Time for a Globecar | Page 20 | MotorhomeFun | The Motorhome Support and Social Network

Time for a Globecar

OP
Blue Knight

Blue Knight

Funster
Aug 7, 2017
Durham
Funster No
MH
Ducato Maxi PVC
Exp
Sep 2016
There doesn't seem to be much space for two rear beds in a Campscout Revolution for 4-peeps but can the lower one be removed so that the top one then sits in its place instead?

Screenshot_20191103-222642_Samsung Internet.jpg

Reactions: f6c
Jun 30, 2011
Durham
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto A class
Exp
Since 2011
There doesn't seem to be much space for two rear beds in a Campscout Revolution for 4-peeps but can the lower one be removed so that the top one then sits in its place instead?

View attachment 343451

Good idea in theory but I could never sleep in either of those rear beds if they were both in situ.
Too claustrophobic, top one too high and I would have nightmares sleeping on the bottom with that above me.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 29, 2008
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
since 2008
Good idea in theory but I could never sleep in either of those rear beds if they were both in situ.
Too claustrophobic, top one too high and I would have nightmares sleeping on the bottom with that above me.
Horses for courses, I wouldn't feel comfortable with the low height in the standard PVCs but while I'm asleep I don't notice much. In fact we have slept with the top bunk right at the top so we have been pretty much between the cupboards.
As far as I know its the only PVC available that can sleep 4 adults on double beds.

Jul 28, 2016
Glasgow, Scotland
Funster No
MH
Globecar 600L Revolu
Exp
since 2016
we have the 600L revolution - but only with the upper bed -
For us it works great, as we can travel (and sleep with our bikes inside the van. the standard bed height is 720mm above floor level (common with most vans. but 29er MTB (even with a dropper post fully depressed with the front wheel off (or a road bike without front wheel but with saddle in correct position (is about 750-770mm high - so won't fit under a standard bed.
the ability to raise and lower the rear bed is super - we leave the rear bed made up and can lift it to the roof to load / travel in the van with the bikes under it.

OP
Blue Knight

Blue Knight

Funster
Aug 7, 2017
Durham
Funster No
MH
Ducato Maxi PVC
Exp
Sep 2016
The Campscout Revolution is now a no-go for us.

I asked for a PX price against a MY19 CS Revolution Elegance model with 450-miles on the clock and the cost-to-change was £14,250 against the forecourt price of just over £58,000.

We'll stick with what we've got for now.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Minxy Girl

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Cmpct i-138
Exp
Since 1996 we've had Elddis, Swift, Rapido, Rimor, Chausson MHs and Autocruise & Globecar PVCs
The Campscout Revolution is now a no-go for us.

I asked for a PX price against a MY19 CS Revolution Elegance model with 450-miles on the clock and the cost-to-change was £14,250 against the forecourt price of just over £58,000.

We'll stick with what we've got for now.
Shop around and/or sell it privately ... that's what we did when we changed to the Globecar Campscout, selling our Familyscout privately.

OP
Blue Knight

Blue Knight

Funster
Aug 7, 2017
Durham
Funster No
MH
Ducato Maxi PVC
Exp
Sep 2016
Shop around and/or sell it privately ... that's what we did when we changed to the Globecar Campscout, selling our Familyscout privately.
I don't think we have long left for this motorhome world of ours Mel so I will be looking around for houses to buy in Cyprus or Spain instead. :D

I can use the PVC for moving our gear instead of renting a van from Enterprise, albeit Enterprise do some bl○○dy fantastic daily rates, lol.

Rhino Installs
Friendly professional service from qualified technicians
West Country Motorhomes
Johns Cross
Safeguard Motorhome Insurance