Tam, Jade and Franky's European Adventure (1 Viewer)

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
View attachment 258726

So this is a very good colour picture in your twenties or it’s your daughter....?
I’ve not heard that line for a long time lol :D The world was black and white when I married in my twenties! Have no colour photos:(

This photo was 2 years ago but I keep it because of little Squidget in the photo, now no longer with us.

Here you go, July..
27705118-2BEC-46E6-998B-EF326E7D8F2B.jpeg

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
I’ve not heard that line for a long time lol :D The world was black and white when I married in my twenties! Have no colour photos:(

This photo was 2 years ago but I keep it because of little Squidget in the photo, now no longer with us.

Here you go, July..
View attachment 258738

Your wearing well... hope I do as good..(y)

Tam, the old patter still works....;)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
This is the text I've just got from my sister updating me about mum

"She has had blood taken again showing high infection markers not sure from what yet. Off to x-ray now for chest; hip and knee checks. Has had cannula put in and been given anti sickness meds before getting some oromorph. Still in pain and not able to walk now can stand but badly."

Not good :(

Oct 27, 2017
Scotland/Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer (T class GT)
Exp
12months
So sorry you are going home to such an awful situation Tam, but your Mum will be delighted to have you there.
I believe some hospitals do allow dogs to visit now,but not sure. May your wheels speed you safely.

Feb 15, 2016
Essex
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since April 2016
Sorry to hear about your mum Tam, 74 is so young. My dad is 94 so his problems are to be expected.
It appears that you are just ahead of us, we don't cross till Tuesday and could possibly be in Montreuil on Monday!
Staying in a nice village called Lyons-la-Foret for a few nights (camp site I'm afraid) not that far from Rouen.

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Safe journey the rest of the way home and Hank you for sharing your travels. I do hope your mum gets some help with the pain and the infections under control. I'm sure you will lift her spirit when you get home.

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
Tam I've enjoyed your adventures around Spain and France.
Your befriending of the lovely Jade and the photos and banter (and occasional trip to Coventry !:LOL:) have made all us readers feel we have been on it too.
Thankyou so much for taking the time each day to post when it must have been a ball ache sometimes.!
I wish you a continued safe journey north to your Mum and family and I hope she makes a good recovery when she sees her boy home.
Take care and thanks again.(y)

jumartoo

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Alhama de Murcia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
Tam, Anthea has said things so well (as usual) and in the Morning Funsters NMC way I'll

Ditto

Seriously, I've enjoyed your travels from the start and I'm so glad Jade turned out well (whoever would think a recommendation to look at Sylvia's website would give your your travelling companion).

Have a safe trip back to the UK and your mum.

Best wishes.

spitfire

Free Member
Oct 13, 2010
Correze France
Funster No
MH
Bavaria
Exp
Since 2003
Tam I've enjoyed your adventures around Spain and France.
Your befriending of the lovely Jade and the photos and banter (and occasional trip to Coventry !:LOL:) have made all us readers feel we have been on it too.
Thankyou so much for taking the time each day to post when it must have been a ball ache sometimes.!
I wish you a continued safe journey north to your Mum and family and I hope she makes a good recovery when she sees her boy home.
Take care and thanks again.(y)
Perfectly put :)

Mikey RV

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 7, 2010
Devon
Funster No
MH
Burstner Elegance I821G
Exp
Since 1977
Wishing your mum a speedy recovery, sure it will help her when she see,s you for a big hug. Thanks for posting all the pics and story’s along your travels. I know your trips not over yet so keep the updates coming. (y)

Oct 24, 2015
Helgas house
Funster No
MH
hymer e650 battered!!
Exp
None
Yeah she did a lot of digging those two days lol ...most she's done since the beach in roquetas...she probably did it deliberately hoping you'd get stuck she is evil sometimes View attachment 258474

She’s listening to that ‘Five finger death punch
Too much,,, I’m not surprised she’s turning!!

Does her head spin right round yet? Xx’

Trixie

Funster
Deceased RIP
Apr 25, 2014
Funster No
Tam, do hope your Mum is feeling better soon, she will be so pleased to see you.
Thanks for taking the time and the effort to post all the pictures it’s been great, I’ve looked forward to seeing “where I’m going today.”
Good luck with whatever you do on your return home.

Rob and Val

Free Member
Oct 17, 2010
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Talbot Compass Calypso
Exp
Since July 2010
We feel sure that your Mum will feel much better when her boy is home again, Tam. Even though you've made regular contact it's not the same as being there in person for her. Give her a hug from us.

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Well mum is in theatre this morning having a needle biopsy done on her knee to check for infection. She also has a chronic urine infection. But the doctors think she may have a bone infection also.
Sisters keeping me updated.

I'm in boulogne just now stopped here for a wee look before I head to cite europe for the night.

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
Hopefully they will be hitting her with strong antibiotics and she will start to feel better soon.
If you feel the need, you could ring Eurotunnel and ask if they would bring your crossing earlier. I have always found them very helpful on the phone.

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Hopefully they will be hitting her with strong antibiotics and she will start to feel better soon.
If you feel the need, you could ring Eurotunnel and ask if they would bring your crossing earlier. I have always found them very helpful on the phone.
To be honest the time suits as it gives me a chance to get organised in the morning.
I also want the chance to let the folk intersted in the motorhome view it on route home.
She's in good hands in the hospital and I'll be home by Wednesday

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Tam, I'm shocked! Surely that is England that you can see? :eek: :D.
Everybody keeps telling me its one country eh.

Of course I'll post a proper home picture when I see that satire and failte na alba :p

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
It's a bit of a bummer all the shops at cite europe are closed :( I have €64.80 to spend lol. I've already filled gas and diesel to the brim ...will have to go in to lidl early morning I think

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
It's a bit of a bummer all the shops at cite europe are closed :( I have €64.80 to spend lol. I've already filled gas and diesel to the brim ...will have to go in to lidl early morning I think
Save it for your next trip !!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back