Aug 1, 2007
Billingham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2003
Hi Ralph.
I too like to try new beers, and get a quarterly selection from the Beer Club of Britain . The new one tried this weekend was Dark O- with minimalist labelling (black with an 0) ABV 4.1%, which was a bit too stout loke for my liking.
Regards Roger

I am not keen on Stout either

Dec 23, 2007
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Hobby Van Kenobi
Exp
started when I was 11 with my parents-forgot to stop!been real one since 1980!
Liverpool Organic brewery bitterble at the Peter Cavanagh just off Hope Street Liverpool:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

wasp

Free Member
Dec 21, 2008
Warsop
Funster No
MH
None gone caravannin
Exp
I read today on aol thata small Scottish brewery called brew dog have brought out a 41% abv called Sink the Bismark and retails at £ 40.00 a 33 cl bottle any body had any??:thumb::thumb:

barryd

Free Member
Feb 10, 2009
Yorkshire Dales
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since May 08
I read today on aol thata small Scottish brewery called brew dog have brought out a 41% abv called Sink the Bismark and retails at £ 40.00 a 33 cl bottle any body had any??:thumb::thumb:

Not that I can remember. It would be a short night though. 2 or 3 bottles of that and it would be all over. Expensive night as well!

Kronenbourg tonight!

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Not yet "wasp", and at that price, I'm not likely to either. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

You should have got yourself down to the big smoke on Friday 18th Feb. http://www.brewdog.com/blog-article.php?id=252

Today, it was Woodforde's "Sundowner" @ 4.1% ABV, followed by Fullers "ESB" @ 5.5% ABV
It was a toss up between ESB and Abbeydale's Absolution @ 5.2% ABV, (a lovely pint in it's own right).................but ESB won. :thumb:

Jock.

geoff587

Free Member
Feb 13, 2009
Doncaster
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Spent 2 years drinking Kindl, one of the 2 brewery's in Berlin if my memory serves me right. The other being Schulthaus (excuse spelling) still got a couple of glasses somewhere from the brewery trips. :Smile:

OP
OP
Ralph-Dot
Aug 1, 2007
Billingham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2003
Spent 2 years drinking Kindl, one of the 2 brewery's in Berlin if my memory serves me right. The other being Schulthaus (excuse spelling) still got a couple of glasses somewhere from the brewery trips. :Smile:

I like German Glasses :thumb:

geoff587

Free Member
Feb 13, 2009
Doncaster
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
I do find the type of glass I drink from effects the taste of the beer, I cannot drink out of pint pots or any thick rimmed glasses. Must be an age thing as I used to drink out of jam jars :beerchug:

OP
OP
Ralph-Dot
Aug 1, 2007
Billingham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2003
Drinking from pewter is putrid, it is too soft, also I can not drink from the can (unless I have to).

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
I like German Glasses :thumb:
Yep, me too Ralph. I too hate drinking out of Pewter, it's like drinking out of an old fashioned baked bean tin. Ugh.

My favourite German beer is Erdinger's Weissbeir Dunkel, really dark and smooth.

Not continuing on the German theme, yesterday, I had London Pride, Bengal Lancer, London Porter, (not bitter in taste, but nice and sweet), 1742, Vintage Ale, and Golden Pride, (beautifully smooth @ 8.5% ABV).

I was cheating though.........................as I was on Fullers Brewery tour. A great day out, especially with the weather as it was.

Cheers, :drink:

Jock.

OP
OP
Ralph-Dot
Aug 1, 2007
Billingham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2003
My favourite German beer is Erdinger's Weissbeir Dunkel, really dark and smooth.

Not continuing on the German theme, yesterday, I had London Pride, Bengal Lancer, London Porter, (not bitter in taste, but nice and sweet), 1742, Vintage Ale, and Golden Pride, (beautifully smooth @ 8.5% ABV).

Jock.

Had the Erdinger, Weißbier Dunkel, a couple of weeks ago and liked it, as for the others I have had some but not all.............Yet :thumb:

Dec 23, 2007
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Hobby Van Kenobi
Exp
started when I was 11 with my parents-forgot to stop!been real one since 1980!
Been on the wagon for most of Lent and had my first proper drinks to day, 2 pints of Thwaites Bomber-really nice and smooth with a strong toffee characteristic!

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Hi Ralph,

This weekend, I have been on Sam Smiths Old Brewery Bitter, and Moorhouse's White Swan Bitter, brewed in the name of the local pub we are near. That was an exceptional bitter, light in colour, aromatic, hoppy, and refreshing, and favoured by all the males in the group.

Cheers,

Jock.

OP
OP
Ralph-Dot
Aug 1, 2007
Billingham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2003
Hi Ralph,

This weekend, I have been on Sam Smiths Old Brewery Bitter, and Moorhouse's White Swan Bitter, brewed in the name of the local pub we are near. That was an exceptional bitter, light in colour, aromatic, hoppy, and refreshing, and favoured by all the males in the group.

Cheers,

Jock.

nice

Alfa_Scud

Free Member
Oct 29, 2009
East Lancs
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Well this weekend we were up near Arnside & went into the Woodlands Hotel at Silverdale, a brilliant, if somewhat strange, pub.

No Idea where the beer physically came from as there were no hand pumps on the bar (I suspect they may have been in "the back hole"), but I ended up allegedly drinking a pint of Salopian Golden Thread Link Removed which I've never tried before, selected purely off the blackboard!.
A superb golden bitter, almost lager like in colour, very citrusy (is that a word?) & extremely refreshing & more'ish. Not what you'd call a session beer though at 5%, but suffice to say I didn't just have the one, nor did I drive home!

I'd also agree with anyone who credits Moorhouses beers - they're all great, Blond Witch being my favourite, but I'm also partial to odd pint of Witches brew. And I help the environment too because the brewery's only 4 miles away & I walk to the pub (that's my excuse anyhow! ::bigsmile:)

Cupcake

Free Member
Apr 13, 2010
Norfolk Broads
Funster No
Exp
since July 2009
First time

Today had my 1st try of 'real ale'. Walked to remote riverside pub from CL where we are camped and instead of the usual 1/2 of lager decided to try Green Jacks Orange Wheatbeer (mainly because of the nice looking label on the tap!!) & very nice it was ....esp sat out in the sunshine, by the river with a plate of chips & a crusty roll....

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back