The Joys of Benidorm! (8 Viewers)

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
My post was not about you but people who say they aren't going based on a couple of photos.
Or who have watched Benidorm TV program which is about as accurate as Coro or Eastenders..Sorry to those who think the last two are documentaries. BUSBY😃😃

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Or who have watched Benidorm TV program which is about as accurate as Coro or Eastenders..Sorry to those who think the last two are documentaries. BUSBY😃😃
Yeah that was my point in my long-winded post, all I knew about benidorm, was off the Tele, and although there are parts of it that are similar, it is anything you want to make it.
It's not a great deal different than albufeiera, or lido de jesolo, or even Blackpool, and any other seaside place, just on a different scale.

Jan 19, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
since 2014
The lady at China Garden recognises everyone,,even if you have never been in there before 😆😆😇BUSBY.
No she's got that covered, she remembers what food you always order and suggests it before you have chance 😂

One day we were walking in town and a car was waiting to pull into electric gates, Ann said who's that waving, got a few steps closer and saw it was Yeu, Hello my flends 👋😁

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
No she's got that covered, she remembers what food you always order and suggests it before you have chance 😂

One day we were walking in town and a car was waiting to pull into electric gates, Ann said who's that waving, got a few steps closer and saw it was Yeu, Hello my flends 👋😁
The time we went, we went in a Thai restaurant up a small side street on the left as you are going up the main Street from the dove square, well I think we would have spent the whole week there if the serving girls had their way, we ordered our meal then they kept bringing plates of food out to try, we were about full when the proper meals came out, but we had a superb night in there and can't remember how much it was but couldn't have been dear as we went back another night.

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
Right we're going out now for a 3 course Chinese meal with a bottle of good semi dulce Emparado wine 👌
€6.95 each

And before you say it's swill, the restaurant is packed every night, so again as mentioned earlier... They're doing something right.
Bye for now 💋👋
We have used these Chinese places before in Beni and its great value for money and the food is well cooked.

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp

First time we went in we were greeted with how are you,lovely to see you both again,welcome back 😀🙂 Obviously she remembers regulars but she makes newcomers feel very welcome.Excellent at her job..Great restaurant ..BUSBY.

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
To all the naysayers

you really should experience it, you may even like parts of it

or just remain dead 🤣
I like Benidorm. I always detour in to eat in the old part when working.It is tourists I don't like.
(y)

Aug 20, 2007
Leyland
Funster No
MH
Frankia I7300 BD
Exp
since 1997 (many years tugger before then)
I felt exactly the same until I saw the Beatles in Benidorm, no backing CDs playing, it's all them. Live. And it sounds amazing I can't stop watching Ringo jigging about on his stool playing, he's got all the moves 😍

Another brilliant band is Chess playing queen.
Get yourselves off to the Jailrock bar....fabulous sounds, with all the house dancing!
Have fun you two, we're presently dodging the rain on the motorhomers rally at Whittingham.

Allen & Eileen

'

Jan 19, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
since 2014
I'd love to go to Benidorm as I've never been. my wife thinks I'm crackers for wanting to go.
Have a great trip all.
With those prices for what you get, it's a bargain compared to other places.
Although I would want a wider pitch if I went in the motorhome.
This is one of the bigger pitches down the bottom, it's quite empty down there and you can probably have as much room as you want. They're not strict about it like in the UK, park where you want, how you want, nobody cares 😍

Screenshot_20210924-130238_Gallery.jpg

Realist

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 4, 2018
Wales last time I checked.
Funster No
MH
Caravan: Buccaneer
Exp
Caravan before 2000 / Motorhome From 2018 to 22 / Now Caravan again.
I like Benidorm.

I don’t really go to the music places or indeed topless bars but I just like the vibe and the beach is lovely.
Topless bars?

Where are they going to pour the drinks then It will be all over the floor duh!

I’ll get my coat.

MichaelT

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 12, 2015
Colchester
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Esprit I7150 EB
Exp
Since 2016
We have overwintered on Beni before and loved it. We have booked Villasol this coming winter for over 90 days and looking forward to staying once again.
Phil how you going to get around the 90 day limit?

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
It did before tourists

we get pages of women seeking men, men seeking women, etc;etc; in the daily spanish paper every week.
It existed a a small fishing village,,much like most resort towns in UK.BUSBY.

Al n Val

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2019
West Yorkshire occasionally
Funster No
MH
Rapido i1090 Distinc
Exp
since 2018
I think that you need to re read my posts!

I have spent the last 30 years touring France, Spain, Portugal with the odd visit to other European countries and have visited most parts of those countries.

Regarding Spain in particular I have eaten, drank and joined in with the locals in more bars than you can shake a stick at so yes, I do think that I am entitled to voice my opinion on Benidorm or any of the other places that I have visited whether my my view is positive or negative it will be my opinion based on experience.

I see that you needed to edit your post presumably because of personal comments aimed at me, does it bother you so much that other people may have a different opinion to yourself.
I edited my post because I was asked to and certainly not because I though I needed to.

You have brought up your travel experience, not sure why tbh apart from to tell us all where you have travelled to, ok then here's mine

I have spent the last 50 years travelling, regarding Spain I too have eaten, drank and joined in with locals in far too many bars, shaking a stick or not ;)

I can say the same for Portugal, France, Holland, Germany, Italy, Bulgaria, Turkey, Greece and the islands, Canaries and Balearics.

Then further afield I can include, the length and breath of Florida down to Key West, Mexico, Dominica, Jamaica, Dubai, Thailand and probably some i've missed and never once thought that I should tell people my opinions good or bad, not that their has been many bad ones, my opinions are mine.

Enjoy your travels wherever you go and i'll buy you a pint if you introduce yourself(y)

Jan 19, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
since 2014
Fish and chips specials at many of the British restaurants today, usually about €4.50 for a small one. Believe me you don't ask for a big one unless you're a professional eater, think we'll zip into town on the scooter. Not bothered about a drink after last night 😏🛵

Swifter

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2020
Herefordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2019
The price of the food sounds really good . I can imagine we would spend a fortune and probably have 3 meals a day out 👍🏻😀

Jan 19, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
since 2014
I had a decent curry last time I was there too - complete with draught Cobra (y)
I love curries but have struggled to find a consistent good one. Ann's not so bothered and will just have a starter, so I used to get the 3 item special takeaway for about €5. Eastern spices used to be good but went down hill after new management, had a couple of nice ones from Kebabish but then Ann got some chicken pakora that must have been 2 days old 🤢. For the last year we've been on Kohinoor but the last 2 starters Ann's had she said were salty (I liked them though) one of the items can be chips so she might have them next time.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back