Test to release - our experience so far (1 Viewer)

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
Thanks, Jongood and Busby. Great suggestions. We just booked a flexi return earlier than we were returning prior to the Amber+ surprise. I think we have to get a French Antigen or PCR before we can get on the ferry as well.
If it wasn't that Bretagne was SO gorgeous, food, roads, cycling, aires..... we would have got slightly annoyed, but it has been worth any inconveniences. Wow, I really needed time in France in the Moho!
Thanks again. FUN Rules!
You only need an antigen in France to return to UK.25euros each seems to be the going rate in pharmacies.Result in 20 mins and a printed proof.They thoroughly checked our plm s and proof of double innoculation plus french Covid test at Brittany book in.BUSBY.

Jul 2, 2019
doncaster
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 2010
Daughter lives in spain,has had 2 jabs,but has to isolate when she comes back here,because gb dont accept spanish vaccine, yet i can go over there to spain with my 2 jabs and not have to isolate ????

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Hi quick did you get your 5 day test results from airport? And what day did you test?
Hi we had the 5 day test after lunch at stansted airport and had the results early next morning when Janie turned her phone on, probably would have been the same day if we had an early test. 🙂 Bob.

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
I feel as if I might have an angry moment soon and throw my teddy in the corner

I am bound to be declared "Critical worker" and double jabbed and therefore will probably not have to isolate if "pinged" but instead take free tests so I can continue to work, however, if I were to return from France, with a negative test, I have to pay for days 2 8 and 5 (early release) in order to return to critical work and cost me £400 !

Its madness as its a "holiday abroad tax" in my view

OP
OP
jongood
Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
I feel as if I might have an angry moment soon and throw my teddy in the corner

I am bound to be declared "Critical worker" and double jabbed and therefore will probably not have to isolate if "pinged" but instead take free tests so I can continue to work, however, if I were to return from France, with a negative test, I have to pay for days 2 8 and 5 (early release) in order to return to critical work and cost me £400 !

Its madness as its a "holiday abroad tax" in my view
Ive been questioning the 'following the science' mantra for some time. Its just not joined up. I've got no particular issue with paying ( We seem to be paying for most things anyway) but a test is a test as long as you ve got a valid test result what does it matter where its from? and why bother taking a day 8 test if you ve done test to release on day 5. Its really hard to see how the logistics would work anyway.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
Ive been questioning the 'following the science' mantra for some time. Its just not joined up. I've got no particular issue with paying ( We seem to be paying for most things anyway) but a test is a test as long as you ve got a valid test result what does it matter where its from? and why bother taking a day 8 test if you ve done test to release on day 5. Its really hard to see how the logistics would work anyway.
Trouble with day 5 is that if it's a Fri a sat or a Sunday you won't get your result until the tue at the earliest.Hardly worth it.BUSBY.

OP
OP
jongood
Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
A bit of a quandary - today is day 5 test to release day but its a Sunday so the priority box isnt due to be emptied until tomorrow evening, they then have 24 hours to get it to Norfolk who then potentially have 24 hours to supply the result. Ive seen in the instructions that a delay of more than 48 hours may make the sample unusable so the window is potentially a bit tight.

What I'm thinking is to take the test and post it this evening so its logged as day 5 and it then gives the minimum amount of latent time prior to testing. Does anyone have any better suggestions?

OP
OP
jongood
Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
Trouble with day 5 is that if it's a Fri a sat or a Sunday you won't get your result until the tue at the earliest.Hardly worth it.BUSBY.
It depends- I would hope to get the results by Tuesday evening ( although it may be Wednesday morning) as opposed to Thursday evening/Friday morning. My wife has a very specific reason for wanting this and if she's in so am I. although if the 8 day result comes in positive we will both be away from home ( as permitted) so could be difficult ( hopefully very unlikely).

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
Whereas I have an issue with paying for day 2 and day 8 if I want to pay for day 5 in order to do some "critical work". Neither day 2 or 8 mean diddly squat if day 5 is negative.
Why is day 5 more expensive more than day 2 or day 8 ? I think the answer is obvious.

Jul 18, 2009
Manchester UK + Javea/Xabia Spain + Abu Dhabi
Funster No
MH
HYMER B644
Exp
we did the same when we stayed for the whole of June in Spain, we travelled by car, Brittany ferries.

We have just flown out to Spain as our house was free for a week.

This has just popped up on my phone.

Attachments

• 52B2BE9B-9834-460B-81B4-DE406F96F524.png
    52B2BE9B-9834-460B-81B4-DE406F96F524.png
    188.7 KB · Views: 41
Apr 13, 2012
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta Euroyacht
Exp
1996, then break 'til 2011
You can't board a plane, train or ferry to the UK without a negative test

I wonder how many of the paid for tests in the UK are positive.................. very few if any?

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
It depends- I would hope to get the results by Tuesday evening ( although it may be Wednesday morning) as opposed to Thursday evening/Friday morning. My wife has a very specific reason for wanting this and if she's in so am I. although if the 8 day result comes in positive we will both be away from home ( as permitted) so could be difficult ( hopefully very unlikely).
If Fri was day 5 and you don't get the result until the tue that's day 9,,BUSBY.

OP
OP
jongood
Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
we did the same when we stayed for the whole of June in Spain, we travelled by car, Brittany ferries.

We have just flown out to Spain as our house was free for a week.

This has just popped up on my phone.
Its not going particularly well for our lot at the moment. The shops are struggling for supplies because half the workers have been pinged by the distinctly suspect APP, and then the other half are going to be quarantining following changes to the rules caused by Boris's Randomometer. You really couldnt make it up!

OP
OP
jongood
Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
If Fri was day 5 and you don't get the result until the tue that's day 9,,BUSBY.
I think you would be unlucky not to get the result on Monday for either Friday or Saturday ( if you get to the special box in time) Sunday is the worst one but I have my reasons. TBH I wish I had thought about the airport ones as I would be there right now even though they re even more expensive.

Apr 22, 2018
Herts.
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral lowline
Only if relying on post. Our plan is a trip to the airport (only 15-20 mins away) where we believe they operate 24/7.

Oct 27, 2016
Co Durham
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 1997
We arrived back in UK on 19/7 after the 4 am deadline hence isolation and days 2 and 8 tests (paid for). Day 2 test was negative. Phoned every day by track and trace and given the same scripted lecture. On day 4 I informed caller of negative test result. Didn't appear interested and told no need to inform NHS or anyone else. It is certainly not on my NHS covid record. We are told that decisions are evidence based but nobody appears to be collecting/analysing results of those of us returning from France to see if all this testing/isolating is really necessary. Looking at reports on here, it isn't. I am not normally cynical but I have a growing feeling that all this high cost testing and isolation has nothing to do with public health and more to do with making money and population control by discouraging foreign travel.

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
We arrived back in UK on 19/7 after the 4 am deadline hence isolation and days 2 and 8 tests (paid for). Day 2 test was negative. Phoned every day by track and trace and given the same scripted lecture. On day 4 I informed caller of negative test result. Didn't appear interested and told no need to inform NHS or anyone else. It is certainly not on my NHS covid record. We are told that decisions are evidence based but nobody appears to be collecting/analysing results of those of us returning from France to see if all this testing/isolating is really necessary. Looking at reports on here, it isn't. I am not normally cynical but I have a growing feeling that all this high cost testing and isolation has nothing to do with public health and more to do with making money and population control by discouraging foreign travel.
You would have entered the name of your testing company and the reference no on your PLF, Would imagine with computer technology it would be automatically checked.
BUSBY.

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
Only if relying on post. Our plan is a trip to the airport (only 15-20 mins away) where we believe they operate 24/7.
Being in quarantine is forcing me to do all those jobs I have been putting off for years.Shall need a couple of runs to the tip when I am released. 😃😃 BUSBY.

Oct 27, 2016
Co Durham
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 1997
You would have entered the name of your testing company and the reference no on your PLF, Would imagine with computer technology it would be automatically checked.
BUSBY.
I agree with what you say but wouldn't it be more acceptable if the information was used and analysed to monitor whether/when restrictions could be lifted? My gut feeling says they won't, which is a pity when you consider the astronomical cost of the whole test and trace system.

May 21, 2014
Llywel Brecon
Funster No
MH
Rapido M96
Exp
Since May 2014
Day 5 Test to release not available in Wales, Scotland or NI. Had to order 2 and 8 day tests on the Official site at £170 per person. This uses the Royal Mail network which is the local post box. Not at all sure why the Test to release is in the system as you can only release on notification of a negative test. Our 2 and 8 day tests went to different laboratories. One day 2 came back in 36 hours the other 6 days!
If you do not receive the day 8 test result you cannot release on day 10 and must continue to isolate to day 15. No guarantees that any of the tests will release you when you expect.

Madbird

Free Member
Apr 25, 2015
Kings Lynn, Norfolk
Funster No
MH
RS Elysian
Exp
3 years
If its necessary next time I would seriously consider using an airport one, Birmingham is the nearest so its a couple of hours out and you get the result faster.

The phone calls are a bit OTT IMO, Every day at about lunchtime we ve have both had a phonecall where somebody reads exactly the same script to us, then ask us if we ve got any questions? Still only another 7 times to go?
But if you ask questions they can’t answer them lol!

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
I think you would be unlucky not to get the result on Monday for either Friday or Saturday ( if you get to the special box in time) Sunday is the worst one but I have my reasons. TBH I wish I had thought about the airport ones as I would be there right now even though they re even more expensive.
They should be working 7 days /week.
If you do not receive the day 8 test result you cannot release on day 10 and must continue to isolate to day 15. No guarantees that any of the tests will release you when you expect.
& if you don't recive it you claim yor repayment via cc company for failre to supply
Day 5 Test to release not available in Wales, Scotland or NI.
If you are returning from France/spain in a vehicle why are you using Welsh Or Scottish tests?
Nothing to do with them.You arrive in England. English rules day 2 & day8 + 10 day quarantine .Day 5 ealry release if you want If you go home to Wales or Scotland you are arriving from England not France or spain

OP
OP
jongood
Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
They should be working 7 days /week.

& if you don't recive it you claim yor repayment via cc company for failre to supply

If you are returning from France/spain in a vehicle why are you using Welsh Or Scottish tests?
Nothing to do with them.You arrive in England. English rules day 2 & day8 + 10 day quarantine .Day 5 ealry release if you want If you go home to Wales or Scotland you are arriving from England not France or spain
I agree, the way Wales is being run these days you re probably better off staying in England. I considered staying in Spain for similar reasons but didnt realise that my vote was not required :LOL:

Jun 17, 2012
North Essex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
>12 but <13
Help please? Have I seen an old advice sheet as it seems 10Q not necessary if returning from amber countries ie France.
But some of you refer to the Quarantine
4EF12051-12E2-443D-856F-D6FE362A3319.png
2FADA852-1E71-49AD-9F41-D7895B379679.png

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
Help please? Have I seen an old advice sheet as it seems 10Q not necessary if returning from amber countries ie France.
But some of you refer to the Quarantine View attachment 520406View attachment 520409
That's old news.If you arrive in UK from France you need antigen test,have pre booked day two and eight tests to do at home and quarantine for ten days.BUSBY.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
But some of you refer to the Quarantine View attachment 520406View attachment 520409
Children under 10 don't need to be tested... Rediculous.
My granddaughters had Covid twice... She's 8 years old.
If she has it she can transmit it.

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
That's because France is "shades of amber" "amber +" not amber . They've invented new rules.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back