Screenshot_20210923-184319_Gallery.jpg

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
Yet 3 good reasons to go, the Rock n Roll bar is a very good night if thatā€™s your thing and itā€™s ours šŸ˜‰

Each to their own but we love Benidorm and weā€™ll spend the winter out their starting in just over 3 weeks, canā€™t wait tbh

Thanks for the photos John Barrett & Richard n Ann šŸ‘
Must be doing something right in Benidorm as its one if the most popular resorts in Europe.BUSBY.

Jan 19, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
since 2014
Personally I love live music but there is a difference from so called 'tribute' acts regurgitating stuff from decades ago, can't abide them.
I felt exactly the same until I saw the Beatles in Benidorm, no backing CDs playing, it's all them. Live. And it sounds amazing I can't stop watching Ringo jigging about on his stool playing, he's got all the moves šŸ˜

Another brilliant band is Chess playing queen.

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
We stayed in an apartment just off the road of your first picture.

As we walked up the road there was a huge sign that read ā€œ SEX SHOPā€ and our front door was just beyond it.

Not great when you have a 10 year old with you.

It was a dodgy sex shop too - no I didnā€™t go in.

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
I felt exactly the same until I saw the Beatles in Benidorm, no backing CDs playing, it's all them. Live. And it sounds amazing I can't stop watching Ringo jigging about on his stool playing, he's got all the moves šŸ˜

Another brilliant band is Chess playing queen.
Talented people working really hard to entertain.

We watched Bob Dylan a few years ago, and his voice was so abysmal we thought heā€™d had a stroke! :rofl:

Give me Beni tribute acts any day!

Victor Andrews as Elvis, and the energy of Pablo Bloom - whatā€™s not to love.

No point in trying to convert those that donā€™t like it/havenā€™t tried it, but know they wonā€™t like it - leave it for the fans, they are enough to fill the bars anyway!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging

gradyp

Free Member
Aug 18, 2011
Widnes
Funster No
MH
Elddis Supreme 155
Exp
Just got back after 4 weeks in Raco ,,, we love Benidorm , like said above there is something for everyone

We are back 30th December flying out staying in the Dynastic for 4 weeks all inclusive ,, can't wait

Jan 19, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
since 2014
God, that looks like hell! Now I know where I won't ever be going!
I think what puts a lot of people off is the state of 'live' music in British pubs/working men's clubs/holiday 'entertainment' etc. We've all seen the singer that can't sing, the absolute racket they try and belt out as if quantity replaces quality. I can't wait to get out of most of them. Don't get me wrong, some in Benidorm are dire šŸ˜ but out of the hundreds there are a handful that are truly awesome šŸ‘ŒšŸ˜‘

Deleted User
I think what puts a lot of people off is the state of 'live' music in British pubs/working men's clubs/holiday 'entertainment' etc. We've all seen the singer that can't sing, the absolute racket they try and belt out as if quantity replaces quality. I can't wait to get out of most of them. Don't get me wrong, some in Benidorm are dire šŸ˜ but out of the hundreds there are a handful that are truly awesome šŸ‘ŒšŸ˜‘

I have seen many covers bands over the years, some of them excellent.

What I do not like is the charade of dressing up and pretending to be the original acts

Jan 19, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
since 2014
I have seen many covers bands over the years, some of them excellent.

What I do not like is the charade of dressing up and pretending to be the original acts
Yes Chess always make a point of saying "we are not Queen, we are queen fans"
And they don't look anything like them šŸ‘

May 17, 2016
Aberdeenshire
Funster No
MH
B524
Exp
2nd base
It's the bi-annual Benidorm love it or hate it thread. Always good for a bit of heated discussion :giggle:

I sail on the 28th December. Got a week booked in Beni over new year. I just find the place so chilled out and relaxing at that time of year.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back