The Joys of Benidorm! (1 Viewer)

Aug 20, 2007
Leyland
Funster No
MH
Frankia I7300 BD
Exp
since 1997 (many years tugger before then)
Last time we were in the Cadillac it was 5 euros with a bottle of fizz.

chrisgreen

Funster
Jul 26, 2009
england
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2004
Thinking of going to beni, but it would be a hotel half board as we no longer drink, been 4 times to the canaries all-inclusive and found we stayed mostly in the hotel because it was free drink but the last time we went we stayed in a half board hotel and had a great time with the nightlife outside of the hotel, so it was a big breky in the hotel out and about all day back to the hotel for evening meal then out on the town till early hours on the piss, great memories(y)

Nov 23, 2015
Newmarket,Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Benimar294
Exp
Moving on from Benidorm tomorrow, but guess what?, we’re having another week here on the way home.
12273A3F-3A2D-4D85-9D34-F9F00F7A7234.jpeg
CC8335C3-8D8D-4D1E-BC0B-8823AFC4CEA3.jpeg

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dec 31, 2010
Sunny South Shields
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin i7900
Exp
Since 2010
I have just this thread all the way though as I am 'doing benidorm ' for the first time In December. Heard so much about it and never really fancied 'blackpool in the sun' but had to take all me leave before end of the year or loose it so. Looked at Portugal and could not get anywhere with the flights. That fitted. So let's have a look elsewhere. Well return flights for less than £60 Hotel. B &b and transfers all for just over £1000 for 3 weeks. Could have got self catering accommodation for £500 but some reviews on cleanliness dodgy so paid for excellent reviews on hygiene
Adult-only hotel near old town paid the extortionate extra £30.00 for evening meal every night. So if I don't want to go out i can wonder into the restaurant or not as the case maybe.
If I need to get away it will be backpack on a bus and let's see where I end up as there are plenty of places to explore for a night or two. May love it or loath it fingers crossed it will be sunny and I can get cheap bike hire 😆

Funsters in Benidorm over the winter normally post stuff here if you want a meet up or sometimes other activities arranged :drink:

Broken Link Removed

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2019
Wales
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
Still dropping clangers and making it up as I go along
It will be great when I arrive as the sun shines on the rightous

Or the devil looks after his own :devil::devil::devil:

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2019
Wales
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
Still dropping clangers and making it up as I go along
Gosh it is looking like New York all those high raises , with Big Ben in the distance. I really did not realise Benidorm was so big similar weather here but bit colder :cold:

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
The scooter's broken for a while so we had a walk up to Sinatra's for brunch..

View attachment 546555

Excellent for €3.50 👌
Looks good to me (without the bread though). When Slimmers World had red and green books, on a red day this breakfast was recommended every day.

We lost 3 stone each, and after moving on to Atkins from SW we’ve managed to keep it off ever since.

Beni is brilliant for food like this, but we tend to go for the tapas and then eat in the van in the evening when the temperature drops.

Have you tried Casa Pepe? We love it there. Closest you’ll get to Manuel from Fawlty Towers, and the whole family is lovely.

Enjoy - we can’t wait for New Years Day - fingers crossed we’ll be on our way.

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
TBF I wouldn't dismiss Benidorm out of hand but there's nothing been posted here, or elsewhere, that would tell me it's a place I must visit...
...plus there are so many other destinations to visit first.
Stephen - have you not read my Beni threads? :rofl:

We don’t visit the strip, it’s not our thing, but Beni and it’s environs are beautiful, when everyone else is stuck in the UK under grey, leaden skies during the cold winter months.

Funsters make it - you have as much company as you want, with people you know, as well as being able to explore different places, speak Spanish (if you can/want to), and be able to walk or cycle in the sunshine every day.

We bought our van from a couple who had had the TV and satellite removed from the van, and the only thing left in it when we went to view it was a travelling Scrabble game. Why they felt they had to prove to us that they thought the telly was the spawn of the Devil and that the only true entertainment was a rousing game of Scrabble I don’t know - but I accepted that that was their idea of fun, and said nothing.

As I always say, each to their own, and I’m enjoying this thread for all the positive comments in it about a place I love. Having said that I also love out of the way, lonely places, as long as I can listen to the Archers, and Him Indoors can watch the footie! 😉

OP
OP
John Barrett

John Barrett

Free Member
Jan 19, 2020
Hamble, Southampton.
Funster No
MH
One Eyed in Hamble!
Exp
Since 2012
Another good day in Benidorm. Three course Sunday dinner at The Royal, unbelievable value at €9.50, the beef was 6mm thick and there were two huge slices on each plate!
We spent the early half of this evening in the nearby Karaoke bar. I don't have the balls to do it but it was great fun and everyone clearly enjoyed themselves!
We ate at the Bamboo again last night. Unfortunately...the lovely couple on the next table joined us after our meal, we dallied whilst enjoying the free wine, and I have to say that I tripped up on the way home... :eek:

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Another good day in Benidorm. Three course Sunday dinner at The Royal, unbelievable value at €9.50, the beef was 6mm thick and there were two huge slices on each plate!
We spent the early half of this evening in the nearby Karaoke bar. I don't have the balls to do it but it was great fun and everyone clearly enjoyed themselves!
We ate at the Bamboo again last night. Unfortunately...the lovely couple on the next table joined us after our meal, we dallied whilst enjoying the free wine, and I have to say that I tripped up on the way home... :eek:
Sounds better than what we had at J&Js, beef was tough, mushrooms were out of a tin and the only thing that resembled peppercorn sauce was some of the peppercorns. :LOL:Was very disappointing, at least their breakfasts are good.

Jan 19, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
since 2014
Sounds better than what we had at J&Js, beef was tough, mushrooms were out of a tin and the only thing that resembled peppercorn sauce was some of the peppercorns. :LOL:Was very disappointing, at least their breakfasts are good.
Try the hot dogs at J&Js, perfecto 😎👌

Dec 5, 2017
York, UK
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 745
Exp
Almost approaching average
We are (I think) due to arrive at la torreta tomorrow. However despite booking online and then sending email, I haven’t heard this is confirmed yet. I shall doddle down in the morning in hope…..

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back