followed by 3 nights at C&MC Cherry Hinton which cost me £40.20.
Obviously, if I have to pay for it anyway then I use it - but I'm sure I didn't use £23.70 of diesel & gas extra at Kingsbury in 3 nights.

Khizzie

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Funster No
MH
Autocriuse stargazer
Exp
since 2002
Changing the name of the club is absolutely pointless unless their are some policy changes AND a change of attitude by some of the wardens!! Rant over!
Never in 15yrs of being a member of both clubs have I met a miserable warden with attitude.. Maybe I have just been lucky or perhaps they treat me as I treat them .as for rules , simple really as they are for a good reason I have no issues with any of them.. So if its not what you want don't use the sites. There are many on this forum that do not like the rules and that's their choice and I respect it just as I expect others to respect my choice .. ..however I do agree that a name change doesn't alter anything thats already rotten .. Roy

Cal54

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2014
Southport, UK
Funster No
MH
Leisuredrive Renoir
Exp
Since 1996
@Khizzie, the majority of wardens I have come accross have been fine but this weekend we did encounter a warden that would benefit from a customer awareness course. This is the opinion of a number of people I spoke to on the site. Your comments imply that I have deserved the brusque attitude of said warden because of the way I have spoken with her, which I feel is unwarranted, I accept that the incident in question was not the norm, but it certainly wasn't helped by the person in question.

The rules I am referring to are those that require regimented pitching without due regard to the type of unit. I am fully aware of the necessity of many of the rules but do feel that a more flexible approach needs to be adopted with regard to some issues, We obviously disagree on these matters but Im afraid you may well see me on a site somewhere as I will continue to use them when they suit my needs.

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back