Blue Knight

Free Member
Aug 7, 2017
Durham
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
It could simply be because they are a massive producer of PVCs that are in high demand and obviously there has to be a limit somewhere on productivity.

I totally agree with you Mel but when the delay starts changing from a couple of weeks to 3 or 5 months-plus then that becomes a serious concern for any purchaser.

The Revolution which I almost bought the other day is a well specc'd vehicle and someone has clearly put some thought and money into the order process - I may be barking up the wrong tree but I wonder if someone got fed up of waiting for the constant delay in its delivery. The dealer said it's due imminently (it was ordered a long time ago) and yet they still don't have a UK landing date.

I wonder if Globecar is having the same problem as IH with its Fiat supply chain.

Last edited:

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
I totally agree with you Mel but when the delay starts changing rom a couple of weeks to 3 or 5 months-plus then that becomes a serious concern for any purchaser
One reason why we prefer to buy ones that are 'in stock' rather than order a new one ... we've had 6 new campers/mhs, of those 4 were in stock.
  • Swift Suntor 590RS - new in stock
  • Rapido 709F - ordered new and got it a month early as a customer decided he wanted the larger engine so he went to the back of the queue and we got his instead
  • Rimor Sailer 645TC - new in stock
  • Chausson Flash 04 - ordered new at NEC in Feb, delivered April
  • Globecar Familyscout L - new in stock
  • Globecar Campscout - new in stock
The Revolution which I almost bought the other day is well a specc'd vehicle and someone has clearly put some thought and money into the order process - I may be barking up the wrong tree but I wonder if someone got fed up of waiting for the constant delay in its delivery. The dealer said it's due imminently (it was ordered a long time ago) and yet they still don't have a UK landing date.
Ah, the famous 'due imminently' comment ... I suppose it depends on how you interpret imminently ... a bit like Irish miles/km! :D I must admit that I wouldn't be happy having the date moved again and again, or not given one at all.

I wonder if Globecar is having the same problem as IH with its Fiat supply chain.
A possibility especially with more and more PVCs being made so more work by Fiat to produce the 'full' base vehicle rather than just a chassis cab.

Feb 18, 2018
South Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2018
I totally agree with you Mel but when the delay starts changing from a couple of weeks to 3 or 5 months-plus then that becomes a serious concern for any purchaser.

The Revolution which I almost bought the other day is a well specc'd vehicle and someone has clearly put some thought and money into the order process - I may be barking up the wrong tree but I wonder if someone got fed up of waiting for the constant delay in its delivery. The dealer said it's due imminently (it was ordered a long time ago) and yet they still don't have a UK landing date.

Our dealer told us the initial delay was due to the problem with obtaining the 630 chassis from Fiat. If you look on other threads IH are having this problem too.

Two weeks ago we were told our Campscout was imminent. We know it was built end September but Globecar is not providing any more detail as to uk landing date.

To be honest if I could find a Westfalia 640E in stock I would cancel my order and take it, despite the extra cost, but it appears that only the 641Es have been ordered into the uk.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Blue Knight

Blue Knight

Free Member
Aug 7, 2017
Durham
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
To be honest if I could find a Westfalia 640E in stock I would cancel my order and take it, despite the extra cost, but it appears that only the 641Es have been ordered into the uk.

I certainly would not onsider ordering a Globecar after reading the delivery problems in this thread - the whole system seems broken.

I'm just sad that a Westfalia 640E is not available for you as the Globecar converter/dealer does not deserve your business!!

Good luck(y)

Andrew

Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
Our dealer told us the initial delay was due to the problem with obtaining the 630 chassis from Fiat. If you look on other threads IH are having this problem too.

Two weeks ago we were told our Campscout was imminent. We know it was built end September but Globecar is not providing any more detail as to uk landing date.

Yes and the Westfalia in my opinion is a class above Globecar, which is reflected in the increased price.

OP
OP
Blue Knight

Blue Knight

Free Member
Aug 7, 2017
Durham
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
Yes and the Westfalia in my opinion is a class above Globecar, which is reflected in the increased price.

I've just taken a sneaky peek at the Harbour Creek web page Paul and the 641E is truly fantastic. It's not cheap though.

Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
I've just taken a sneaky peek at the Harbour Creek web page Paul and the 641E is truly fantastic. It's not cheap though.

Yes agree Andrew, Globecars are lovely but the Westfalia is pure quality, they are a lot cheaper if you import a Westfalia though.

OP
OP
Blue Knight

Blue Knight

Free Member
Aug 7, 2017
Durham
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
Morning Team,

This is a general question to anyone with a Campscout/Bravo/Revolution.

I appreciate the fact that the quoted MIRO figures to the above three vans are slightly different but do you guys find that it's manageable to run the vans at 3.5T with full fuel + full freshwater.

My primary weight factors for consideration, excluding personal stuff, are:

Driver: 90kg
Passenger: 60kg
Dog: 50kg.
TV, solar, aerial, 2 hab batteries, 16" alloys: 80kg.

No awning.

I believe the MIRO includes a 75kg driver.

Has anyone got any real time weighbridge figures.

Thanks All,

Andrew

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Morning Team,

This is a general question to anyone with a Campscout/Bravo/Revolution.

I appreciate the fact that the quoted MIRO figures to the above three vans are slightly different but do you guys find that it's manageable to run the vans at 3.5T with full fuel + full freshwater.

My primary weight factors for consideration, excluding personal stuff, are:

Driver: 90kg
Passenger: 60kg
Dog: 50kg.
TV, solar, aerial, 2 hab batteries, 16" alloys: 80kg.

No awning.

I believe the MIRO includes a 75kg driver.

Has anyone got any real time weighbridge figures.

Thanks All,

Andrew
This was what I found with our Campscout ...

https://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/forum/threads/weighed-our-globecar-its-heavy-man.181405/

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Mel, was there ever a resolution as to why you could get to 4250kg as a paperwork exercise and the other poster couldn’t? Are you on alloys or steels?
Thanks Liz
No, the OP never found out why he'd been told that, we've got the original steel wheels but even with alloy, unless he'd changed them for a 'light weight carrying' set, he should still have been able to go to 4250kg minimum.

Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
No, the OP never found out why he'd been told that, we've got the original steel wheels but even with alloy, unless he'd changed them for a 'light weight carrying' set, he should still have been able to go to 4250kg minimum.

I have tried to contact John Ruffles although h never answered the email or the phone? Wondered if ours could be uprated anymore.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
I have tried to contact John Ruffles although h never answered the email or the phone? Wondered if ours could be uprated anymore.
You could try asking SVTech to get an answer as to what's possible/not then decide if you want to use John or not.

Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
You could try asking SVTech to get an answer as to what's possible/not then decide if you want to use John or not.

I have, just thought John maybe be able to uprate to more than SV can as he has on others.

OP
OP
Blue Knight

Blue Knight

Free Member
Aug 7, 2017
Durham
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp

When we spoke to the salesman the other day about the Resolution he said that his dealership could increase the registered weight to a maximum of 3,850kg. This must surely have something to do with the tyres or the alloys.

It seems that every Globecar gets registered at different weights. Very strange.

Neckender

Free Member
Oct 15, 2007
Neckend or North Wales.
Funster No
MH
VW T6.1Kombi day Van
Exp
Since 2004
When we spoke to the salesman the other day about the Resolution he said that his dealership could increase the registered weight to a maximum of 3,850kg. This must surely have something to do with the tyres or the alloys.

It seems that every Globecar gets registered at different weights. Very strange.

Salesmen do not know everything Andrew there’s quite a few on here with the maxi chassis who have gone above 4000kg.

John.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp

The Revolution is on the Maxi heavy chassis so my guess is that the salesman didn't know that and assumed it was on the light one as most PVCs are ... basically he should have checked his facts as he was wrong.

Sep 10, 2017
Funster No

The Revolution can be up to 4500kg, as already mentioned it is on the Maxi Chassis. SV Tech told us a lesser weight than this when I phoned them but I already knew it could go to 4500kg so I spoke to John Ruffles who was a lot cheaper and got him to do it. It was quite hard work dealing with him and if didn't know exactly what I could have had it raised to I would have gone through SV Tech. I would struggle to get up to 4500kg within each axle weight but I thought that I may as well go to the maximum allowable as soon as you go over 3500kg the same rules apply be it 3501kg or 4500kg.

OP
OP
Blue Knight

Blue Knight

Free Member
Aug 7, 2017
Durham
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
Thanks for the info guys, very much appreciated.

It probably will not come as a surprise to any of you but I've not had any form of response/call/email correspondence from either of the Globecar dealers who promised they would get in touch regarding prices and van availability.

With the recent ddition of the dog and the total hassle of finding a new van, Nicky and I are now talking about selling the Pilote privately with the intention of revisiting this whole motorhome-thing in 2020.

I can stick the money back in the bank and let it earn me 50-quid in interest.:D

Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
Thanks for the info guys, very much appreciated.

It probably will not come as a surprise to any of you but I've not had any form of response/call/email correspondence from either of the Globecar dealers who promised they would get in touch regarding prices and van availability.

With the recent ddition of the dog and the total hassle of finding a new van, Nicky and I are now talking about selling the Pilote privately with the intention of revisiting this whole motorhome-thing in 2020.

I can stick the money back in the bank and let it earn me 50-quid in interest.:D

That's what we did for 3 years Andrew, sold ours private and stuck the brass in the bank and then this year bought one in April

OP
OP
Blue Knight

Blue Knight

Free Member
Aug 7, 2017
Durham
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
That's what we did for 3 years Andrew, sold ours private and stuck the brass in the bank and then this year bought one in April

I've got a 4-man tent up the attic Paul - it just may come in handy :D

gerry mcg

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2016
Glasgow, Scotland
Funster No
MH
Globecar 600L Revn
Exp
since 2016
The 600L revolution comes on the 3500kg (non maxi) chassis and can be uprated to 3850kg if required.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
The 600L revolution comes on the 3500kg (non maxi) chassis and can be uprated to 3850kg if required.
The one that we were discussing was the Campscout version (6.36m), ie the longer one on the Maxi chassis, but certainly worth mentioning the light chassis is used for all the shorter ones (6.00m) as some may not be aware.

gerry mcg

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2016
Glasgow, Scotland
Funster No
MH
Globecar 600L Revn
Exp
since 2016
The one that we were discussing was the Campscout version (6.36m), ie the longer one on the Maxi chassis, but certainly worth mentioning the light chassis is used for all the shorter ones (6.00m) as some may not be aware.
I was aware of that , but as there are 2 "revolution" models (the 5.99m 600L and 6.36m Campscout) I thought I would make it ckear that not all "revolutions" were built on the Maxi chassis. ;)

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
I was aware of that , but as there are 2 "revolution" models (the 5.99m 600L and 6.36m Campscout) I thought I would make it ckear that not all "revolutions" were built on the Maxi chassis. ;)
... Pretty much what I said about you mentioning it then! :D

OP
OP
Blue Knight

Blue Knight

Free Member
Aug 7, 2017
Durham
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
Still no response from the dealers (not that I'm bothered any more). All of the Globecars must be now sold.:whistle:

OP
OP
Blue Knight

Blue Knight

Free Member
Aug 7, 2017
Durham
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
Well not according to Autotrader. Which dealers are you speaking to?

Sent an email on Saturday (9am) to the dealer down South with a list of items so that they could price up a particular Globecar which was still for sale. I phoned him 2 minutes later but he was busy with a customer so said he would action my request immedialty after.

No response recieved so on Sunday night I dispatch a further email so that it will be sitting in his inbox on Monday morning.

Still no response until this afternoon when I receive a note to my follow-up email saying that he's sorry for not getting back to me (really busy at work) and that the van is sold.

I send a reply mail saying "Poor show"!! but as you can imagine he is not answering my calls.

I have no bl••dy faith in dealers whatsoever.

Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
Sent an email on Saturday (9am) to the dealer down South with a list of items so that they could price up a particular Globecar which was still for sale. I phoned him 2 minutes later but he was busy with a customer so said he would action my request immedialty after.

No response recieved so on Sunday night I dispatch a further email so that it will be sitting in his inbox on Monday morning.

Still no response until this afternoon when I receive a note to my follow-up email saying that he's sorry for not getting back to me (really busy at work) and that the van is sold.

I send a reply mail saying "Poor show"!! but as you can imagine he is not answering my calls.

I have no bl••dy faith in dealers whatsoever.

That's the problem Andrew, dealers prefer to sell to people who don't know what they are on about, have no experience of motorhomes and who don't ask many questions, it is much easier to fob those sort of people off.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back