Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
since 1988 with breaks until 2009
View attachment 444589
This just arrived to complement the new remoska I purchased from lakeland the other week.
This was £30 on ebay but I found my copy at world of books for just over £5 delivered. Took 8 days to arrive mind.
Lots of the recipes in the book I have say to start off in a frying pan first, have never done that and everything has been fine. Sausages in the sausage bake could have done with a bit of colour but taste was ok If you are worried about heating it up with nothing in it put a bit of water in while it's heating, chuck it out and a quick dry before use. I don't bother.

Boris7

Banned
Jan 27, 2020
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Burford
Exp
1 year
lovely.

looking for a 65 Stang myself, was going for a GT350CR but moneys a lot tighter than I planned due to covid.

Dec 25, 2015
Nelson New Zealand
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
Since 1998
Ordered my first set of hearing aids, think all the rattles and squeaks in the MH finally made it a must have!!😁😄
My husband has been deaf for many years and also has tinnitus. He refused to have hearing aids, but it got to the stage where, as we were driving in the motorhome, I would have to put my hand up like a schoolgirl to indicate to him that I wanted to say something and he needed to lean-in to hear me above the noise of the motorhome.
After six months of doing this during a motorhome tour of the UK, I persuaded him to go to an audiologist. He is a new man!
A lot of people seem to struggle with hearing aids but the audiologists can adjust them so easily and they will make a big difference to your life ... and that of your wife/partner.

Jul 31, 2019
Devon
Funster No
MH
Swift Bessecar 584
Exp
Since April 2019
My husband has been deaf for many years and also has tinnitus. He refused to have hearing aids, but it got to the stage where, as we were driving in the motorhome, I would have to put my hand up like a schoolgirl to indicate to him that I wanted to say something and he needed to lean-in to hear me above the noise of the motorhome.
After six months of doing this during a motorhome tour of the UK, I persuaded him to go to an audiologist. He is a new man!
A lot of people seem to struggle with hearing aids but the audiologists can adjust them so easily and they will make a big difference to your life ... and that of your wife/partner.
I also have hearing aids and tinnitus. Whilst the hearing aids help a little with tinnitus they drive me mad especially now when taking a face mask off... aargh. And unfortunately difference for my wife is not as positive as you suggest. Currently not using hearing aids as one is not working but tinnitus is pretty bad. Cheers. Smudger55

Tombola

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 21, 2020
Merseyside
Funster No
MH
Rapido 8094DF
Exp
Since 2004
2 new rear bumper corner panels for my 12 month old van after a bump (2 bumps) fitted at Spinneys in cheshire:devil:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
I wish SWMBO had been as tolerant as yourself. Over engine and road noise, she speaks as normal, not realising that although she has "elephant ears", I don't, and therefore needs to raise her voice, for my hearing to overcome all the background noise. :(
BTW, excellent hearing and the the ability to tune in to several different conversations at the same time.................is definitely a "WOMAN" thing........................without a shadow of doubt. ;)

Cheers,

Jock. :)

Last edited:
Feb 5, 2020
Crosby
Funster No
MH
Smileo 202
Exp
Was a Newbie but getting the hang of it now.
I also have hearing aids and tinnitus. Whilst the hearing aids help a little with tinnitus they drive me mad especially now when taking a face mask off... aargh. And unfortunately difference for my wife is not as positive as you suggest. Currently not using hearing aids as one is not working but tinnitus is pretty bad. Cheers. Smudger55
The audiologist suggested face masks that faster behind the back of head rather than the ears, that may help.

Coolcats

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 24, 2019
Funster No
MH
HymerCar Ayres Rock
On hearing Southdowns had a MoHo Stolen apart from the recent OBD 2 Lock from Garrison Locks I invested in one of these from Southdowns,

Screenshot 2020-12-02 at 11.58.44.png

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Apr 17, 2016
Peterborough, Cambridgeshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic E Line
Exp
Since March 2004
So I got my wife 4 of these View attachment 445827 today for her Christmas she should think her self lucky that I don’t mind spending money on her.
I hope you put them in a box before you wrap them otherwise she will guess(y) Better "tread" carefully just in case she loses her "grip" on then situation and "deflates" your ego.

Mar 3, 2014
Oxford
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
since 2013
New phone which came bundled with a cheap fitbit thing and bluetooth wireless ear pods...
a shooting stick for parking my butt when I go walking or play golf..

Mar 30, 2019
Cardiff, UK
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2016
Bargain priced three bottles of Aperol at £11.00 each and two bottles of Prosecco to make the order up to the £40 minimum. From Morrisons via Amazon with free next day delivery. Ready for next summer's garden party 🙂

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back