Tam &Toby do Europe ...Take two (2 Viewers)

Oct 2, 2008
Salopia
Funster No
MH
Duro 6x6 Overlander
Exp
since 1968
I'd not have thought it possible but I've actually met a girl who had this ability. She was in a park feeding the squirrels, but the squirrels would scamper up to her and eat right out of her hand! She had names for them all. Same with mice, birds etc, animals had no fear of her and would approach her (and only her, no one else!), she got these amazing photos of them as they sat on her and ate out of her hand.

Never seen anything like it before or since.

My sister has the same ability , even feral cats , cant be genetic as I have the opposite effect :D2

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
20190301_231339.jpg

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 5, 2015
Sussex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2010

You must be chuffed how well they get on! So pleased, would have been a nightmare if they didn't!

Just as I was about to get my 2nd mutt my posty told me about the problems he was having after introducing a 2nd cat in to his house, had to keep them in different rooms etc.

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Tam I can't believe how quickly Milo has settled down its as if he was made for you. Lovely little dog.

I thought that as soon as I met him carol , I obviously picked him just by a few pics etc so was always a gamble , but he climbed in my arms as soon as I got to silvias and was licking my ears etc so he obviously liked me.
He's been very cuddly and clingy since but is slowly coming out of his shell
You must be chuffed how well they get on! So pleased, would have been a nightmare if they didn't!

Just as I was about to get my 2nd mutt my posty told me about the problems he was having after introducing a 2nd cat in to his house, had to keep them in different rooms etc.

Aye I kind of expected jade to be good with him as she has zero aggression and loved meeting and playing with other dogs and hated leaving them so I thought she woukd like a wee pal. Milo is a character and to be honest he takes a fair bit of stick from jade but he's starting to give as good as he gets ....they get on really well and she doesn't even mind him cuddling in to her now .
We just got in to bed lol and this is how they've imedietly ended up
15514832354016543107969099675422.jpg

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Where Jade is lying I hope Milo hasn't eaten cabbage today:D. One VERY brave girl. The phot furthe down she's in a far better place.
John
Aye she us brave because he farts and he stinks ...she smells of roses and unicorns lol

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
After our walk this morning I've driven down to mojacar to pick up this doggy trailer.

Spanish sure ain't in a hurry , I've messaged the seller letting them know I'm in mojacar and in the carpark as they are in a hotel accross the street. I don't know their name or anything so I can't go there to find them they replied 40 minutes ago saying perfecto ok and heard nothing since.

Hotel is literally right accross the road lol

Oct 27, 2017
Scotland/Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer (T class GT)
Exp
12months
Sounds like another time you will be having to practice patience Tam.
If the saying is right you are going to end up sooo , virtuous :D2

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Sounds like another time you will be having to practice patience Tam.
If the saying is right you are going to end up sooo , virtuous :D2
Patience is all very well but I've no idea where they are , if they are bringing it here or if I need to go there. I want to go walk the dogs

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Just been helping a Spanish family fix their sons bike I knew carrying all these tools would be worth while lol. They've told me a nice walk near here but the puppies are exhausted ...They've already walked 10km today.

I can't stay the night at this spot as motorhomes banned 8pm to 8am so I'll need to move and find another spot for tonight then go to Almeria tomorrow.
20190302_125652.jpg
20190302_132605.jpg

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
Aye it certainly seems that way but I did t want to sound crazy. But watching these two is fascinating at times as they do seem to know things before I can even see them
I think we don't give them enough credit for incredibly sensitive noses & ears. In the case of the rolling incident once the second dog knows there's something interesting all it has to do is follow the scent of the first dog (a pretty good scent probably :)) and it'll find the rolling patch. I've observed ours following the footsteps of one of the others walked half an hour previously by my wife.

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Well I've parked up at a wee spot south of carboneras. The way this was described on park4night I had high hopes lol but the original comment must have been left by someone on there very first time out in a camper van. The beach is ok not busy and secluded to be safe for dogs but it's not the most picturesque view ( a cement works ) but I'm here now so it will do me tonight as can't be bothered driving anymore. There's also a big bin so I'm having a camper clear out of crap I don't need or use. Then I'm gonna fiddle with this bike buggy so I can use it when in almeria.
Screenshot_20190302-162344_park4night.jpg
Screenshot_20190302-162349_park4night.jpg

Haven't decided yet whether I'll go straight to Almeria tomorrow or have a night somewhere in cabo de gata ....I'll decide tomorrow

Its hard work this long term holiday malarkey you know:p

Last edited:
OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Well that's the trailer all sorted ...I was able to swap over the couplings from the old one so it will fit the connector on my bike. I also swapped all the reflectors because they were missing so it's good to go now.
I only paid a tenner for the kiddie one but it's ok for kids just not the best for dogs so I'll hang on to it just now incase it's of use to someone and if not I'll just offload it when back in Blighty it don't weigh much.

Will give it a test run on cycle path in almeria.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back