Dartagnan

Free Member
Mar 27, 2013
Bangor NI
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
I have made two previous attempts to enter the motorhome world and to do some serious travelling and a little exploration.
2013 I had a major stroke so that put paid to the idea on that occasion.
2016/17I was diagnosed with cancer. Had major surgery to remove the tumour so that put things on hold.
As I was beginning to recover quite well I decided to try again. I even got as far as putting a deposit on a magnificent motorhome. Then it happened again! I became unwell and was admitted to hospital for a third time. On this occasion it was pulmonary edeema, in other words a blood clot in each lung.
I'm not normally one who puts much belief in the likes of fate etc but on this occasion I have come to the conclusion that buying a motorhome is likely to be seriously detrimental to my health.
With that in mind I am going to throw the towel in and just live my motorhome life vicariously through motorhome fun. It seems a lot safer this way
So everyone, get travelling and posting so I can get my daily fix lol

Kingham

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 20, 2016
Kirkcudbright, D&G
Funster No
MH
AS Kingham 2017
Exp
Since 2009
Sorry to hear that, when everything was looking positive for your purchase too :(

You never know, once you recover this time, you might just feel like dipping your toe back in, but whatever you decide, I hope it works for you.

Best wishes !

Feb 21, 2016
Uk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2017
Sorry to hear that.
Maybe you could rent one now and again?

John Stanton

Free Member
Jul 11, 2017
Chipping Campden
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 (Heap of crap)
Exp
10 years
Really sorry to hear that, I remember just how enthusiastic you were in your earlier posts. I hope things improve for you in which case maybe the dream isn't out of your reach just yet. Best wishes to you.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 22, 2011
Newcastle under Lyme
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
That's a tough time you had and will take some getting over, but I hope you can and in time you may feel more like taking the steps to fulfil your dreams.
Stick with it and stay strong (y)

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
That's a shame :(..... But there's always hiring or depending on your circumstances you maybe could find a travel buddy who has a van and you could share travels

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Bugger

But look at it this way if you are superstitious thats you're three strikes and nothing else is going to happen (y)

Years of trouble free motoring ahead :)

Or with his luck his brakes would fail at the railway barrier just as the 9:37 Virgin Express arrived.

He's not the right sort though. A stroke, a tumour and a bit of a blood clot, most FUNsters get through that most mornings after a serious FUN night.

Keep loading that musket Datagnon, but watch where you point it.

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
@Dartagnan couldn't put a like on that, but what a positive attitude after more than your share has been thrown at you, let's hope things come in 3 and you've done with bad health and things start improving.
Keep posting and take your holidays any way you can.
Good Luck.

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
PLEASE don't just read .... post, post, post ..if only in the Morbibg Funster thread ...

Also, if ever there is a Funster meet near where you live, then put on the post you are popping in to visit. I know I would say knock on my door for a cuppa ... and I am sure many other of the regulars would too. .....oh and here's a hug of strength to keep you going .... :)

makems

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2011
Ingleby Barwick,,Teesside
Funster No
MH
Sadly had to give up
Exp
2010-2017
I am absolutely gutted for you Martin.
I had a similar sequence of events many years ago. Every time I bought a black car something bad happened financially it happened three times.. I havent bought a black car since and havent been made redundant or worked for a company that went bust since!

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
I have made two previous attempts to enter the motorhome world and to do some serious travelling and a little exploration.
2013 I had a major stroke so that put paid to the idea on that occasion.
2016/17I was diagnosed with cancer. Had major surgery to remove the tumour so that put things on hold.
As I was beginning to recover quite well I decided to try again. I even got as far as putting a deposit on a magnificent motorhome. Then it happened again! I became unwell and was admitted to hospital for a third time. On this occasion it was pulmonary edeema, in other words a blood clot in each lung.
I'm not normally one who puts much belief in the likes of fate etc but on this occasion I have come to the conclusion that buying a motorhome is likely to be seriously detrimental to my health.
With that in mind I am going to throw the towel in and just live my motorhome life vicariously through motorhome fun. It seems a lot safer this way
So everyone, get travelling and posting so I can get my daily fix lol
Well I'm pleased to see its not affected your spence of humour :D2

Good luck with your health problems. (y)

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
Blooming heck! You have been through the mill.

I wish you a long and healthy future and you never know, one day you may stubble on a little motorhome with your name on it. It doesn't have to be big and grand, just something to enjoy a bit of time away in.

Aug 26, 2008
B&NES
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2007
Sorry to see you are giving up, and hope you overcome those health misfortunes.

Meanwhile carry on posting on Fun. Please!

Oct 30, 2010
Suffolk or France or ........
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic
Exp
Since 2008
Not a happy story to read so the best of luck for the future.
Keep cheerful, get fit again and who knows, in six months time you might be raring to go again.

Richard.

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
What terrible luck,,glad your still holding it together,,Keep reading and keep posting and good luck for the future,,,BUSBY,,

Nov 3, 2013
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auto Wildax
Exp
C/van since '73 .M/h.2009
Hi.
I am a great believer in chucking ideas into a pot (Silly ones as well).But. How about "House sitting?" While m/ho's are away,you get to see the different parts of the country.......
Tea Bag

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back