what did you fix today (1 Viewer)

Nov 6, 2013
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B574DL
Exp
Since 2011 (tugger for 20 before that)
Fixed the damaged MoHo roof today with the help of a good friend and neighbour.
Very happy with the result (y)(y)

LAM

Apr 23, 2014
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Chausson 640 Welcome
Exp
Began with the purchase of our first, ever MH in 2014
I have a couple of old woven bedside cabinets, nasty green too ! Which paint did you use, please ?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

makems

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2011
Ingleby Barwick,,Teesside
Funster No
MH
Sadly had to give up
Exp
2010-2017
Gwen decided she wasn't happy with the way the garden is laid out. So today I have had to rake back a load of limestone chippings and lay about 15 Indian Sandstone slabs of varying size that I had left over from building the patios. Then spread the limestone chippings back and place the patio table and chairs on the new slabs.
I am knackered.
Pleased to say Gwen had a gin and tonic for me and then a lovely roast chicken dinner. Now tucking into a bottle of red.
So it was all worth it.

Aug 19, 2014
Cliftonville
Funster No
MH
A Class Burstner
Exp
Since 2014
I fixed my daughters dishwasher....and also managed to wash her kitchen floor 3 times.... trying to find the fault... :rolleyes:

Bought a new Vango airstream awning - learnt that you can't put it up on your own...

PP Bear

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 5, 2013
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Dakota SE
Exp
Fixed the EHU socket. Asked to move the van by a site warden (too close by a meter, even after another site warden placed me there, sigh) and when I tried to disconnect the socket it was jammed fast :Eeek:

Had to dismantle it all, take the socket from the motorhome. Took 2 of us to separate it :clap2:

Trouble was we couldn't find ANY reason for it to be stuck in the first place :swear2:

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
Fixed the EHU socket. Asked to move the van by a site warden (too close by a meter, even after another site warden placed me there, sigh) and when I tried to disconnect the socket it was jammed fast :Eeek:

Had to dismantle it all, take the socket from the motorhome. Took 2 of us to separate it :clap2:

Trouble was we couldn't find ANY reason for it to be stuck in the first place :swear2:
I've had this happen. It appeared to be a very tiny weld between plug tube & socket pin - as though a brief poor contact caused arcing. It happened at home so I had chance to look pretty closely at it. Mine did actually come apart without dismantling but it was well stuck.

Hymie

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 29, 2013
Essex
Funster No
MH
Classic Hymer B564
Exp
Since 1981
Replaced the connector blocks for the rear light clusters that are fitted under the rear floor and found that the waxoyl I bought a few weeks ago was well needed so managed to spray the rear chassis.

Was going to finish off the waxoyling yesterday but we got waylaid by our eldest and by the time we got to Harriet I was aching too much from the day before so have decided to finish it next weekend.

I think I'm getting too old for some of this stuff, maybe time to start farming it out. :groan:

Hymie.

Jun 19, 2014
Cardiff
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
I'm a newbie
Hi I installed a Fiamma a20 water accumulator into the water system on M H Chasson Welcome 85 all went well now pump only runs maybe a little longer but not when just flush toilet bought from Johns Cross Fiamma Care at Motorhome show Shepton Mallet this past weekend together with two Electric bikes and a new mat for front cab a good time had by one and all ,also thanks to the organizer for a great weekend.

Sep 3, 2012
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
C Class Elddis 175
Exp
8+ years
I'm trying to fix the Camos dome that came with my MH. It's very, very, noisy and takes longer to lock on to a satellite than it used to take me to lift out the dish, connect it to the van, find the satellite, then sit down with a cuppa. I am NOT exaggerating. Then, because the previous owner of the van thought it would be a good idea to fit the type you can use when the van is in motion, it sets off again if someone enters or leaves the van. It only takes 5 minutes or so under those circumstance. I also bought an Oyster dish recently with no control box - I might convert that to manual if I can figure out the circuit board. If anyone has a dead or dying Oyster I'd like to buy it.

if you figure out how to stop the Camos from searching after it has locked on to a signal. please let me know. Mine seems to work better when switched off and then back on again when it starts to move again.:mad:

OP
OP
Wildbill
Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
just finished my smoker cost nothing to make
the BBQ was given to us
the stainless steel bucket came out of a skip
the steel bracers are 1" steel banding from a skip
and the dog donated his water bowl

Attachments

• 20140916_201801.jpg
    20140916_201801.jpg
    127.7 KB · Views: 43
  • 20140916_201720.jpg
    20140916_201720.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 41
  • 20140916_201737.jpg
    20140916_201737.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 43

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
Replaced the connector blocks for the rear light clusters that are fitted under the rear floor and found that the waxoyl I bought a few weeks ago was well needed so managed to spray the rear chassis.

Was going to finish off the waxoyling yesterday but we got waylaid by our eldest and by the time we got to Harriet I was aching too much from the day before so have decided to finish it next weekend.

I think I'm getting too old for some of this stuff, maybe time to start farming it out. :groan:

Hymie.

We used to use Waxoyl to fill electrical connectors to prevent corrosion on fork trucks at a liquid fertiliser plant. It worked brilliantly.
It might be worth trying on all those cheap unsealed connectors under the van that MH manufacturers love to fit!
It would save no end of lighting problems in the future....

Ours have been done since new, even though they are sealed!

OP
OP
Wildbill
Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
We used to use Waxoyl to fill electrical connectors to prevent corrosion on fork trucks at a liquid fertiliser plant. It worked brilliantly.
It might be worth trying on all those cheap unsealed connectors under the van that MH manufacturers love to fit!
It would save no end of lighting problems in the future....

Ours have been done since new, even though they are sealed!
that's a gratee idea john once I have done the montane of jobs I have to don on the van that will be first on the list:Eeek:

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
if you figure out how to stop the Camos from searching after it has locked on to a signal. please let me know. Mine seems to work better when switched off and then back on again when it starts to move again.:mad:

So does mine. Useless bl***y thing. :swear2::swear2:

Hollyberry

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2011
New Forest.
Funster No
MH
None.
Exp
4yrs
I have a couple of old woven bedside cabinets, nasty green too ! Which paint did you use, please ?

I use Annie Sloan chalk paint on everything--no need to sand or use primer.

With a dry brush, first brush over all the wicker to get rid of any loose bits, dust trapped in the wicker ( I'm not saying your house is dusty but anything contoured hides dust particles)
Stir paint well and paint on very very thinly.

I make my own chalk paint too but AS is the best.

Sep 15, 2009
Sussex coast
Funster No
MH
Lowline
Exp
learning
Today I fixed my toilet after discovering a leakon Sunday luckily it was the flush water. Took me a while to find but just as I was going to complete!y remove toilet working like a blindfolded gynacolagist I found where it was coming from removed the part the vaccum breaker. Orders new one Sunday eve it arrived today so after dinner I refiited now good as new. How much should I charge the bride I must a saved her a small fortune lol

Apr 10, 2014
huddersfield
Funster No
MH
Fiat
Exp
Not today but last night in dark I replaced both front headlights on the 20 year old hymer , just need to work out where to stick the beam deflectors now as left hand drive lights in uk ,

Sep 5, 2012
Scotland
Funster No
MH
East Neuk Fifer
Exp
since 2012
Iuse Annie Sloan chalk paint on everything--no need to sand or use primer.

With a dry brush, first brush over all the wicker to get rid of any loose bits, dust trapped in the wicker ( I'm not saying your house is dusty but anything contoured hides dust particles)
Stir paint well and paint on very very thinly.

I make my own chalk paint too but AS is the best.

My diningroom has a few shabby chic pieces painted in Annie Sloane Country Grey, love them but would be cheaper if I mastered the technique myself.

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner Harmony TI 736 G
Exp
Since 1987
If yesterday counts, I fixed the parking brake on my Westwood mower. The caliper is fixed to the gearbox by two bolts, one had sheared. I had to cut the thread, drill it out, retcut the thread and screw in another bolt. Oh, I changed the brake pad and freed everything off too.
A job that should have taken me less than an hour took me 4 hours!
Still, at least it won't roll away on my flat lawn now!
Allan

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
I would fix if I could these darned lights in the van, all the lights in the front of the van have gone so dim you can only just see that they're on.
It happened a little while ago and after asking on here, we drove a way to the next campsite and whey hey they came back on again, what's going on? The 2 rear reading lights are on but all the front4 lights, even the washroom lights have dimmed.

Sep 15, 2009
Sussex coast
Funster No
MH
Lowline
Exp
learning
I would fix if I could these darned lights in the van, all the lights in the front of the van have gone so dim you can only just see that they're on.
It happened a little while ago and after asking on here, we drove a way to the next campsite and whey hey they came back on again, what's going on? The 2 rear reading lights are on but all the front4 lights, even the washroom lights have dimmed.

I would say its an earth issue how to find or sort it I don't know sorry

laneside

Funster
Deceased RIP
Aug 14, 2009
Oradour sur Vayres
Funster No
MH
Rapido V66
Exp
nowhere near long enough
I fixed a brand new shower in to sisters today, now I can set off to the Spanish border to meet up with Munchie with a nice clear conscious and then the winter trip begins YIPPPPEEEE

OP
OP
Wildbill
Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
Dragged the drilling contractor kicking and screaming in to the 21 fst centaury got them to implement electronic drilling reporting drillers log's
it's so much better for every one with spelchuker and now Daly drilling report are only a click away

Brian and Jo

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 24, 2007
oswestry,shropshire
Funster No
MH
A-Class N+B Arto 88F
Exp
Been motorhoming for 15yrs.had an American RV for 7yrs,Now got a Niesmann Bischoff Arto 88F
I fixed 3 very tough customers(y) in the right way of course:LOL::LOL::LOL:
brian amd jo

PP Bear

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 5, 2013
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Dakota SE
Exp
I got some of that Thetford cassette toilet cleaner (in the purple bottle) followed instructions and what a load of rubbish. So filled it up with a mix of viakal and that did the trick :)

Then stripped the cassette down, serviced all the slides, lubed the O rings etc and even got the magnetic float working again :)

Happy Bear :)

Sep 10, 2013
Chelmsford Essex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Getting better
Whilst away last week the handle on a roof light broke. So today I worked out how to remove the Remis interior blind cassette. I freed up and lubricated the rooflight mechanism and cleaned up the cassette and set to try and locate some spare parts to fix the broken parts.
Lesson to be learnt roof lights to be serviced annually.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back