LIFE MEMBER
Jun 1, 2015
Norfolk, UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner Argos 748
Exp
4 years
So I have a Burstner Argos and filling with water has always been a PIA since owning it.
It may be in part because I like to use the clip in connector shown below.
20200825_100419.jpg

The water tank has what appears to be an overflow/air vent pipe that runs into the filling socket, see the blue pipe.
20200825_100621.jpg

The problem seems to come from the insert that goes into the socket to make the standard filler cap fit. It just pushes in but blocks the vent hole.
20200825_100530.jpg

It just pushes in and cal be pulled out so probably makes locking the cap a waste of time.
20200825_100521.jpg

The main issues is any half descent water flow and it mostly run down the side of the van because the air has nowhere to escape.
If you leave it on low enough flow it will fill to the point where it starts to pressurised the tank causing water leaks around the level probe.
If I remove the main tank inspection screw in cap, it can fill really fast as the air can escape but take your eye off the ball and you end up with a flooded garage.
Is this filler cap normal I have I got some crap adaptor to make the standard cap fit and what I need to do it buy a proper filler cap and a different hose adaptor?

Boris7

Banned
Jan 27, 2020
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Burford
Exp
1 year
I'd start here, I'm fairly sure you take the inner circle piece out if the tank vents to the filler.

read down "Change the parts to fit your vehicle design. Simply follow the included instructions."

Boris7

Banned
Jan 27, 2020
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Burford
Exp
1 year
I still have the packet and will read it on Friday when I pick there MH up

Aug 4, 2019
North East Riviera
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Enough to Survive
I have the heos filler cap....

If you remove the plastic ring and set it up as if its an unvented water tank, it allows air out past the filler cap as the water is going in, rather than using the vent.

I have the instructions here if you want any info from it......

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
The problem seems to come from the insert that goes into the socket to make the standard filler cap fit. It just pushes in but blocks the vent hole.
should be glued in. Position it ,mark where it covers vent, remove & file /cut clearance for vent , test refit & if ok stick it in with superglue.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
The Heos ones they sell two types one vented one unvented.
You just need to drill a hole for an air vent in yours.

Feb 9, 2008
SW Scotland
Funster No
MH
LP Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2008 after caravanning for 20 years
100 litres from a 10 litre watering can in 5 mins, that's Usain Bolt pace so good on yer..
Top up once or twice a day, 5 mins is about right.🙂

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Simply don't use the clip in connector, push a plain hose further in. (y)
And watch it pop out when you turn the tap on. 😂😂
We had one of the Heos fillers cap things when we had a Globecar and as the vent was a small hole in the edge of the filler aperture, similar to the OP's, we had an issue with it as, even when set to use with an unvented tank, the hole was way too small to allow excess water to overflow consequently we ended up with a flooded camper as it came out of one of the inspection caps! I ditched the Heos and adapted our hose pipes by fitting hooks on them (hooks were off coat hangers) so they allowed one-person filling but with no risk of it flooding the camper again. We've used the 'hook' method a lot and it works a treat.

hose hook.png

Attachments

• water filter manual.pdf
    1.4 MB · Views: 50

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
That's the greatest thing I've seen yet!! I am so stealing this!
I have been pouring it in through the access panel in the floor...... Don't I feel as thick as mince now!!!!
The one I have uses a smaller elbow so it goes directly into the filler itself rather than into the outer edge which can be a bit mucky, we drink from our tank but if you don't this won't be such a concern.

Rapidoman 2011

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 21, 2013
Worcester
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9009 DFH
Exp
20 Years Plus
When l picked up this Motorhome water kept coming out through the filling point as l was filling it. After lots of crawling around and checking this and that, l found that someone had pushed a tyre valve into the breather under the van, pulled that out, big gush of air and now fills easy as anything.

Nov 4, 2011
Uk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Whats wrong with just holding the hose in the tank until its full 5 minutes or so works for me. No chance of overflow or flooding you out.
Not so easy if it’s a push button tap, unless you’ve got really long arm.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back