Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
You guys in Beni.
Remember you can use quiet a few of the hotels all you can eat buffets 👍 The marina used to be €11 for evening buffet and included bottle of wine.
Yes! Great point. The last tim we overwintered there we tried this at a nearby hotel. As best as I could remember it was €13.00 each and it was an amazing selection and like you say , all you can eat! We must try that again.

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Yes! Great point. The last tim we overwintered there we tried this at a nearby hotel. As best as I could remember it was €13.00 each and it was an amazing selection and like you say , all you can eat! We must try that again.

When we had our apartment "Tonka towers" in Beni we often used the Marina, Helios and Rio park plus others.
Was a good way to feed the grandkids as well.. Let em loose on the ice cream and deserts. :rofl: :clap2:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
John Barrett

John Barrett

Free Member
Jan 19, 2020
Hamble, Southampton.
Funster No
MH
One Eyed in Hamble!
Exp
Since 2012
We've just returned from yet another great night out at the Benidorm Palace. Brilliant service, great food, and the show was spectacular as usual. We had, literally, a ringside seat, touching the edge of centre stage! The flamenco sequences were magnificent, far more exciting than the relentless monotony of Riverdance, and the huge LED screens provide a backdrop that has to be seen to be believed!

<Broken link removed>

Last edited:

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
Yeah. The first time we went to "Benidorm Palace" with the kids, yes, it was expensive. We opted for just show tickets and a cheap cafe meal on the main road - Crap meal, and when we saw what was offer at the "Palace" we said we would eat there next time.

3 times later, we always "dine before the show"
€50 for an excellent 3 course meal inc wine and a top class show.

Highly recommended 🍷
We did the same while we were there. Lovely memories with my late husband. So glad we did it. You never know what's around the corner. Although I don't like smoked salmon and took it back to the van and cooked it for the next day.

GHN

Jan 22, 2012
Leeds
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
I posted this request under another thread but posting it here may produce more responses.

Currently near Oliva/Denia we're probably going to move to Benidorm next weekend - we've never been and have heard and read a colourful array of comments about it, but want to sample it for ourselves.

So looking at the 4 ACSI sites - Camping Villasol, Camping Arena Blanc's, Camping Armanello and Camping cap Blanch :-

Are any funsters there who can tell me how full they are and which they prefer?

Useful comments will be appreciated.
Thanks Greg

Jun 4, 2019
North licolnshire
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
I'm a newbie
If you don't have dog I would reccomend villasol. Nearest to Benidorm life. And a great site. Never stayed as have a dog, but it would be my first choice.

• Informative
Reactions: f6c
Jun 26, 2018
North West
Funster No
MH
Florium Wincester
Exp
Europe & USA since April '21
We're in Villasol at the moment. There are a few spaces. It's a 15 minute walk to the beach front. One thing I don't like is the lack of water taps . If you do book here make sure you fill up on entry. Don't know anything about the other sites.
When you look around to choose, make sure you check how level the pitch is. We're OK as we've got self leveling but it's quite high off the ground at the front
20211017_114356.jpg

Last edited:

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2019
Wales
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
Still dropping clangers and making it up as I go along
I posted this request under another thread but posting it here may produce more responses.

Currently near Oliva/Denia we're probably going to move to Benidorm next weekend - we've never been and have heard and read a colourful array of comments about it, but want to sample it for ourselves.

So looking at the 4 ACSI sites - Camping Villasol, Camping Arena Blanc's, Camping Armanello and Camping cap Blanch :-

Thanks Greg
try this link

Broken Link Removed

GHN

Jan 22, 2012
Leeds
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Thanks Brella, daveclare & Nanniemate.

Feb 14, 2021
Milton Keynes, UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 727G
Exp
19 month year 18000 miles UK, Ireland, France, Spain, Germany, Italy. Campsites and off Grid.

Thanks Greg

Not a useful comment but we came down from Denia, went straight past Benisdorm and turned right into the mountains. Looking at those pics I'm glad we did. Each to their own though.

Feb 14, 2021
Milton Keynes, UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 727G
Exp
19 month year 18000 miles UK, Ireland, France, Spain, Germany, Italy. Campsites and off Grid.
This thread is about the joys of Benidorm, rather than somewhere else...:rolleyes:
I enjoyed seeing it from the motorway and turning right 😉
This thread is about the joys of Benidorm, rather than somewhere else...:rolleyes:

I also enjoyed seeing this building from the AP7.... reminded me of when I lived in China.

InTempo,_Benidorm,_España,_2014-07-02,_DD_28.JPG

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
I also enjoyed seeing this building from the AP7.... reminded me of when I lived in China.

View attachment 549081

Steady on! In Tiempo ,work of art now it has finished after many years. I remember when you couldn't give away the apartments & now we are up in the millions for the top floors.

Jun 18, 2008
southampton
Funster No
MH
Hymer B588 PL
Exp
34 Years

Thanks Greg
Hi Greg, Camping cap Blanch is in Albir which is about 4 miles from Benidorm. You can get the number 10 bus to Benidorm which cost 1-55 euros each way. Camping Armanello is behind Camping Villasol but if you want to go out at night its down a dark lane. Camping Villasol has a nice pool but pitch sizes are a bit hit and miss. We are currently on Arena Blanca which is a smaller site than the other 3 but more friendly. Since the beginning of September it has been busier than any other year I can remember. There are about 20 spare pitches tonight.

OP
OP
John Barrett

John Barrett

Free Member
Jan 19, 2020
Hamble, Southampton.
Funster No
MH
One Eyed in Hamble!
Exp
Since 2012

Thanks Greg
May I add that you can't book Albir Blanch in advance. You just turn up and hope that the Dutch already there haven't told their mates about the latest vacant pitch and you've been beaten to it!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back