Urgent help please - anyone speak dutch!!! (1 Viewer)

pinkie

Free Member
Apr 23, 2013
Angus
Funster No
MH
Hymer B555 Auto
Exp
Hi,

Mental last minute request please!!!

Someone has just accepted my offer of 9000 euros for this - but I can't get through on the number he has listed on his ad. He say's he will accept my offer to collect but I need to pay cash only.

Broken Link Removed

The number listed keeps coming up with "not recognised" even though I am dialling 003113..........then the number......

As I am trying to communicate via google translate it's a bit difficult.

I will need to take my daughter, the dog, and get the train down to Harwich and then across to Holland, if we leave tomorrow morning with overnight sailing we could be there Thursday to collect.

Anyone got any thoughts, as I don't want to go through all that if it's a scam, but to me, it looks a decent price and worth the effort involved.

Thanks you guys! ::bigsmile:

(Okay he's sent me the correct number now, but I still need a dutch speaker to phone him for me please?)

Last edited:
OP
OP
pinkie

pinkie

Free Member
Apr 23, 2013
Angus
Funster No
MH
Hymer B555 Auto
Exp
photo's not working

some people mentioned the link wasn't working so for anyone who would like to comment.................here it is again.............

Broken Link Removed

And this is us........................................

Broken Link Removed

Broken Link Removed

Broken Link Removed :thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
some people mentioned the link wasn't working so for anyone who would like to comment.................here it is again.....

And in English

Motorhome HYMER 555 bj '92 mercedes 310 chassis diesel automatic
146 000 DKM
Air suspension fitted in 2007
Apk 14-07-2014

Truma heater, thermostat
Dish fixed roof
Clean and dirty water tank
Truma boiler
airco
cruise control
Start breaker
bicycle carrier
penthouse
2 burner stove with suction
Refrigerator just freezer
Back row Camera
Two suns panels
4 berths hefbed + sitting area
Toilet cabin with sink and cabinets
Load capacity 680kg
Very clean inside
All books and manuals
present

Upvote 0

Mel

Free Member
Oct 6, 2012
De Haan Belgium
Funster No
MH
Caravan LMC
Exp
Since 2010 Caravan since 1995
Penthouse should read
Fiamma type wind out sun canopy

2 burner stove with extractor fan

Fridge + freezer

Reversing camera

Hefbed should read dropdown bed.

APK is Netherlands test

Mel

Upvote 0

stcyr

Free Member
Apr 11, 2011
Normandie
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
On & off, since 1966 - fulltime since 2005
Is there a Catch 22 here ? Will it pass a UK MOT with LHD headlights ?

Our lhd Dethleffs has passed all mot's since 2008 with the original headlights fitted - with black electrical tape in the appropriate places. :thumb:

Upvote 0

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
I can see why you are so determined to get it, well done a great choice of van, love the photos of the three of you as well but which one in the daughter?????? You both look so young, hee hee.:thumb:

Upvote 0
Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
Our lhd Dethleffs has passed all mot's since 2008 with the original headlights fitted - with black electrical tape in the appropriate places. :thumb:
t
my LHD van has deflectors fitted and has had no problems with MOT from 2005 and had five mot's at five different MOT centres from wat i can sea on past MOT certs :thumb:

Upvote 0

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Upvote 0
OP
OP
pinkie

pinkie

Free Member
Apr 23, 2013
Angus
Funster No
MH
Hymer B555 Auto
Exp
perhaps I shall surprise the naysayers..............and not be so blonde after all!!!! :ROFLMAO:

Upvote 0

Mousy

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 13, 2013
Sa15 2DG
Funster No
MH
Hymer S840 Merc auto
Exp
Since 2013
Hi pinkie, out of interest do you homeschool your daughter? I was just wondering how you'd manage morocco in jan feb re school?
As a mum of 4 whose youngest is doing A ' Levels I can't wait for the freedom of non school holiday travel!

Good luck, take care.

Upvote 0

stcyr

Free Member
Apr 11, 2011
Normandie
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
On & off, since 1966 - fulltime since 2005
Your Hymer is identical layoutwise to our Dethleffs (Dethleffs is part of Hymer) We lived in ours fulltime for over 2 years and couldn't fault it. The same layout has been used in several makes of van until quite recently so can't be bad. Many complain that some parts are hard to source these days - true in the UK (you usually get the motortrade 'sharp-intake-of-breath') but Mercedes will supply any part for any vehicle they've produced so no probs mechanically. Anything else hard to get in UK can be found easily on Ebay.de, Ebay.fr or Ebay.pl - and a hell of a lot cheaper. (Example: pair of headlights in UK £329 - 60 euros here + roll of tape :Smile:)

:thumb:

Upvote 0
OP
OP
pinkie

pinkie

Free Member
Apr 23, 2013
Angus
Funster No
MH
Hymer B555 Auto
Exp
Well as incomers to our Tayside village in Scotland, we moved up here when Poppy was 5, my lovely father was sadly diagnosed with a massive brain tumour 2 months later and died 7 months after that. In the meantime Poppy (who had started school in England some months before) had to go back to Nursery, but was put in a younger group. We then moved to the next village, and she had to start "proper" school again. Okay for a few years, (and we live in a "sought after" area) but there were problems. I became carer for my much older mother, and Poppy experienced bullying. I took her out of school after 18 months of this, when I finally realised how bad it had got, school didn't do anything.........off the cuff homeschooled for a year, but tried the other school in the village a year later, different clique of girls that time, after 12 months I had no option, either a desperately unhappy child or pull her out before her confidence was totally shattered.

So we've been almost "unschooling" since then, but she's intelligent, fairly well mannered and lovely to be around. Reads all the time and has a thirst for knowledge and much happier. (Even resumed online maths!)

So we can travel. Although she has made the decision recently that she wants to go to high school, but not to the nearest one to us, so I will apply to the next one........fingers crossed, but that will start in August next year, so we are in the happy situation that we can have one last burst of freedom together until we both have to knuckle down to school regime.

It's a very sensitive topic, homeschooling, my brother is a headteacher, my aunt was a headteacher, my cousin is a teacher, but personally I loathed school so understand, when it doesn't work for you, it's not fine, and it doesn't fit for everyone, but of course depends on the person and also what they want to do with life. I think next year will be different so am going to enjoy the last of my daughter until I am travelling round with just the dog in a few years!

:thumb:

Upvote 0

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
I took her out of school after 18 months of this, when I finally realised how bad it had got

How strange or unfortunate. My 3 grandchildren on the other side of Scotland are having a wonderful experience in school. I very pleased at how well the Scottish school system works.

Upvote 0

Mousy

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 13, 2013
Sa15 2DG
Funster No
MH
Hymer S840 Merc auto
Exp
Since 2013
Young girls can be so cruel to each other can't they? we had to move our daughter to the next village school when she was 9 because of awful bullying. reading your post brought it all back.
She's now 24, and is an officer in the Royal Navy.
I wish you both well x

Upvote 0

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Our Ringleader Jim, has home schooled their children and I am sure Katie still is, lovely children , so you are in very good company.:Smile:

Upvote 0
OP
OP
pinkie

pinkie

Free Member
Apr 23, 2013
Angus
Funster No
MH
Hymer B555 Auto
Exp
How strange or unfortunate. My 3 grandchildren on the other side of Scotland are having a wonderful experience in school. I very pleased at how well the Scottish school system works.

Blimey hilldweller!!!

What a surprise, I would not have expected anything else from you! :ROFLMAO:

It must be so jolly nice for you to have everything in your life working so well. Unfortunately, for Poppy particularly.....................can you imagine being dragged to brain cancer appointments all the time at the age of 5 - for a year - horrendous!

I bet that's one thing your granddaughter's didn't get!

:restmycase:

Upvote 0

Onderweg

Funster
Jul 17, 2008
Vlissingen, Holland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
As of April 2008
Hi Pinkie

Looks like you have made the decision so we wish you good luck and at least a nice weekend in the Netherlands

I am sorry to say both Ineke and I have got two left hands so cannot offer any technical help at all :cry:

The only role we can fulfill for you is being a translator if you are having problems communicating, cant travel to Tilburg but i will give you my cellphone number in a PM.

What i can tell you the APK keuring mentioned in the advert is the Dutch version of MOT.
You should amongst others receive a form with the title: "Keuringsrapport" at the left side of the form you will find:
Kenteken (licenceplate)
Identificatienummer (identification number of the vehicle, check thoroughly to make sure the number on the form is the same as on the vehicle, mostly under the hood)
Kilometerstand (mileage expressed in KM)
Resultaat keuring (APK/MOT test result
Goedgekeurd (approved)​
Goedgekeurd na reparatie (approved after repair, repairs must be mentioned)​
Afgekeurd (disapproved):Eeek:

At the right side of the form you will find the most important bit:
Geldigheidsduur keuringsbewijs (inspection certificate validity)
Keuringsbewijs is geldig tot (Inspection certificate is valid until) the date mentioned is the date the APK/MOT expires

We wish you all the best

Paul and Ineke

Upvote 0
OP
OP
pinkie

pinkie

Free Member
Apr 23, 2013
Angus
Funster No
MH
Hymer B555 Auto
Exp
Hi Pinkie

Looks like you have made the decision so we wish you good luck and at least a nice weekend in the Netherlands

I am sorry to say both Ineke and I have got two left hands so cannot offer any technical help at all :cry:

The only role we can fulfill for you is being a translator if you are having problems communicating, cant travel to Tilburg but i will give you my cellphone number in a PM.

What i can tell you the APK keuring mentioned in the advert is the Dutch version of MOT.
You should amongst others receive a form with the title: "Keuringsrapport" at the left side of the form you will find:
Kenteken (licenceplate)
Identificatienummer (identification number of the vehicle, check thoroughly to make sure the number on the form is the same as on the vehicle, mostly under the hood)
Kilometerstand (mileage expressed in KM)
Resultaat keuring (APK/MOT test result
Goedgekeurd (approved)
Goedgekeurd na reparatie (approved after repair, repairs must be mentioned)
Afgekeurd (disapproved):Eeek:
At the right side of the form you will find the most important bit:
Geldigheidsduur keuringsbewijs (inspection certificate validity)
Keuringsbewijs is geldig tot (Inspection certificate is valid until) the date mentioned is the date the APK/MOT expires

We wish you all the best

Paul and Ineke

Thanks Paul, that's really helpful, his ad states he has one til summer next year, so I will double check the details, and thanks again for the phone number! :thumb:

Upvote 0

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
.can you imagine being dragged to brain cancer appointments all the time at the age of 5 - for a year - horrendous!

I bet that's one thing your granddaughter's didn't get!

:restmycase:

Mercifully no.

So are you saying your father died of a massive brain tumour and your daughter has had it too ?

You need a little more luck in your life. Let's hope it's payback time now.

Upvote 0

sdc77

Free Member
Jan 28, 2013
Weardale, Co Durham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2011
In a feeble attempt to get back on topic....
Pinkie you're a star. Congrats on your new motorhome and we'll done for having the determination to publicly go for it.
I wouldn't have had that determination.
Well done and have some great times in it ::bigsmile:

Upvote 0

Melchior

Free Member
Jun 26, 2013
Amstelveen, Netherlands
Funster No
MH
Alcove
Exp
Since August 2012
I've only just seen this and was down by Tilburg the other day for work - had I known about this I could have swung by and had a look at the Hymer.

Wishing you the best of luck with the trip and the purchase, I assume you are picking it up this weekend? I would offer to go over it with you but Miss M and I are away (not in our MH, boo!) this weekend.

Almost 10 years ago (I cannot believe it is that long) I bought a cheap broken, non-running car, unseen, from a pretty much unknown user on a forum I was a member of. It was around 3 hours away. Went in dad's car with an a-frame and bought it. Fixed it up, it was fantastic and I kept it until I left England in 2008. So glad I did it.

Fortune favours the brave, you make your own luck ::bigsmile:

Upvote 0
OP
OP
pinkie

pinkie

Free Member
Apr 23, 2013
Angus
Funster No
MH
Hymer B555 Auto
Exp
Mercifully no.

So are you saying your father died of a massive brain tumour and your daughter has had it too ?

I know this is off topic, but just to quickly set the record straight, no my daughter wasn't ill, but as I was the only driver, she had to accompany us through the grief and sadness of diagnosis, the despair of not being able to do anything, and witness the eventual death of my beloved dad and the man she was closest too. Way too young to spend that amount of time at hospitals and the hospice.

Anyway, it's by the by, back to the situation in hand...................

We are now on our journey, and the wonderful Mel has helped me out with translating again and it seems the seller has taken half a day off work tomorrow, so I can get the de-registration done before the weekend. Hoorah!!!!

I have sorted out insurance, which was rather expensive, but a bit complicated in my case, so I accept that. (Actually, I was told by an expert who imports regularly, it's very difficult to get insurance based on a foreign number plate, and he was trying to sort it out for someone at the moment who couldn't get a policy to import.) However, a very good agent found someone to insure me from tomorrow, and if I want to cancel I lose about £40 admin charges which I can live with.

So all in all, it's been quite easy so far. ::bigsmile:

Upvote 0
Oct 1, 2007
Kirby cross further from londin
Funster No
MH
Between Motor homes
Exp
since 08
I know this is off topic, but just to quickly set the record straight, no my daughter wasn't ill, but as I was the only driver, she had to accompany us through the grief and sadness of diagnosis, the despair of not being able to do anything, and witness the eventual death of my beloved dad and the man she was closest too. Way too young to spend that amount of time at hospitals and the hospice.

Anyway, it's by the by, back to the situation in hand...................

We are now on our journey, and the wonderful Mel has helped me out with translating again and it seems the seller has taken half a day off work tomorrow, so I can get the de-registration done before the weekend. Hoorah!!!!

I have sorted out insurance, which was rather expensive, but a bit complicated in my case, so I accept that. (Actually, I was told by an expert who imports regularly, it's very difficult to get insurance based on a foreign number plate, and he was trying to sort it out for someone at the moment who couldn't get a policy to import.) However, a very good agent found someone to insure me from tomorrow, and if I want to cancel I lose about £40 admin charges which I can live with.

So all in all, it's been quite easy so far. ::bigsmile:

may i wish you the very best of luck

and i hope all turns out in your favour

:thumb::thumb::thumb:

Upvote 0

Bebe

Free Member
May 22, 2013
Spain/East Yorkshire, Uk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2001
When I first read your first few posts I thought please don't do this ..... I worried about you all the next morning. I wondered if you had thought this all through, a young daughter, dog and yourself with a large amount of funds to spend on an unseen motorhome travelling to somewhere unknown.

Your beloved father has certainly brought you up to have determination and courage. I do hope this motorhome brings you and your two little loved ones lots of happiness. :thumb:

Upvote 0
OP
OP
pinkie

pinkie

Free Member
Apr 23, 2013
Angus
Funster No
MH
Hymer B555 Auto
Exp
:Sad: Sorry Bebe, certainly didn't want anyone worrying about me, I'm a big girl!!! (.........as for my dad, he still would have said "stay at home and watch tv it's cheaper!)

I have lots of phone numbers of people who have kindly offered to help translate and Billthedrill even offered to come over if I ran into problems.

It seems a lot has happened since I first started this thread, in the space of a day everything is well organised to drive back, with UNTOLD amounts of thanks to the lovely Meor for translating for me, and the offers of help from Snowbird/Billthedrill and Onderweg.

The seller emailed a little while ago and said he can get the registration/plates and temporary insurance cover for me for 150 euros, although I don't need the insurance.

And since it looks like we will have all the paperwork sorted out tomorrow, I expect a nice weekend in the motorhome in Holland before coming back Sunday, and have changed the MOT to Monday afternoon now.

And thank you guys for all your support, I can't wait to get on the road, that's what it's all about! ::bigsmile:

Upvote 0

Rob e Lee

Free Member
Apr 16, 2012
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2011
Mercifully no.

You're getting better Hilldweller! - do I get the feeling you are actually giving out a positive response for a change?

Rob

Last edited:
Upvote 0

wivvy's dad

Free Member
Jun 22, 2010
Funster No
MH
Transit LWB Hi-Top PVC
Exp
On and Off since '98
There are three sorts of HAPPENING people in the world.....

Those who make things HAPPEN

Those who watch things HAPPEN

And those who wonder ......... what the f*ck HAPPENED..!!

I know which applies to Pinkie.......:winky:

Good for you Pinkie, you have taught us all a great deal, and for that - I at least - thank you.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back