Urgent help please - anyone speak dutch!!! (1 Viewer)

pinkie

Free Member
Apr 23, 2013
Angus
Funster No
MH
Hymer B555 Auto
Exp
Hi,

Mental last minute request please!!!

Someone has just accepted my offer of 9000 euros for this - but I can't get through on the number he has listed on his ad. He say's he will accept my offer to collect but I need to pay cash only.

Broken Link Removed

The number listed keeps coming up with "not recognised" even though I am dialling 003113..........then the number......

As I am trying to communicate via google translate it's a bit difficult.

I will need to take my daughter, the dog, and get the train down to Harwich and then across to Holland, if we leave tomorrow morning with overnight sailing we could be there Thursday to collect.

Anyone got any thoughts, as I don't want to go through all that if it's a scam, but to me, it looks a decent price and worth the effort involved.

Thanks you guys! ::bigsmile:

(Okay he's sent me the correct number now, but I still need a dutch speaker to phone him for me please?)

Last edited:

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
Thank you Pinkie for the most fascinating thread we have had for some time.

Like many others I was very concerned as to what you were letting yourself into with this purchase. However, as the thread has progressed it has become obvious that you are fully aware of the possible pitfalls, are very well organised and have tremendous backing from so many people.

It looks like the seller is genuine and helpful so I am confident of you having a successful outcome and would like to add my good wishes to you and your daughter.

Have a great trip, enjoy the weekend and I look forward to reading your future posts on MHF on your travels.

Brian

Upvote 0

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
From page 2 of this thread I realised that this lady was not going to be put off by anyone from doing what she had by this time already made up her mind what she was going to do. It was at this point I put my tupennyworth in. I knew it would be futile to try and talk her out of what she was going to do, and in those circumstances all that anyone can do is offer help and positive advice.
Whether the van is good or bad is immaterial at the stage she was then at. She will know soon enough if its a good buy and she will have gained an awful lot of experience in the process. She will be better armed than many after this excursion to be able to close a deal with anyone. She seems to have done all her homework as the Hymer Sclass from the era that she is looking is just about as good as they come with little or no known problems of damp as they are built with a one piece wrap around fibreglass roof and alloy framework. The worse scenario that can happen is that one or more of the habitation units could be US, of which all are replaceable here in the UK. The savings that will be made on this van from buying here in the UK will run it for several years to come, and it will always be worth what she paid for it, which not many motorhomers can say about there UK dealer bought vans. I say good luck to the girl and have a safe and speedy return :thumb:.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Sep 3, 2013
Crowthorne, Berkshire
Funster No
MH
1992 RMB Silver Star 670
Exp
One year. A whole one!
Pinkie, having driven many miles in a similarly-aged Hymer S670 over the weekend, I know you'll love your slightly smaller S550!

They're great fun to drive and the interior quality is stunning for a 20 year-old vehicle and very comparable (if not better than many) to a nearly new one, in my opinion. And they have loads of character and charm.

I really look forward to your further updates. :thumb:

Upvote 0
Aug 17, 2011
North East
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs T7057
Exp
since 2011
Great thread! You make it sound so easy if you are organised! I hope all goes well!

Keep us posted::bigsmile:

Upvote 0
Jan 19, 2012
Leicester
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2012
It would also make a great article for MMM or the other one. Seriously, Pinkie, worth considering, as it would at least pay for the transport costs! Trust me, I used to be a spin doctor...

Upvote 0

daisy mae

Free Member
Mar 12, 2013
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
C class Coachbuilt
Exp
I`m a newbie, now 1 year
Just adding my very best wishes Pinkie, just proves what determination can achieve. go girl, :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: if all our good wishes are anything to go by, and your determination you will come back a MH Owner. Take care, safe journey,

Margaret

Upvote 0

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
Only just re-caught up with this thread, I wont say that i wasnt concerned especially with the fact that the three of you would be jumping on and off trains etc and when you first posted it sounded as if it was a spur of the moment madness type post

but

Go girl Go,

It would seem you have done things in the right order and checked them.

I hope you and your family have many happy trips in your new to you van

now in all your excitement dont forget to visit the vets for your dogs check for the pet passport Saturday morning at the latest so you can all get home ok

Last edited:
Upvote 0

alfandM

Free Member
Mar 12, 2012
sweden
Funster No
MH
A
Exp
:Sad: Sorry Bebe, certainly didn't want anyone worrying about me, I'm a big girl!!! (.........as for my dad, he still would have said "stay at home and watch tv it's cheaper!)

I have lots of phone numbers of people who have kindly offered to help translate and Billthedrill even offered to come over if I ran into problems.

It seems a lot has happened since I first started this thread, in the space of a day everything is well organised to drive back, with UNTOLD amounts of thanks to the lovely Meor for translating for me, and the offers of help from Snowbird/Billthedrill and Onderweg.

The seller emailed a little while ago and said he can get the registration/plates and temporary insurance cover for me for 150 euros, although I don't need the insurance.

And since it looks like we will have all the paperwork sorted out tomorrow, I expect a nice weekend in the motorhome in Holland before coming back Sunday, and have changed the MOT to Monday afternoon now.

And thank you guys for all your support, I can't wait to get on the road, that's what it's all about! ::bigsmile:

HAPPY TRAVELS AND ENJOY YOUR WEEKEND AND MANY MORE TO COME!:thumb::thumb::thumb:

Upvote 0

Wildge

Free Member
Jul 24, 2013
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
Coach built.
Exp
since 2000
And since it looks like we will have all the paperwork sorted out tomorrow, I expect a nice weekend in the motorhome in Holland before coming back Sunday, and have changed the MOT to Monday afternoon now.

Sadly will miss the end of your adventure as we are off tomorrow, but
sincerely hope this is just the start of some wonderful trips for you and your
family (I can see the Labradoodle considers itself part of same) :thumb:

Hope to catch up along our travels and meet such a brave and
ambitious adventurer.......:Cool:

Good Luck :beerchug:

Upvote 0
OP
OP
pinkie

pinkie

Free Member
Apr 23, 2013
Angus
Funster No
MH
Hymer B555 Auto
Exp
Hi all,

Just a quick update, we are at Tilburg, been here a while, but some stupid blonde forgot to write down the seller's number so only had on internet, am swimming with coffee and juice as been to 2 cafe's who claimed they had wifi and didn't work, 3rd place success!

Finally phoned him and he's coming to meet us!

(Well it couldn't all go so smoothly, could it? It has been very easy so far!!!) :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Upvote 0

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
It's like a reality forum, following this..

I now know what it must have been like for all those who followed the Morocco 2013 thread and said they awaited the updates and to get their daily fix... ::bigsmile:

Upvote 0

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner Harmony TI 736 G
Exp
Since 1987
I've bitten my nails almost down to the quick waiting to see if you have bought it yet……

nervous.gif

Allan

Upvote 0

Mel

Free Member
Oct 6, 2012
De Haan Belgium
Funster No
MH
Caravan LMC
Exp
Since 2010 Caravan since 1995
Just to let you know
She has arrived in Tilburg station
And was meeting the seller at 12:30 cet

She told me she had contacted him and he w2s on his way that was at 12.20 cet

No further updates

Mel

Upvote 0
OP
OP
pinkie

pinkie

Free Member
Apr 23, 2013
Angus
Funster No
MH
Hymer B555 Auto
Exp
Urgent hymer advice needed please

Hi guys i'm okay all fine.

Some questions:

1. How do we get the heating working - idiots guide please cos neither of us know.

2. Some damp to bottom of the driver side door, about 10cm in total - is this sortable?

3. Seems to have had a paint spray of exhaust section, don't know why, but it looks okay.

4. Drivewise, feels a little jumpy when I accelerate but more smooth when speed has increased, is this normal or potential problem for those mechanically minded.

5. Can't see any other damp inside.

6. Raining here and no signs of any problems although there are pieces fixed to the roof, no signs of any damp on inside carpet of roof.

Heater is the main concern. But we love it anyway.

Quick help needed as we need to get to the office to register etc.

Thanks guys!

Upvote 0

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
A door is nothing, you can get at a door to fix it and the damage does not spread.

Heating, normally it's turn on the gas bottle, hope it's got gas in and find a panel marked TRUMA. Usually 2 dials, one is temperature, the other is on/off/water heat. But that is guesswork in case Dave is not on line.

Upvote 0

alfandM

Free Member
Mar 12, 2012
sweden
Funster No
MH
A
Exp
Pinkie if your set and purchasing the Hymar, go to a garage and buy a diesel injection and system clean up,i buy Wynn's but there's other's,put the whole bottle in to a full tank of diesel,before you leave Holland and by the time you arrive home you will notice the difference, i can Recommend this, brill for old and even new diesels, safe travels Alf.

Upvote 0

lesleyjean

Free Member
Jun 21, 2008
Funster No
MH
A class
Started reading this thread last night as I am on holiday at the moment:Smile:

Well done Pinkie::bigsmile:

A very courageous women indeed.

Now the FUN begins.:Smile:

Upvote 0
OP
OP
pinkie

pinkie

Free Member
Apr 23, 2013
Angus
Funster No
MH
Hymer B555 Auto
Exp
Dear All,

Well I've managed the first drive, rather daunting when I'm only used to a little micra:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

In the pouring rain!!!!

Drove as far as Rotterdam City Centre, and checked into a rather nice hotel to enjoy a good dinner and nice sleep/breakfast before setting off again tomorrow.

It's all been great, the registration paperwork took 15 mins, so no hold up there and the drive was very comfortable actually.

Highly recommend it! Wish it wasn't raining though...........but can't have it all!

Upvote 0

Lindylooj

Free Member
Jun 24, 2011
Weymouth, Dorset
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Newbie from Oct 2011
Whoop Whoop, go Pinkie, go Pinkie.
Congratulations on the purchase, you are going to have many adventures no doubt about that. :thumb:

Dear All,

Well I've managed the first drive, rather daunting when I'm only used to a little micra:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

In the pouring rain!!!!

Drove as far as Rotterdam City Centre, and checked into a rather nice hotel to enjoy a good dinner and nice sleep/breakfast before setting off again tomorrow.

It's all been great, the registration paperwork took 15 mins, so no hold up there and the drive was very comfortable actually.

Highly recommend it! Wish it wasn't raining though...........but can't have it all!

Upvote 0

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Even though I am away at a hen party still following your thread, really pleased for you, enjoy your night in the Hotel, than safe journey back, think every one following this thread must be so proud of your effort and outcome.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Oct 1, 2007
Kirby cross further from londin
Funster No
MH
Between Motor homes
Exp
since 08
Dear All,

In the pouring rain!!!!

Hope you get as much pleasure from your hymer

As we have following your thread:thumb:
:thanks::thanks::thanks::thanks:
:restmycase:
:thanks::thanks::thanks:
:yeah:

Upvote 0
Oct 3, 2012
Hastings
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since Oct 2012
Dear All,

In the pouring rain!!!!

I'm a little bit disappointed Pinkie, Hotel!! :roflmto:you are a motorhomer now no more hotels for you:thumb:

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back