Free Member
Jul 5, 2020
Peterborough
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoqest 155
Exp
6years
We are away in our motorhome for a few days ,there is a bus stop outside the site,it's a nice well laid out site between Shrewsbury and Oswestry.
The owners have recently taken on this site,all facilities are good,clean,and we'll maintained.
I just can't understand why the site is nearly empty they have loads of pitches available and the owners are really friendly and accommodating.
The charges per night are grass only £27 per night,hardstanding with electric £32 per night.Having seen how hard they work I am asking not for any bitchy opinions but a constructive opinions as the owners are so lovely I would like to see them make a go of it,they must have paid a fortune for this site and as it stands as I see it they need to make a reasonable return on their investment.

Solution
Well I certainly did not expect the amount of comments I got , thanks to you all for your feed back ,good or bad,that's what's it about ,the site is CRANBERRY MOSS BETWEEN OSWESTRY AND SHREWSBURY,just off the A5,about 60pitches grass non electric,grass with, hardstanding with electric, toilets, showers,laundry,washing up facilities, bus stop outside,no service on Sundays.
Small amount of goods sold in reception, no play area for kids,no shops nearby,or pubs.
But I have to say it suited our needs.
Then I for one will try it. Looks good👍

Wabs

Free Member
May 30, 2020
Dartford
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr E572
Exp
Always learning.
I totally agree with Jacksmith,,this is a huge business opportunity for them, put a half page ad in the mainstream monthlies,CMC,CAMHC,,I’d hate to see a fresh business fail through lack of acumen,maybe hold a Funsters rally,,the potential is huge…good luck to them.(y)

Upvote 0
Oct 13, 2016
Grays - Essex - UK
Funster No
MH
Mercedes Hymer B680
Exp
Been moho’ing for a time now
We are away in our motorhome for a few days ,there is a bus stop outside the site,it's a nice well laid out site between Shrewsbury and Oswestry.
The owners have recently taken on this site,all facilities are good,clean,and we'll maintained.
I just can't understand why the site is nearly empty they have loads of pitches available and the owners are really friendly and accommodating.
The charges per night are grass only £27 per night,hardstanding with electric £32 per night.Having seen how hard they work I am asking not for any bitchy opinions but a constructive opinions as the owners are so lovely I would like to see them make a go of it,they must have paid a fortune for this site and as it stands as I see it they need to make a reasonable return on their investment.
Short of reading through pages of posts has the original poster actually named the site, at those prices I will not be visiting anyway

Upvote 0

Coolcats

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 24, 2019
Funster No
MH
HymerCar Ayres Rock
It does make me chuckle when people say ‘too expensive’ it’s a business if companies do not charge enough for a pitch and associated facilities that have cost tens of thousands they go bust. I’m sure if the could charge £5 or £10 a night to cover operating and capital costs along with staffing and future investment and a little profit they would.

Upvote 0
Aug 9, 2011
Broadway
Funster No
MH
Aclass
Exp
since 2009
Those thinking these prices are expensive are living in a time warp. Less than £225 for a weeks holiday in the peak summer weeks. There's loads to see and do along that stretch of the A5 corridor.

Are we talking Cranberry Moss? If so it's an excellent site with all of the expected and desired facilities built to a high standard.
I understand your point but it’s not just £225 for a weeks holiday as you have to buy the motorhome first.

Upvote 0
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
It does make me chuckle when people say ‘too expensive’ it’s a business if companies do not charge enough for a pitch and associated facilities that have cost tens of thousands they go bust. I’m sure if the could charge £5 or £10 a night to cover operating and capital costs along with staffing and future investment and a little profit they would.
If others in the same area are charging a tenner less, what have they got to justify the extra?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Coolcats

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 24, 2019
Funster No
MH
HymerCar Ayres Rock
If others in the same area are charging a tenner less, what have they got to justify the extra?
When you run a business you have to look at operating costs, if it’s a farm and been in the family for years you can probably charge less. If you have just refreshed the infrastructure you charge a little more. So I cannot answer your question other than say it’s a business it has costs and are asking x amount per night. You are a customer you can choose to stay or not.

None of it is personal it’s just business. If this site charged £14 per night they need x2 customers so they may be happy to be 1/2 full which means less pressure on facilities and customers are more spaced.

Plus it’s not a bad thing because as more sites get full in the busy season it will give MoHo owners somewhere to stay.

Every cloud has a silver lining as they say :)

Upvote 0

frenchie 79

Free Member
May 11, 2021
Funster No
MH
c class
I have booked a site in Shrewsbury 12th august for 3 nights.33.00 per night 🤷‍♀️sounds like a nice site your on.Hope they have some more customers soon.

Upvote 0
Mar 30, 2019
Cardiff, UK
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2016
Hi both it’s Broadmeadow campsite Ross on wye alongside the A40 really lovely site and some spaces 😊
I've looked at that one in the past but the entry through the bus garage put me off. Can you walk out of the site without going through the industrial area?

Upvote 0
Mar 4, 2021
Truro, UK
Funster No
MH
swift sundance
Exp
2011-2013 and 2020 until now
Hi both it’s Broadmeadow campsite Ross on wye alongside the A40 really lovely site and some spaces 😊
I don’t know it would appear you can get into the back of Morrison’s from the site so could probably escape from the front of that but being idle tarts we take the car out the way we came in which admittedly is not the prettiest but to our surprise opened up into this unexpectedly lovely site with adult only section and family section showers and toilets laundry I think really handy for Hereford and Wye valley 😊

Upvote 0
Mar 30, 2019
Cardiff, UK
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2016
I don’t know it would appear you can get into the back of Morrison’s from the site so could probably escape from the front of that but being idle tarts we take the car out the way we came in which admittedly is not the prettiest but to our surprise opened up into this unexpectedly lovely site with adult only section and family section showers and toilets laundry I think really handy for Hereford and Wye valley 😊
Ah, ok, thanks for replying. Enjoy your stay. We ended up using the Ross on Wye rowing club site which is is basically a field right on the riverbank but still an easy way walk into town.

Upvote 0
Mar 4, 2021
Truro, UK
Funster No
MH
swift sundance
Exp
Ah, ok, thanks for replying. Enjoy your stay. We ended up using the Ross on Wye rowing club site which is is basically a field right on the riverbank but still an easy way walk into town.
Sounds lovely never been to this neck of the woods before but will defo be back 😊

Upvote 0
Mar 30, 2019
Cardiff, UK
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2016
Sounds lovely never been to this neck of the woods before but will defo be back 😊
Ross is ok, Monmouth is possibly a nicer town and only 10mins or so in a car. Are you touring around?

Upvote 0
Mar 4, 2021
Truro, UK
Funster No
MH
swift sundance
Exp
Ross is ok, Monmouth is possibly a nicer town and only 10mins or so in a car. Are
Ross is ok, Monmouth is possibly a nicer town and only 10mins or so in a car. Are you touring around?
We’re seeing as much as we can in the 5 days we’re here will definitely go and look at Monmouth as you say Ross is okay but Hereford is lovely 😊

Upvote 0
May 3, 2016
Ayrshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki
I had a look and put in for the basic grass pitch without EHU for a family of 4 with an awning and it was £38.50 PN.......ouch.
On a site with 60 pitches it wouldn't be for us anyway, we're not tight as we used to happily pay MHCC main site prices when we had caravans.
Sites that welcome families are great for the families, but we don't have children and we much prefer a quiet CL or isolated wilding.

Upvote 0

sharky

Free Member
May 18, 2018
Purton,Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Baileys 79.6
Exp
3 years
Stayed at this site a few weeks back.
how's the elderly lady?she's in the little caravan towards the top end of the site.
No pub or shops close by,Shrewsbury and Oswestry 20-30 mins by bus.
Lovely little site,if you got a car it's good.
Bus service also good if you haven't got a car.A5 busy road would not cycle.
(No service on sundays).
Nice owners got to know them quite well,they are the third owners -used to be caravan and camping site then someone else took over and now this couple.
I think at the moment they are happy the way things are going as they are new to the game,untill they get used to it.
They were farmers so a big change for them.
I would go back.

Upvote 0
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Stayed at this site a few weeks back.
how's the elderly lady?she's in the little caravan towards the top end of the site.
No pub or shops close by,Shrewsbury and Oswestry 20-30 mins by bus.
Lovely little site,if you got a car it's good.
Bus service also good if you haven't got a car.A5 busy road would not cycle.
(No service on sundays).
Nice owners got to know them quite well,they are the third owners -used to be caravan and camping site then someone else took over and now this couple.
I think at the moment they are happy the way things are going as they are new to the game,untill they get used to it.
They were farmers so a big change for them.
I would go back.
You could be right there, it was the op that was wondering why there weren't more there, not the owners, could be they are happy with less paying more.

Upvote 0
Mar 6, 2019
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
The Love2stay site which is only a couple of miles away on the outskirts of Shrewsbury, (but still too far out to walk in,) are currently charging £58 a night for unit and two people 😲😲
Heated pool, hot tubs, cafe

Upvote 0
Mar 30, 2019
Cardiff, UK
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2016
Heated pool, hot tubs, cafe
Have you been? What did you think?
Don't think there's a heated pool unless they have built one recently, there used to be an outdoor 'natural' pool, basically a big pond. When I stayed a couple of years ago the hot tubs were just permanantly full of kids. Not overly impressed with the site and haven't been back.

Upvote 0
May 26, 2016
north wales
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
moderate
A new site has opened up very near to where I live. Lovely views but that's about it. No amenity block (that I can see), a couple of portaloos. EHU I think...no pub or shop within walking distance ...can't see much else there.......£40 a night!......Having a laugh or what?......I won't name them on here, they don't deserve the publicity at that price....needless to say, it's not busy at the moment.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back