Tam &Toby do Europe ...Take two (2 Viewers)

Oct 29, 2016
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Motor Homing 5 years, caravan previously
That Black original Hymer fabric looks so rough,like you could strike a match on it!
There is only one sensible replacement Tam, Tartan!, hundreds to chose from eh?.:xThumb:
TinaL has even made some lovely contrasting teal blue & brown tartan seat top/head rest covers and bed cover (middle bit) to blend in and protect our seats in the lounge.
Yes put a twin lens camera on the back, its surprising how close people get when following behind, in fact scary, as they are in my blind spot, even had a motor cyclist once so close, I put my hazard lights on before braking for a roundabout...nutter!
LES

Feb 22, 2011
Newcastle under Lyme
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
There is a black button on the dash which puts them out. Not a lot of use tbh.
The button on the dash should only retract the step, not put it out. There should also be an alarm when out and ignition is on.
The alarm is in the cupboard by the EBL.
Nothing automatic.
Sounds like yours has been tinkered with by someone.

Shrimp

Funster
May 27, 2015
Bedfordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
Long time
You could scrounge a small amount of loft insulation from someone doing a house up, maybe, for behind the board-when you fix it in the cupboards.

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Tam, I'd use the 3mm white faced hardboard as in all the other cupboards.
I wonder why they used black cloth in those cupboards, very odd.
I've no idea I must admit when I bought the van I thought it had been done by a previous owner as it didn't look original. It didn't help that when theyve had previous problems with camera and brake light they broke all the polystyrene behind it.

I'm not sure what to put there now, insulation has to be flexible to go around the curve but also waterproof incase of condensation and then whatever I use to cover it has to be able to bend for the curve also.

I dont actually have hardboard in my other cupboards it's just the internal wall if the van

Feb 22, 2011
Newcastle under Lyme
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
I think I'd use glass rockwool then the painted hardboard.
If you measure the curve carefully it might be self fixing if you can get it in in one piece per cupboard.

Feb 22, 2011
Newcastle under Lyme
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
Correx is a good product, like corrugated cardboard but plastic and more durable so should bend to a curve. Contractors put it on floors to protect during works. B&Q might sell it or builders merchant.
Then you could cover it in tartan of you choice (y)

Nov 4, 2011
Uk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Yes b
Correx is a good product, like corrugated cardboard but plastic and more durable so should bend to a curve. Contractors put it on floors to protect during works. B&Q might sell it or builders merchant.
Then you could cover it in tartan of you choice (y)
Yes B&Q sell that stuff, we bought some and made a tray for the shower cubicle because we use it for shoes and stuff, keeps shore clean.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
No one in companies seem to communicate with each other anymore.

I ordered my solar controller from roadpro a week past thursday 28th when I was at Lenny HB 's because I'd selected the bank transfer option and hadn't received an email from them I phoned them next day and paid it by card. Still hadn't arrived today so I've just given them a call

Guy says oh we've sent you 2 emails ( which I've not received ) asking you to pay by bank transfer , I said " it was paid on 29th by card and I have receipt for payment email etc "

He says oh no one told me that I'll send it out now and you'll get it tomorrow ??

Feb 22, 2011
Newcastle under Lyme
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
Good to know, that's the one I fitted last year (y)

I found it made a big difference to the amount of solar to the batteries.

I'm just looking at their battery 2 battery for this winters project

Last edited:
OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Good to know, that's the one I fitted last year (y)

I found it made a big difference to the amount of solar to the batteries.

I'm just looking at their battery 2 battery for this winters project
I was considering the battery 2 battery but not sure I want to pay out £2 -300. Now that my engine charging seems to be working ..2-3 hours usually puts back in what i use in a night

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
I've just received a £30 fine from bristol council for apparently driving in a bus lane.

It's just after the junction on bath road with the park and ride at brislington....I'd intended to stop in the park and ride but on reaching the junction spots a sign saying a height restriction of 2.1 metres for the park and ride so had no option buy to continue straight ahead which was the bus lane.

You'd think this would be obvious to them since they've provided 3 photos of my van at the junction

So I have to go lodge an appeal ...

Feb 22, 2011
Newcastle under Lyme
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
Bummer, hopefully the appeal will work.
The Votronic b2b is £159 assuming im looking at the right thing. I've downloaded the manual today and will have a read this evening to make sure it's the one I need.
Seems worth it for the cost.

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Bummer, hopefully the appeal will work.
The Votronic b2b is £159 assuming im looking at the right thing. I've downloaded the manual today and will have a read this evening to make sure it's the one I need.
Seems worth it for the cost.
Ah I never saw that one ...everyone seems to recomend the sterling one

I'll have a look myself ...£159 seems a better option depending on the output

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
If you do go for a B2B the Votronic ones are much better about £30 dearer than the Serling for a similar output.
I did wonder at the cheaper one as I'm sure you mentioned it wasn't much better than standard charger.

Don't think I want to lay out £300 on one though.

Now my engine charging is working it should do me fine as i move every day or two anyway .....usually

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
So after spending a few hours running the cable from the cab to inside the rear lockers for my twin camera that hasn't arrived yet and removing metres of redundant wires previous owners had running front to back for various items that are no longer fitted or working.

I then moved on to fitting the new solar controller.

Not only is it a better controller but it tidies up the cupboard the ebl is in and let's me refitt the original shelf in there too

Much neater
20191211_195725.jpg
20191211_195739.jpg
20191211_203541.jpg

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread