What have you fixed on your motorhome this week? (2 Viewers)

Jun 21, 2020
Huntingdon ish.... the rundown backwater
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2007
Safefill bottles filled at Peterborough FloGas (great service there BTW) he was telling me too how they and Calor have low stock of bottles, even for refills..... topped up the diesel tank ready for our next weekend getaway....just got to wash the exterior midweek, wipe everything over inside and load up, splash of water in the tank for travel (she always needs a wee on the way...lol) ....nothing to fix this week coming......

Apr 3, 2019
UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner Travel Van
Exp
Few years now
New battery fitted and cables tidied up. Replaced the plastic kitchen draw retainers, as one failed on our trip to Uphill Wharf last week. Cheap enough to buy and replaced them all just in case.

Apr 12, 2020
South Lincs....
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7095DF
Exp
20+ years. Previously Hymer B654 and Hymer S660 both c/w tow-bars.
Safefill bottles filled at Peterborough FloGas (great service there BTW) he was telling me too how they and Calor have low stock of bottles, even for refills..... topped up the diesel tank ready for our next weekend getaway....just got to wash the exterior midweek, wipe everything over inside and load up, splash of water in the tank for travel (she always needs a wee on the way...lol) ....nothing to fix this week coming......
That’s useful to know! I’m after a couple of Safefill 7.5kgs at the moment but they are like rocking horse manure.... no dealers have any!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 7, 2016
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2003
This week I fitted fridge fans in the roof vent.
747D0C8D-84FF-4D5D-96E9-87A125A12729.jpeg

R1guy

Free Member
Sep 7, 2018
East yorks
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
12 years
This week I have fitted semi air to the rear axle and upgraded the coil springs to the front which have lifted the front by 2" (50mm. front axle weight 1700kg) which has made the driving experience much more enjoyable with less body roll and now the motorhome sits nearly level when resting.
I used Vb-air for the rear as these are good quality, however I refused to pay the extortionate asking price for the front coils o_O instead opting for the Kilen 12181 springs that arrived at my door for the sensible cost of £99.23 for the pair.
The blue paint that vb air use on theirs must be very expensive as I am sure that they don't manufacture the springs themselves :whistle:
A big thanks to DP+JAY for the advice on the coils (y)

kevenh

Free Member
Jun 1, 2019
Thatcham
Funster No
MH
Compass C-Class
Exp
I'm a Progressing Newbie
Fixed the habitat door handle that mrskevenh pulled out of the lower pivot point.
Well, swapped.
I screwed the handle on too tight and the mechanism didn’t rotate back on its own stream. But after taking off some tension that’s fixed 👍🏻

Nov 5, 2019
Arkley, Barnet, UK
Funster No
MH
Corinium Duo
Exp
Relative newbie
It's not currently on my Motorhome as it's on the shed, but I think fixed my MaxView VuQube II :dance2:

I also did a mod on Sunday (as found here); fitted a catheter drain valve in place of the plug on the Thetford C200 flush tank drain down on our Corinium Duo.

cisterndraindownmod.jpg

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
If everything is switched off, as it possibly should be, all plugged in and then switch on the fuse board there should be NO current draw
I've never switched the mains off in all the time I've been using leisure vehicles. I cannot understand why it would be necessary.

Jul 22, 2020
NW - UK
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since Aug 20
I managed to break a sprung bed slat on the fixed bed in my PVC at the weekend (no sniggering at the back).

Knelt on the bed whilst fiddling about in an overhead locker, couldn’t reach the very back properly so overstretched and put full weight on one knee which snapped the slat.

Was expecting to find it awkward to replace as I thought it would be a non standard size (1050 x 53 x 8mm sprung) but quickly found the exact size spring beech slat online £4.50 each (The Bed Slats Company) and, although I had to buy a minimum of 4 slats, was very relieved as it has just slotted straight into place.

Plus point is I’ve now got a couple of spares for any such future incident and have learnt to be a bit more careful in future.

swiftsteve

LIFE MEMBER
May 16, 2018
kent
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral S 680 ST
Exp
Since 2008, with a gap between 2013 and 2018.
Not fixed anything, but took the van for it's MOT. It passed with no advisories. Not really surprising as it had only done a thousand miles since the last one.

PP Bear

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 5, 2013
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Dakota SE
Exp
Here we go:

2 x new leisure batteries
Sorted solar charge fault
Shampooed carpets
Sorted intermittent ignition fault on fridge when switching to gas (nightmare getting spares)
De-scaled both the fresh and grey water tanks and fresh supply systems with citric acid
Laid new rugs
Secured a dodgy spot lamp shade
Cleaned the roof and solar panel

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
Last week I got round to installing an electric valve to my fresh water tank drain. Previously you had to empty the garage and remove a panel to access the plastic gate valve, whilst skinning your knuckles on sharp metal parts

20210609_125838.jpg

Now I just lift a flap and press the button underneath

Next job is fit another electric valve to the grey water tank outlet, making redundant the cable operated valve

PP Bear

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 5, 2013
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Dakota SE
Exp
Last week I got round to installing an electric valve to my fresh water tank drain. Previously you had to empty the garage and remove a panel to access the plastic gate valve, whilst skinning your knuckles on sharp metal parts

View attachment 506533

Now I just lift a flap and press the button underneath

Next job is fit another electric valve to the grey water tank outlet, making redundant the cable operated valve
Pop one on the black as well. It'll justify one of those bumper stickers that says not to get too close or you'll flush 😂😇

Nice job by the way 👍🏻
IMG_0875.JPG

Apr 12, 2012
N/E Lincs
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Rienza
Exp
as above
Nothing major in the way of fixes but it stopped the fridge door opening on roundabouts.
Leaving Scotch Corner services the fridge door swung open. Management closed the door again but would not stay shut.
This being the third time the crappy plastic catch has let go in five years I had a think about a permanent fix. A new catch is about £18 so that wasn’t going to happen again.
On the top of the door is the bracket for swapping the hinge to the other side with a matching hole in the top of the door. For now I put a screw in there. When I get home I will make a posh version of this a lot cheaper than £18.

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
The whole thing is caput, Mike. Pappajohn gave me a link a couple of years ago to buy the end piece and it's been brilliant as I could use the lever as I held the shower head to switch it on and off .. (hope you understood that!!!)

The water stopped coming through it properly too. :(

I DID.manage to remove one of the ceiling vent thingis today and clean it though as per one of my previous requests for help. :)

It was full of spiders. :(

pappajohn. You are right the second time around it was TheBig1

:)

davida71uk

Free Member
Apr 7, 2021
Solihull, UK
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Mohawk
Exp
Fairly New
Fixed the kitchen sink tap as the brass nut was loose, but then cursed the universe trying to drop the sink back in with the seal around the edge, not to mention the ridiculous way the sink is held by plastic wedges under the worktop that you cannot even see, let alone manipulate when tightening the Torx screws. I swear the manufacturers have a good laugh when they put these things together.

Aug 17, 2020
Leicestershire, UK
Funster No
MH
Pilote
Exp
Since 2011
Well 3 days ago I fixed my drivers door seal. Ducato. Foyr inch of bottom end has become unattached from window pillar. I think frozen when I opened the door in the winter.
I used super glue gel as suggested on a fiat site. Dead easy to do but only held for 3 days. Any suggestions on adhesive I also tried gorilla glue without success.
Thanks
Chris

Two on Tour

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 16, 2016
Near the junction of the A14 and A1, Cambs
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 2010
Well 3 days ago I fixed my drivers door seal. Ducato. Foyr inch of bottom end has become unattached from window pillar. I think frozen when I opened the door in the winter.
I used super glue gel as suggested on a fiat site. Dead easy to do but only held for 3 days. Any suggestions on adhesive I also tried gorilla glue without success.
Thanks
Chris

This is one of my toolbox favourites.

Griff097

LIFE MEMBER
May 19, 2021
Cardiff, UK
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Thanks
ChriI

I just ordered some glue like the dentist use which is activated by a UV type light wand, looks impressive.

Previously I have used the adhesive silicone grips really well.

125BEER

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 5, 2018
PLYMOUTH
Funster No
MH
BENIMAR MILEO 282
Exp
Since 09 2018
Got the van remapped today +. 40hp +80torxes. Or whatever you call them. 👍🥃 I’ll be giving it a proper test drive tomorrow 😷
So how is the remap...or have I missed an update 🙂

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back