West Cornwall.
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
A year.
:shout:Give me my:shout:

Tribute
A Supreme Champion Ale of Cornwall as voted by CAMRA*, and the South West's Favourite cask beer**, Tribute is a popular favourite with locals and visitors to Cornwall, as well as being a much sought after guest ale throughout the rest of the UK. It is brewed using specially grown Cornish Gold Malt.
For foodies, Tribute is a perfect accompaniment to chicken, gammon or fish. The ideal alternative to a fine white wine.
Roger Protz, Editor Good Beer Guide, wrote: "Tribute is a magnificent example of a bronze coloured English bitter, with a rich aroma of biscuity malt and tart citrus fruit from the Willamette hops. Juicy malt, hop resins and tangy fruit coat the tongue, while the finish is long and lingering, with a fine balance between malt, hops and fruit, finally becoming dry and bitter."

Proper beer.

OP
OP
Ralph-Dot
Aug 1, 2007
Billingham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2003
Today had my 1st try of 'real ale'. Walked to remote riverside pub from CL where we are camped and instead of the usual 1/2 of lager decided to try Green Jacks Orange Wheatbeer (mainly because of the nice looking label on the tap!!) & very nice it was ....esp sat out in the sunshine, by the river with a plate of chips & a crusty roll....

good for you, well done :thumb:

OP
OP
Ralph-Dot
Aug 1, 2007
Billingham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2003
:shout:Give me my:shout:

Tribute
A Supreme Champion Ale of Cornwall as voted by CAMRA*, and the South West's Favourite cask beer**, Tribute is a popular favourite with locals and visitors to Cornwall, as well as being a much sought after guest ale throughout the rest of the UK. It is brewed using specially grown Cornish Gold Malt.
For foodies, Tribute is a perfect accompaniment to chicken, gammon or fish. The ideal alternative to a fine white wine.
Roger Protz, Editor Good Beer Guide, wrote: "Tribute is a magnificent example of a bronze coloured English bitter, with a rich aroma of biscuity malt and tart citrus fruit from the Willamette hops. Juicy malt, hop resins and tangy fruit coat the tongue, while the finish is long and lingering, with a fine balance between malt, hops and fruit, finally becoming dry and bitter."

Proper beer.

This one :thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Today had my 1st try of 'real ale'. Walked to remote riverside pub from CL where we are camped and instead of the usual 1/2 of lager decided to try Green Jacks Orange Wheatbeer (mainly because of the nice looking label on the tap!!) & very nice it was ....esp sat out in the sunshine, by the river with a plate of chips & a crusty roll....
Good on you Cupcake. Another convert perhaps?
It's just my hones opinion, but I'd say that you have jumped in at the "deep end", as there aren't many wheat beers around, and it is usually an acquired taste. Well done.

Cornishhaich, that "Tribute" sounds like a tasty beer. I'll look out for that one.

Cheers,

Jock.

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Hi Ralph,

I've not experienced many from your latest selection, other than the Pelforth Brune, which is an excellent beer, and one that I always look out for when in France. I am also a fan of Affligem Blonde and Brune. It's not French I know, but it is in France that I have mostly seen and tasted it.
Link Removed

Cheers, :drink:

Jock.

P.S. I have recently been on another of my favourites, Link Removed whilst touring Germany.

OP
OP
Ralph-Dot
Aug 1, 2007
Billingham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2003
Well I am back and have had loads of beers since the last time on here. Should I just carry on here, should I start a new thread or should I just leave it.

Would anyone be interested?

Howard H

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 10, 2015
West Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Benimar mileo 294
Well I am back and have had loads of beers since the last time on here. Should I just carry on here, should I start a new thread or should I just leave it.

I for one would be interested , my favourite beer at the moment is by wychwood brewery and called Hobgoblin Gold imo it's superb .

May 8, 2016
silver coast, portugal
Funster No
MH
C Class: Low profile
Exp
Boatie for 20 years

Of course. Not everyone thinks "beer" is called John Smiths, Stella ("Old Wife Beater") Artois or comes in fizzy cans

The Rebellion Roasted Nuts has been my staple through the winter months, now the softy walter lighter efforts have started dominating.

For those drinking in Portugal, the Bohemia craft beers are rather nice, as are the Abadia beers

OP
OP
Ralph-Dot
Aug 1, 2007
Billingham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2003
Of course. Not everyone thinks "beer" is called John Smiths, Stella ("Old Wife Beater") Artois or comes in fizzy cans

The Rebellion Roasted Nuts has been my staple through the winter months, now the softy walter lighter efforts have started dominating.

For those drinking in Portugal, the Bohemia craft beers are rather nice, as are the Abadia beers
Well there are two new ones

May 8, 2016
silver coast, portugal
Funster No
MH
C Class: Low profile
Exp
Boatie for 20 years
Agreed pyro. They should be made to try Schiehallion, from the Harviestoun Brewery. It is smashing. (y) A couple of pints of that would soon have them converted. ;)

Cheers,

Jock. :)
Bless 'em. A couple of pints of dishwater would be an improvement on some of the dodgy refrigerated stuff some of them have the cheek to call beer, I think they'd struggle with some of those Highland brews (I know I have in the past)

edit: Sagres Bohemia: aroma; malts, fruits, floral notes, roasted malts. Look; tarty beige head, copper amber clear body. Taste; roasted malts, berries, caramel, grass, modest hops - leading to a roasted malty finish. Feel; nice on palate.

Last edited:

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Well in the spirit of the thread I will offer,

IMG_0365.JPG

IMG_0363.JPG

Guest beer of the Month in a bar in Brugges.

And I am of course,

Martin

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Hi Jock

If I see any in a shop I will bring a bottle or two to Chester.

Martin
Sorry Martin, :(

No can do Chester, as we knew Rita wouldn't be fit enough to travel that far, and walk into the town. :( We are booked in for P/boro, if you and Jen are going. (y)

Cheers,

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Sorry Martin, :(

No can do Chester, as we knew Rita wouldn't be fit enough to travel that far, and walk into the town. :( We are booked in for P/boro, if you and Jen are going. (y)

Cheers,

OK Jock Peterborough is good, hope Rita is making good progress.

Martin

Dec 10, 2013
South Staffs
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740GJ
Exp
Since 2013
IMG_0076.JPG
IMG_0119.JPG
Ok all, have had a £hit day today so had a couple before teatime.
First one I am cheating a bit because it is a home brew. A Woodforde's Admirals Reserve, tweaked a bit at barrelling time by adding some spray dried malt. Probably needs leaving another couple of weeks or more before it gets to its best.
It looks like Amber Ale, not to hoppy and really malty with a hint of chocolate. ABV 5.5%
Second one needs no introduction as it has been on here before, Hobgoblin Gold. Only one I prefer more and that is Bank's/Marstons Sunbeam.

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back