Tam &Toby do Europe ...Take two (2 Viewers)

TCG

Jul 6, 2017
Salford Priors
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
Sometimes diet can cause a person to be very tasty to bugs, meat, carbs and sugar traces are all detected by insects and they tuck in. Changing to a purely vegan diet without carbs (i.e. just unprocessed vegetables and no white rice or flour) can make you neutral to insects so they'll tend to ignore you.

We also found a similar thing with cats and fleas, after we ditched cat-food and fed ours lightly fry-sealed turkey etc (i.e. no catfood with all of it's carbohydrates) we discovered after a while that that all the fleas had left too and never came back! For their final old-age years we couldn't find a single sign of a flea on any of them - spooky and super clean.

Great thread BTW, Jade looks a really fine smart dog, Milo is cute and good to read to inspire me about where to go and what to see in a motorhome/camper!
Think i will put up with bug bites:LOL:

Oct 27, 2017
Scotland/Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer (T class GT)
Exp
12months
Thinking back on the dogs and sixth sense. They definitely 'do ' telepathy, if you think about it their language to each other is largely silent, (certainly body language is sometimes involved, but I think hard stares, teeth bared and hackles up,is their version of shouting) but when they are just having a normal, friendly, quiet conversation between themselves they definitely use telepathy, we can't see or hear anything between them. But i've often seen my old dog return from her morning stroll around the croft, approach the younger dogand pause briefly before coming in doors. The next moment the young dog is away down the field, if I have my wits about me and follow discretely the young dog will go directly to a certain point where she begins to roll.
Yes, her good friend the old dog has told her precisely there she will find a lovely heap of fox poo to roll in!
So what's to say the dogs being walked some distance away are not communicating with the sleeping dogs in your van?

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Thinking back on the dogs and sixth sense. They definitely 'do ' telepathy, if you think about it their language to each other is largely silent, (certainly body language is sometimes involved, but I think hard stares, teeth bared and hackles up,is their version of shouting) but when they are just having a normal, friendly, quiet conversation between themselves they definitely use telepathy, we can't see or hear anything between them. But i've often seen my old dog return from her morning stroll around the croft, approach the younger dogand pause briefly before coming in doors. The next moment the young dog is away down the field, if I have my wits about me and follow discretely the young dog will go directly to a certain point where she begins to roll.
Yes, her good friend the old dog has told her precisely there she will find a lovely heap of fox poo to roll in!
So what's to say the dogs being walked some distance away are not communicating with the sleeping dogs in your van?
Aye it certainly seems that way but I did t want to sound crazy. But watching these two is fascinating at times as they do seem to know things before I can even see them

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
We had a wee walk up to the cliffs again and down past the herd on the other side.
There's a bit of a haze over the sea today but still been 19° so not bad
20190301_154819.jpg
20190301_155409.jpg
20190301_155417.jpg
20190301_155527.jpg
20190301_155627.jpg
20190301_155829.jpg
20190301_161144.jpg
20190301_162910.jpg

Oct 27, 2017
Scotland/Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer (T class GT)
Exp
12months
As a kid I always said that when I grew up I wanted to be eccentric.
I think there are only 3 requirements to achieving this goal : old age, craziness and wealth.
I'm almost there! Only one of the three left to achieve. :ROFLMAO: No prizes for guessing which one.

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
As a kid I always said that when I grew up I wanted to be eccentric.
I think there are only 3 requirements to achieving this goal : old age, craziness and wealth.
I'm almost there! Only one of the three left to achieve. :ROFLMAO: No prizes for guessing which one.
Screenshot_20190228-144038_Facebook.jpg

GPW

Free Member
Feb 23, 2019
Cambridge UK
Funster No
MH
Globescout Plus
Exp
Slight to minor!
Think i will put up with bug bites:LOL:
LOL, the main attraction is sugars (simple and complex) so sugar (obviously!), cakes, white flour and white rice are out (they have same nutritional value as falvoured cardboard anyway), so meat + veg would do pretty much all you need to get the bugs to leave you alone.
People aren't designed to consume processed sugars/carbs, insect bites are natures way of telling you to stop; the Romans didn't conquer the world on oven chips and McDonalds ;)

Also my cats only ate meat and after the carbohydrates left their system they were immune.
You can get some pretty nasty diseases from the wrong tick so look out for yourselves!

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
LOL, the main attraction is sugars (simple and complex) so sugar (obviously!), cakes, white flour and white rice are out (they have same nutritional value as falvoured cardboard anyway), so meat + veg would do pretty much all you need to get the bugs to leave you alone.
People aren't designed to consume processed sugars/carbs, insect bites are natures way of telling you to stop; the Romans didn't conquer the world on oven chips and McDonalds ;)

Also my cats only ate meat and after the carbohydrates left their system they were immune.
You can get some pretty nasty diseases from the wrong tick so look out for yourselves!
Sorry but there's no way! No WAY!!!! I'm doing without cake

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
It gets right up my nose when folk call us scots tight but I can see your a scot too , wanting full money for something thats unused but still 2nd hand and almost 2 yr old and no yrs guarantee.:LOL:
Very similar to the spanish mentality.:D2

So how come the dogs can sense when someone with a dog is walking nearby?
Next doors wolf can hear a cyclist at 500m & a solitary Moroccan at a 1000m..................& lies in wait:LOL:

Always fascinates me some nights when in bed & the dog wants to go out as next doors cat's are encroaching ?? How does he know?

kelpie

Free Member
Feb 1, 2015
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr E745
Exp
3 years
But think of your six pack Tam
Only six pack to worry about on holiday Tam , not in any order, Tennents , Budweiser, Stella , Peroni.
I could go on , but , people might think I have a plobrem hic.
I very rarely drink now unless away in the van ,even then , very little. Can't stand hangovers now:(.
John

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Only six pack to worry about on holiday Tam , not in any order, Tennents , Budweiser, Stella , Peroni.
I could go on , but , people might think I have a plobrem hic.
I very rarely drink now unless away in the van ,even then , very little. Can't stand hangovers now:(.
John
I've found a reasonable beer in mercadonna. €3.50 for 12 stubbles and a nice red wine €1.88 A bottle..that does me

I'm not a big drinker 2 or 3 beers in a day or a bottle of red over 2 days and that's pretty much it.

Shrimp

Funster
May 27, 2015
Bedfordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
Long time
Our JRT, Gina, can sense when there’s anything around outside at-it seems-any distance.
3 large Deer across the field about 100 mtrs away and she’s woofing before she’s seen them and she’s in the van! They’re quite dark coloured and standing still against a dark background-shrubs & trees!

Oct 27, 2017
Scotland/Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer (T class GT)
Exp
12months
I have two friends that are animal communicators. I once said to one of them, I wish I had your ability. She replied it isn't easy knowing what abuse and suffering an animal is living with because often you are unable to intervene or help.
I do have what I consider a very low level of ability in this field and even that much can often be very sad. (It can also be wonderful), but as was said in that quote we lose this ability through listening to others skepticism.
What I hesitate to call more primitive peoples often still retain and use this ability.

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
I could’ve been doing with a dog in my house last night. Blue was a great watchdog and would’ve scared any would be intruder off.
I’ve got two of these. Very realistic, works through walls so can be placed out of sight. I’ve got one at back of house and one at side entrance. Has completely fooled a neighbours builder who came to side of our house to see her garage roof.
Even fools us if we come home and forget we’ve left it on. !
https://www.1800doorbell.com/dog-barking-entry-alert.htm
Just press cancel if website asks you to login.
I found them on eBay or amazon U.K. though.

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
I’ve got two of these. Very realistic, works through walls so can be placed out of sight. I’ve got one at back of house and one at side entrance. Has completely fooled a neighbours builder who came to side of our house to see her garage roof.
Even fools us if we come home and forget we’ve left it on. !
https://www.1800doorbell.com/dog-barking-entry-alert.htm
Just press cancel if website asks you to login.
I found them on eBay or amazon U.K. though.
I think I'll get one of those for the van, if it barks first then the dogs will start ....be enough yo scare anyone away lol

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
I think I'll get one of those for the van
Yes, I’ve often thought I would like to have one that I could operate with a fob if I heard someone sneaking about outside the van. Would have to be battery or 12v though!

GPW

Free Member
Feb 23, 2019
Cambridge UK
Funster No
MH
Globescout Plus
Exp
Slight to minor!
@GPW thank you so much , very powerful and moving.

I'd not have thought it possible but I've actually met a girl who had this ability. She was in a park feeding the squirrels, but the squirrels would scamper up to her and eat right out of her hand! She had names for them all. Same with mice, birds etc, animals had no fear of her and would approach her (and only her, no one else!), she got these amazing photos of them as they sat on her and ate out of her hand.

Never seen anything like it before or since.

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
I'd not have thought it possible but I've actually met a girl who had this ability. She was in a park feeding the squirrels, but the squirrels would scamper up to her and eat right out of her hand! She had names for them all. Same with mice, birds etc, animals had no fear of her and would approach her (and only her, no one else!), she got these amazing photos of them as they sat on her and ate out of her hand.

Never seen anything like it before or since.
You never seen doctor do little then ?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back