Free Member
Jul 5, 2020
Peterborough
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoqest 155
Exp
6years
We are away in our motorhome for a few days ,there is a bus stop outside the site,it's a nice well laid out site between Shrewsbury and Oswestry.
The owners have recently taken on this site,all facilities are good,clean,and we'll maintained.
I just can't understand why the site is nearly empty they have loads of pitches available and the owners are really friendly and accommodating.
The charges per night are grass only £27 per night,hardstanding with electric £32 per night.Having seen how hard they work I am asking not for any bitchy opinions but a constructive opinions as the owners are so lovely I would like to see them make a go of it,they must have paid a fortune for this site and as it stands as I see it they need to make a reasonable return on their investment.

Solution
Well I certainly did not expect the amount of comments I got , thanks to you all for your feed back ,good or bad,that's what's it about ,the site is CRANBERRY MOSS BETWEEN OSWESTRY AND SHREWSBURY,just off the A5,about 60pitches grass non electric,grass with, hardstanding with electric, toilets, showers,laundry,washing up facilities, bus stop outside,no service on Sundays.
Small amount of goods sold in reception, no play area for kids,no shops nearby,or pubs.
But I have to say it suited our needs.
Then I for one will try it. Looks good👍
Mar 6, 2020
Funster No
MH
Adria matrix
Exp
13 years
Ashbourne Heights campsite at Fenny Bently last week ( 3 nights , Tue,Wed,Thurs ) with electric just £33 for the stay. Tissington trail crosses through the campsite entrance driveway with access, indoor pool, cafe and bar onsite. 4 miles down the trail to Asbourne.
Couldn't believe the price as we had paid £32 per night the previous Sun and Monday at Greenhills near Bakewell to cycle the Monsal Trail access is 3 miles away. Was on electric and bar onsite.
Just the 2 of us and the van.

Upvote 0
Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
Looking at this thread and reading what people pay for campsites, not just the one mentioned in the OP, it just amazes me the difference between MHoming in UK and the continent.

We can tour round Poland. Slowakis, Germany and France and hardly spend anything on ‘Parking’, which is all we do, as we do not want facilities, only services, which we pay for if not free.

We just travelled in 5 weeks from Poland down to Greece including 3 weeks on a Greek island and paid nothing for Parking, except ‘Camping on deck’ on the Ancona-Patras ferry, which was an excellent ‘almost cruise ship’, with super food even in the buffet.

On the island there is no campsite so we just parked where the locals do for the beaches. We ate out most days had some Stonking meals including great octopus and other fish, and probably averaged €25 for two, including 2x 1/2lt of cool crisp white wine. Same as you lot are paying for parking – and we had sea views.

Even in UK we have generally parked somewhere, but not inconveniencing locals, simply because we do not like campsites. We have used CL/CS but also CPs in friendly counties like Powys and Hereford where they make one welcome. Airfields are another welcoming place if you ask nicely and one had a brilliant cook in the clubhouse so that encouraged us to stay a second day – also we had great communal fun with the pilots and instructors.

I just like this way of MHoming even though I could afford to pay some of the fees.

Geoff

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back