Tam, Jade and Franky's European Adventure (2 Viewers)

Mark and Mindy

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2017
Nr Bicester
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin 640 SGX
Exp
Since 2019
I've loved reading this thread - what amazing sights you've seen and whetted the appetite for when we finally get our van!

Hope your mum is ok, I'm sure she's looking forward to seeing you and Jade!

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Well that was a weird route to Southampton via the m20 m26 m25 m3 but im here at least ....now to see if this guy is a timewaster or a serious buyer.

Nov 4, 2011
Uk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
You had the smooth (not) bottom part of M25 to do. That’s a van wrecker.
Hoping all goes well with your viewing.

May 17, 2016
Aberdeenshire
Funster No
MH
B524
Exp
2nd base
What's this van you're looking at? Is it the Middlesbrough one? Looks a nice van, the kinda thing I'd be looking at next.

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Well me Southampton has viewed ...loved it apparently but one of those who says he will have to go speak with his wife.

Now I'm single but from other people's experiences I've witnessed. If your married you don't go looking at a motorhome without your wife especially not one that's going to be in Scotland ...

So I'm not expecting to hear from him anytime soon.
Think he might just be a window shopper

But hey ho ...gonna have a spot of lunch then head over towards Stafford

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

big map

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 8, 2009
Poole
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2009
I hope he speaks to his wife and then they decide to have it.
I would go without my hubby (if he was busy) and he would go without me (if I was busy), I bought the house we live in now without him viewing it.
Flights from Southampton go to Aberdeen three or four times a day
I hope you are pleasantly surprised.
Enjoy your lunch.

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
I hope he speaks to his wife and then they decide to have it.
I would go without my hubby (if he was busy) and he would go without me (if I was busy), I bought the house we live in now without him viewing it.
Flights from Southampton go to Aberdeen three or four times a day
I hope you are pleasantly surprised.
Enjoy your lunch.
I dunno I just got that feeling from him but you never know.

I'm not desperate to sell her I can hold off till the start of spring and achieve a better price

But mum might object to having 3 motorhomes in her driveway lol as my sister's is in there too

Al-Di

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 15, 2014
prestwich
Funster No
MH
Eura Mobil A Class
Exp
since 2013
need to change your location status Tam,;) good luck with sale and hope Mum pulls through(y)(y)

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Well that's me parked up in a wildspot in stafford for the night ...its been a long day

Update from sister on mum is she could be in hospital for a while. ..docs still don't know what's causing the infection.

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
Well that's me parked up in a wildspot in stafford for the night ...its been a long day

Update from sister on mum is she could be in hospital for a while. ..docs still don't know what's causing the infection.
Aren't you near Old Mos place? Go visit!

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Aren't you near Old Mos place? Go visit!
No idea anthea ..i was just letting someone view the van and then looked for somewhere for a quiet stopover before heading north tomorrow.

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
Well that was a weird route to Southampton via the m20 m26 m25 m3 but im here at least ....now to see if this guy is a timewaster or a serious buyer.
It sounds a long route,,Last time i did that journey i just drove along the coast,,,BUSBY,,

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
What are your plans Tam, now that the grand tour is over?
Well with mum being not well at the minute I'll be staying there till she's back on her feet.
Always planned to sell franky when back so advertising that now and looking for new smaller van. Will have to.pick up some work to do me till after new year and then if mum has improved I'm gonna do a year in eastern Europe if I can.

Won't know till later how things go

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
It sounds a long route,,Last time i did that journey i just drove along the coast,,,BUSBY,,
As @tacr2man said it , unbelievably ,is shorter & aklso far quicker. When I bunged it in expecting the coast route I was amazed & checked a couple of times.

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Have decided on what van you are going for next when Franky is sold/
PVC, small A class?
Not set in stone yet but I think a pvc is a little too small for me for long term touring. A 6.5 metre a class or low profile coachbuilt is most likely. Preferably a French bed model.
I have a few I'm interested in but I've found a Frankia that fits the bill so I'm viewing that.
Ideally I'd rather have sold franky first but don't want to miss out on potential replacements and I know she will sell at somepoint whether now or start of season. Fortunately I have the funds to buy before I sell. Also makes emptying franky easier lol

Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
Not set in stone yet but I think a pvc is a little too small for me for long term touring. A 6.5 metre a class or low profile coachbuilt is most likely. Preferably a French bed model.
I have a few I'm interested in but I've found a Frankia that fits the bill so I'm viewing that.
Ideally I'd rather have sold franky first but don't want to miss out on potential replacements and I know she will sell at somepoint whether now or start of season. Fortunately I have the funds to buy before I sell. Also makes emptying franky easier lol

Sounds great Tam, our Concorde A class is 6.48 metres and is lovely so far, fingers crossed tightly.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
But far quicker, we live near Brighton over 30 min quicker to go via A23, M23. & M25 even though it's nearly 20 miles further.

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
As @tacr2man said it , unbelievably ,is shorter & aklso far quicker. When I bunged it in expecting the coast route I was amazed & checked a couple of times.
But far quicker, we live near Brighton over 30 min quicker to go via A23, M23. & M25 even though it's nearly 20 miles further.

Yeah I expected to go along the coast but the 3 routes my satnav offered were all up m20 then m25 ...shortest was 2 hours and 7 minutes so I opted for that.

The road surface on that m25 is a joke though I actually pulled over at one point as I thought my wheel nuts had come loose lol

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Viewing that wee Frankia tomorrow
The woman had said they would keep it for me till weekend but ones that size with the full double floor etc at that price range dont come up often so I may as well go view it while I'm down south

The woman who was meant to view franky near Liverpool tomorrow still seems to be nervous about a vehicle this size so.she may just be window shopping and I can't be bothered with it lol ...so I'm gonna cut over to the east and view the wee van.

My gut tells me its the van for me as I spotted it straight after I'd been talking to @Deanobeano last night and I'd said if I could find a 6.5 metre Frankia with a French bed in my price range I'd buy it and 10 minutes later one was advertised.

I have first refusal on it at least so we will see

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Incidentally ....franky says she didn't like the guy from Southampton...she wants an owner that's excited and happy to have her and he had a personality of a gerbil ....she deserves better.

She also says @tonka looks sod all like his avatar pic and shes dissapointed about that but she'd consider him as an owner if he goes to the gym at least twice a week :p

Jade likes everyone ...but she's like that

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back