What are you up to this weekend? (4 Viewers)

Ukbandit

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 8, 2014
Barnsley, UK
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker
Exp
Since 2012
E0A77E5C-876D-41D7-BF56-916F0AB663CD.jpeg

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
What a great weekend that was.(y) We intended staying on sites but it was a bit of a mad house so we booked into hotel.
The north Norfolk coast was mobbed from Wells-next-to-sea around to Cromer. We called into Kelling Heath where our Covid details were taken on entry but tents everywhere. Tents appear to be the popular choice of the masses.
The riverside car park at Blakeney was also mobbed and at £4.50 to enter they are making vast fortunes from the visitors.
Anyway we left Norwich after lunch yesterday and had a fantastic drive home, clear and fast. We are having another weekend there soon hopefully when the schools are back.(y)

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
A family rally. Rented a small field for Friday through to Monday..
About 8 vans, all family of VERY close friends
Friday night jacobs table, Saturday silly games, music and mass cookout on a big fire pit
Sunday chill out
Monday back home

Aug 12, 2020
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Citroen romahome
Exp
Since 2016
Keeping out of the way.
Tuesday when the maddness eases we are on the road to North Wales for a few days.
Very wise, having just seen the pics of the circular London car park, aka M25, in the Daily Wail

Boris7

Banned
Jan 27, 2020
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Burford
Exp
1 year
Heading to Knockhill racing circuit for the British Touring Cars Championship with my grandson (14) who's entered in the karting racing. Here's hoping he does well because there's nothing worse than a teenager having a strop and his mother and father too far away to hand him back to!!

Thats where I would have been this weekend :(

Waiting to see when we can attend BTCC again.

Oct 9, 2019
Todmorden
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
FUNSTER in a PVC
I will be planning a Staycation trip up to Dumfries and Galloway then on to the coast near Dunbar. Got sites booked for 3 weeks maybe move on up towards the Black Isles if the weather and washing remains kind. When I say planning, I mean decide what subjects to photograph.

Oct 25, 2016
Hartford Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 79-
Exp
Lots but slow learner.
Thats where I would have been this weekend :(

Waiting to see when we can attend BTCC again.

I live within the sound of the engines at Oulton Park. It was purgatory last weekend listening to the BTCC mob going around the circuit and not being able to go. I did watch 6 hours of it on telly though.
This weekend at Oulton there is viewing at big classic car auction (actual auction on Monday). As many people as like can go have a look. So why can we not go look at the racing. Once again bonkers. IMHO.

Boris7

Banned
Jan 27, 2020
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Burford
Exp
1 year
I’m near Silverstone, two GP’s in a row and the place empty 😥

Oct 25, 2016
Hartford Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 79-
Exp
Lots but slow learner.
Just tried to book a site near Lynton for 1 week from 18th Sept (5-10 mile radi) First 3 i contacted full no pitches. Keep looking and moving further out.

PS. we want a fully serviced pitch.

Jul 28, 2018
Monmouthshire
Funster No
MH
Roadscout R
Exp
Was a campervanner, now a motohomer
At home. Weekend to include :
Walk in forest, WSB, F1, maybe cricket, staring at bicycles online but not buying one until I can try a folding one, tidy garden, phone children, send birthday cards, stuff like that.
have a lovely BH weekend wherever you are and whatever you are up to 🙋🏻‍♀️👵🏼🍷🌞🌧🌂😎🍺

BillandHelen

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 17, 2013
Edinburgh United Kingdom
Funster No
MH
Wildax Elara
Exp
since 2004
Bank holiday weekend on the CAMC site in Melrose, opposite the famous rugby sevens ground. 5 min stroll into the bars and restaurants in the town. Off to Kelso on the bus today for a spot of lunch. It’s dry, but a bit cloudy but great to be away again.

makems

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2011
Ingleby Barwick,,Teesside
Funster No
MH
Sadly had to give up
Exp
2010-2017
Got a gig today and tomorrow at the Classic Car show at Dormans Club in Middlesbrough. Its in aid of the Northern Air Ambulance.
Its an outdoor stage and when we did this gig last year it was sweltering and I lost a kilo in sweat. I am wearing my thermals this year.
The B-Bopalulas will be on stage at 3:00pm today and 1:30pm on Sunday

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back