what did you fix today

Nov 18, 2011
done this one last year cant find the old on but her it go's
I fixed my starter motor replacing bushings and brushes.

tambo

Free Member
Jun 21, 2014
Dunfermline fife scotland
MH
a class
Exp
MH Since 2008, ex tugger and vw campers since 1992
I'm attempting to dye the original curtains ....first batch of dye changed from green to blue ...im hoping this second batch will give me the grey I want lol

So currently not fixed but hopefully will be :)

tambo

Free Member
Jun 21, 2014
Dunfermline fife scotland
MH
a class
Exp
MH Since 2008, ex tugger and vw campers since 1992
Changed one of my roof vents to a mini heki .....got another to do tommorrow

What a difference they make

I'd like to source a full size one and make the front vent bigger but im reluctant to pay £350-£400 for one do will keep am eye on the breakers yard

mariner

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 21, 2013
Isle of Dogs, but mostly Artola Spain.
MH
Caravan
Exp
Since 2007. But no more.
I replaced the 3 lever lock on the back door to a 5 lever lock. (Insurance demands it)

Did it just slot in when the old one came out? Of course not!

Lots of chiseling and drilling later it looks better fitted than the original and that was done by a tradesman.

:cooler:

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
A while ago I bought a grass sweeper/collector secondhand, being sold as it was breaking the drive gears and replacement wheels cost £77 plus postage each. I stripped it and replaced a number of bearings then turned my attention to the gears, they are plastic and cast as part of the wheel so I resolved to improve the design and make a replacement gear out of aluminium. After preparing the blank I mounted it in a dividing head on the vertical mill. (yup those who have seem my man cave often wonder if I actually use any of it).

With a little nifty maths the correct involute cutter was determined to be 10DP and 56 teeth needed cutting
Eventually a gear was produced and fitted. Tried in place and it runs perfectly. Magic. I may as well make one for the other end as well to halve the wear, should last me a few years.
Finally fitted in place

OP
Wildbill
Nov 18, 2011
A while ago I bought a grass sweeper/collector secondhand, being sold as it was breaking the drive gears and replacement wheels cost £77 plus postage each. I stripped it and replaced a number of bearings then turned my attention to the gears, they are plastic and cast as part of the wheel so I resolved to improve the design and make a replacement gear out of aluminium. After preparing the blank I mounted it in a dividing head on the vertical mill. (yup those who have seem my man cave often wonder if I actually use any of it).

With a little nifty maths the correct involute cutter was determined to be 10DP and 56 teeth needed cutting
Eventually a gear was produced and fitted. Tried in place and it runs perfectly. Magic. I may as well make one for the other end as well to halve the wear, should last me a few years.
Finally fitted in place
look's like a nice job roger

Hollyberry

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2011
Paignton, Devon.
MH
Sadly none at present :(
Exp
4yrs
Today I "fixed" a wicker garden set, bought at auction couple of months ago.
Chairs were grubby grey, table was olive green with glass top thickly painted in olive green paint.

It's now all matching Paris Grey with fabric under the now clear glass. Looks a lot better.

SMC Motorhomes Newark
RoadPro
Johns Cross
Safeguard Motorhome Insurance
Rhino Installs
Friendly professional service from qualified technicians
Free Club Stickers
Dave Newell Leisure Vehicle Services