The Joys of Benidorm! (1 Viewer)

Dec 28, 2017
Loughborough
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
We are there 18th Jan to 18th Feb so hopefully see you to say hi. We have a black lab called Sam.
We sail 11 January to Spain but got 4 other sites booked to go to before Benidorm,
we got a black labradoodle called molly see you in the dog walk 👍

Jan 19, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
since 2014
We are (I think) due to arrive at la torreta tomorrow. However despite booking online and then sending email, I haven’t heard this is confirmed yet. I shall doddle down in the morning in hope…..
Yes there's plenty of spare pitches 😎👍

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 19, 2017
Leighton Buzzard
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Ten years
How is Benidorm with a dog ? We have a brilliant Labrador in all respects but she hates being left on her own, so she always comes with us. On previous winter tours we have found that it’s near on impossible to eat in cafes and restaurants with the dog in Spain and Portugal. During the day we can usually find somewhere to sit outside, but the evenings are cold so eating outside has to be done with speed, that means more often than not we eat in the van most nights, but lordy they are long nights in the tin can.

marchie

Free Member
Mar 9, 2021
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Sounds like a few Funsters including us are going to be overwintering in Benidorm. So! who's going to organise a piss meet up ! Don't look at me I have a limp !
Have you tried taking the pebble out of your shoe? It will require you to use an alternative form of contraception, because you're no longer limp ...

Steve
:giggle:

Jan 19, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
since 2014
How is Benidorm with a dog ? We have a brilliant Labrador in all respects but she hates being left on her own, so she always comes with us. On previous winter tours we have found that it’s near on impossible to eat in cafes and restaurants with the dog in Spain and Portugal. During the day we can usually find somewhere to sit outside, but the evenings are cold so eating outside has to be done with speed, that means more often than not we eat in the van most nights, but lordy they are long nights in the tin can.
Never seen a dog in a pub or restaurant in Benidorm.
Ann's not very well so I fetched us a China garden takeaway tonight, really enjoyed it. Even pushed the boat out and had a €1.85 bottle of Lidl cava with it 😋

Mr porky

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 14, 2018
Middlewich, UK
Funster No
MH
Morelo home
Exp
Lots now
Never seen a dog in a pub or restaurant in Benidorm.
Ann's not very well so I fetched us a China garden takeaway tonight, really enjoyed it. Even pushed the boat out and had a €1.85 bottle of Lidl cava with it 😋
I miss cheap cava, I don’t drink it phil does. I miss the price 😂😂

OP
OP
John Barrett

John Barrett

Free Member
Jan 19, 2020
Hamble, Southampton.
Funster No
MH
One Eyed in Hamble!
Exp
Since 2012
On sale here on the Benidorm Facebook Marketplace. €10 for three. No wonder some of the Brits look a bit odd!

oilspray.jpg

Dec 28, 2017
Loughborough
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
During the day never had a problem taking dog in bars or cafes ,they all make a fuss of her .If we go out at night she is happy to stay in the van on her own.The only down side is you can’t take dogs on public transport in spain,we got over that by buying 2 electric bikes and a dog trailer 👍

Jan 19, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
since 2014
Well we have arrived at la Torreta and pitched up. Who knows what delights await us here? I once came to Benidorm for the afternoon but that’s it. It’s plenty warm enough. Now where’s the bar…..
Ask if you want any info 😍👍

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
Well we have arrived at la Torreta and pitched up. Who knows what delights await us here? I once came to Benidorm for the afternoon but that’s it. It’s plenty warm enough. Now where’s the bar…..
As JockandRita Jock said!

Don’t forget Cisne Market on a Thursday (have I got the right day Jock?)

Coming from Combe Martin and probably having run up Porlock, you’ll have no problem walking to The Cross…. :wink: :rofl:

The Corner Bar for Ashley’s quiz (also on a Thursday)

And any manner of other places to visit.

We’re there on 5th Jan - can’t wait!

Dec 5, 2017
York, UK
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 745
Exp
Almost approaching average
As JockandRita Jock said!

Don’t forget Cisne Market on a Thursday (have I got the right day Jock?)

Coming from Combe Martin and probably having run up Porlock, you’ll have no problem walking to The Cross…. :wink: :rofl:

The Corner Bar for Ashley’s quiz (also on a Thursday)

And any manner of other places to visit.

We’re there on 5th Jan - can’t wait!
Ha Combe Martin isn’t hilly lol. We live in the Pennines. (Or did). Found the bar thanks folks. Beer cold and cheap. Pups got water. All going well.

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
I think we need back the Benidorm snowbirds group so people can start meeting up.. It does not seem to show up on the main forum. Have messaged Jim to see if it can be re-instated.
Steve, click on the right of Subscriptions above, then Extra, then Groups. (y)

Broken Link Removed

Cheers,

Jock. :)

OP
OP
John Barrett

John Barrett

Free Member
Jan 19, 2020
Hamble, Southampton.
Funster No
MH
One Eyed in Hamble!
Exp
Since 2012
Another sunny day in Benidorm.
The building in the third picture is 'Villa Marina', over 100 superb apartments wrapped around the hill, with outstanding views across the bay. We have wintered there twice, but it became too expensive for us once it became too popular!

Jun 4, 2019
North licolnshire
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
I'm a newbie
Aye Geraldine, but I've still not found a bargain set of combination spanners, to compliment my socket set for the MH. :LOL:

Cheers,

Jock. ;)
Hi Jock, its Michaela, Tony and Sam (thetford bash)
Are you in Benidorm? If not are you going and when? We are there 18th Jan to 18th Feb 21.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back