Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Digital Vernier Caliper Electronic LCD Ruler Gauge 6" /150mm

made of carbon fibre light and strong ideal for model railway work
Are you gonna let us see your choo-choo then? :giggle:

Apr 12, 2012
N/E Lincs
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Rienza
Exp
as above
Exchanged the gas bottle for the van on Friday. When I got home I found the receipt from last time in my wallet and it was 50p cheaper this time from the same place. I will go back next week to get a bottle for the workshop and see what they charge.

busbuddy

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2018
leicestershire
Funster No
MH
swift suntor 630G
Exp
since 1994
lovely.

looking for a 65 Stang myself, was going for a GT350CR but moneys a lot tighter than I planned due to covid.
Never really liked the model šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø, falcon for me......a decent 65 falcon sprint would not dent your pocket as much as the 350

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Peppadog

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 11, 2018
Nr Bath
Funster No
MH
Sunlight C600 pvc
Exp
Since the late 70's
I put a deposit down for a CMF transverse motorcycle trailer yesterday. I have a Triumph Bonneville, which I will probably change for a scooter.
A rack would have been my ideal, but the long overhang on my Hymer makes it very marginal for the back axle weight limit. Even with a 125 Scooter.
Itā€™ll be fun reversing such a short trailer. But I have two cameras, high up and next the the number plate to watch it.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
A table top freezer for my Mum so we can stuff if full of ready meals for her to scoff when she doesn't feel like cooking.

Jan 11, 2010
Chester
Funster No
MH
Auto-trail
Exp
Well that`s our 13th year & still loving it.
Well another one of these.

IMG_4543.JPG

Cherub

Free Member
Sep 24, 2020
Glen Prosen, Angus, Scotland
Funster No
MH
Compass Avantgarde
Exp
Since 2009
An original ELO Face the Music on vinyl, used but Ex condition, for sonā€™s Christmas. One of my favourite albums from the 70ā€™s. Used to have it blaring whilst ironing as a teenager. He appreciates great music so we know heā€™ll love this. We still play it regularly. Actually Iā€™ve just had deja vu. Have I told you this already? šŸ¤£

Mar 30, 2019
Cardiff, UK
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2016
A completely reconditioned gearbox. It'll be lovely to be able to change down into third without having to select second first then back up into third. VERY inconvenient on steep hills šŸ˜Æ

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Not bought but trying to find some sensibly priced V blocks for the mill ( and a new vice for it too.. today found out the one supplied with is is machined about 30 thou out of kilter )
Might try and find a way to turn it upside down, bolt it to the bed, and use the mill its self to true it up

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Not bought but trying to find some sensibly priced V blocks for the mill ( and a new vice for it too.. today found out the one supplied with is is machined about 30 thou out of kilter )
Might try and find a way to turn it upside down, bolt it to the bed, and use the mill its self to true it up
Eh up lad, thou has trouble at t'mill, thy 'as! :giggle:

Dec 25, 2015
Nelson New Zealand
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
Since 1998
An original ELO Face the Music on vinyl, used but Ex condition, for sonā€™s Christmas. One of my favourite albums from the 70ā€™s. Used to have it blaring whilst ironing as a teenager. He appreciates great music so we know heā€™ll love this. We still play it regularly. Actually Iā€™ve just had deja vu. Have I told you this already? šŸ¤£
That purchase could be the start of a very long and expensive slippery slope.
My husband collects old vinyl records and has almost 40,000 in his collection. Itā€™s predominantly music from the 1960s, singles and albums. He has a small collection of record players too, including a battery operated one that he can keep in the motorhome. All our trips away in the van result in more purchases, mainly from charity shops. The space under the seats is the perfect size for storing them, but records are surprisingly heavy so we have to distribute them evenly on each side!
Beware! Record collecting is addictive!

Nov 6, 2016
Bury St Edmunds
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Chieftain
Exp
Since 2015
My husband collects old vinyl records and has almost 40,000 in his collection. Itā€™s predominantly music from the 1960s, singles and albums. He has a small collection of record players too, including a battery operated one that he can keep in the motorhome. All our trips away in the van result in more purchases, mainly from charity shops. The space under the seats is the perfect size for storing them, but records are surprisingly heavy so we have to distribute them evenly on each side!
And i thought i was bad with 5k cd's, 1k vinyl albums and about 3k singles, just a beginner !! :LOL:

Cherub

Free Member
Sep 24, 2020
Glen Prosen, Angus, Scotland
Funster No
MH
Compass Avantgarde
Exp
Since 2009
We have quite a large collection, both LPā€™s and singles. We have a 1957 Seeburg jukebox that takes 100 7ā€ singles and a 1960ā€™s Seeburg which takes LPā€™s so we still collect. Unfortunately the LP one isnā€™t working at the moment but weā€™re trying to find someone to fix it. The one that plays the singles is used regularly and has records from the 60ā€™s right up to more recent times. About 20 yrs ago we had a burst pipe in the attic and it brought our ceiling down. The water got to our LP collection and ruined some of it. Insurance said theyā€™d replace them with cdā€™s but would have to take away the LPā€™s. We settled for a smaller payout and kept the damaged LPā€™s. Too many memories to let go of the originals. Some of the artwork was amazing. Hereā€™s a picture of the one that takes the singles.
image.jpg

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back