What's happening with Britstops? (1 Viewer)

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Thing is... if you were going to a pub anyway, it's a free nightspot

If you self cater, then a campsite 'might' be better value

Depends on what & how you travel
exactly..

a site would generally be cheaper than meals and drinks for two in a pub.. circa £40-£50?

if pub stops are your thing, P4N and S4S have them all . or use this Google map for pub stops

Pub Stop Map with reviews

meanders

Funster - Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Jun 28, 2008
Ipswich, Suffolk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2004
Over the years we have stayed at several pubs where food is not being served on that particular day of the week, and on two occassions where the pub wasn't even open. On each occasion, we have been welcome to overnight, even when the pub was not open.

We rarely drink alcohol, and even then it's in low quantities, so I don't ever remember spending more than £40 for two as suggested by scotjimland., and often much less.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 19, 2019
Funster No
MH
Carado T339
Exp
5 years
exactly..

a site would generally be cheaper than meals and drinks for two in a pub.. circa £40-£50?

if pub stops are your thing, P4N and S4S have them all . or use this Google map for pub stops

Pub Stop Map with reviews
Yes a campsite might be cheaper that a meal and drinks in a pub. But then you don't get a meal and some drinks at a campsite included in the price🤔

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Yes a campsite might be cheaper that a meal and drinks in a pub. But then you don't get a meal and some drinks at a campsite included in the price🤔
indeed not, that's why we have a cooker in the van.. 🤷‍♂

a nice site and home cooking... or pub grub and sleeping in a car park.. ? 🤔

..cheers.. enjoy whatever you do..

IMG_1401.jpeg

Apr 19, 2019
Funster No
MH
Carado T339
Exp
5 years
indeed not, that's why we have a cooker in the van.. 🤷‍♂

a nice site and home cooking... or pub grub and sleeping in a car park.. ? 🤔

..cheers.. enjoy whatever you do..

View attachment 883476
I don't disagree. I was just levelling the argument and the comparison. Must be £30 worth of food and drink there though.

Yes it's a matter of choice of course. We tend to mix and match. We often stay at pubs when travelling.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
I don't disagree. I was just levelling the argument and the comparison. Must be £30 worth of food and drink there though.

Yes it's a matter of choice of course. We tend to mix and match. We often stay at pubs when travelling.
yes, it's not really about the cost..

it's what you prefer;.. and enjoy .. that dictates

zac

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 19, 2013
Basingstoke
Funster No
MH
Rapido A CLass 10000
Exp
since 2013
I got an email from Britstops saying they will reduce my subscription if i renew which i didnt do as missed the email, i did email them but they are not responding so will not be renewing at the full price as its just too much. I have been with them for a long time but now its £44 thats over what I am willing to pay. I am going away this weekend and staying in a Pub carpark due to convenience and they have replied and are happy for us to do so, this was found on search4sites. We will be going in both evenings for meals as i dont mind supporting them when they are providing a service.
I understand these things do cost money but i think they have hiked it a little too much in a short space of time probably trying to recoup the costs after buying it.

Jan 19, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
since 2014
I'm afraid the bubble has burst with Brit Stops. They could probably see it coming but at least had 10 years out of it. You see it many times where a business is sold and goes tits up

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
Obviously using the wrong Sat Nav, (or files contained therein), as my Truck Sat Nav programmed correctly, doesn't take me down dodgy or unsuitable routes, and copes very well.

I find it extremely hard to read a map when I'm driving, as it tends to interfere with my levels of concentration. :doh:

Cheers,

Jock. :)
Same here..dare not take my eyes off the road now..When I was truck driving I could read the map plus an A to Z and roll a fag at the same time..oh to be young..BUSBY 😃😃😄

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2019
Wales
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
Still dropping clangers and making it up as I go along
Same here..dare not take my eyes off the road now..When I was truck driving I could read the map plus an A to Z and roll a fag at the same time..oh to be young..BUSBY 😃😃😄
What no coffee :rolleyes:

OP
OP
Puddleduck

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
I found part of the fun was looking at the map deciding the area and then seeing what's around there to stay

Shame really
Yes the map was brilliant - we had a few trips where I found a Britstop on the map and we just went there.

Feb 14, 2021
Milton Keynes, UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 727G
Exp
19 month year 18000 miles UK, Ireland, France, Spain, Germany, Italy. Campsites and off Grid.
Yes the map was brilliant - we had a few trips where I found a Britstop on the map and we just went there.

I did this last weekend but not with Britstops. Just found a cheap park up - Broomfield Village Hall near Chelmsford. A CAMPRA site. £7 a night. Had 3 nights/4 days and found so much to do!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back