Tam, Jade and Franky's European Adventure (4 Viewers)

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
So I left mailleraye sur mer around 2.30 today ....got all jades worming and passport thing sorted out this morning at the vets and had a good blether and a laugh with @Just smiffy who's gonna be bumming it ( :p ) round Spain and Portugal for a few months ....im jealous lol :p
I also have van envy his hymer is really lovely inside if I wasn't wanting to go older and cheaper I'd love a van like that.

Met a lovely couple originally from Glasgow who full time in their 1993 Merc hymer who kindly let me have a look around it as I do like the old classic ones but haven't ever been in one. They also gave me a few contact details for event companies which I hadn't considered before but actually sounds a perfect way for me to get more casual work that I may actually enjoy doing and still give me the ability to live in the van and move around a bit so I'm actually quite excited about that and going to look in to it when I'm home.

So I drove a couple of hours up the road and I'm now in a town called abeville...which isn't that exciting to be honest but only an hours drive from montreuil where @Just smiffy reccomended so I'm going to go there in the morning for a look around and probably stay there overnight then up to cite europe on Sunday.

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
Have a good trip home tam and hope it all goes well when you get there.... see you again soon..(y)

Ps. I keep falling down the holes your “looks like a dog but thinks it’s a rabbit” dug.... In fact I think I can see water at the bottom of one....:oops:

I’ll fill it up with my black waste....:LOL::ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Have a good trip home tam and hope it all goes well when you get there.... see you again soon..(y)

Ps. I keep falling down the holes your “looks like a dog but thinks it’s a rabbit” dug.... In fact I think I can see water at the bottom of one....:oops:

I’ll fill it up which my black waste....:LOL::ROFLMAO:
Yeah she did a lot of digging those two days lol ...most she's done since the beach in roquetas...she probably did it deliberately hoping you'd get stuck she is evil sometimes
20180420_221756.jpg

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 2, 2015
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Burstner Solano t725
Exp
since 2014
Evening Tam, If do stop off at Montreuil sur Mer tomorrow, there is a lovely circular walk round the Ramparts (Montreuil is an old fortified town) BUT please be careful with Jade as there are some severe drops if she is off the lead...

photo1jpg.jpg

If you are staying on the Aire in the town, there are only about 6 marked out pitches that are often full, but we have often used the old Aire next door which is the parking/turning for the school buses but Sat night/Sunday am shouldn't be a problem.

Also watch out you don't get committed to taking the Peage (A16) from the A28 (Red Circle)
If you go on to the D1001 (Green Circle) this is a nice alternative which shadows the Peage back to Boulogne with some nice villages to stop for lunch.

Untitled.jpg

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Evening Tam, If do stop off at Montreuil sur Mer tomorrow, there is a lovely circular walk round the Ramparts (Montreuil is an old fortified town) BUT please be careful with Jade as there are some severe drops if she is off the lead...

View attachment 258494

If you are staying on the Aire in the town, there are only about 6 marked out pitches that are often full, but we have often used the old Aire next door which is the parking/turning for the school buses but Sat night/Sunday am shouldn't be a problem.

Also watch out you don't get committed to taking the Peage (A16) from the A28 (Red Circle)
If you go on to the D1001 (Green Circle) this is a nice alternative which shadows the Peage back to Boulogne with some nice villages to stop for lunch.

View attachment 258501

Yeah @Just smiffy had filled me in about the drops etc for jade and the aire (y)

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
So I left mailleraye sur mer around 2.30 today ....got all jades worming and passport thing sorted out this morning at the vets and had a good blether and a laugh with @Just smiffy who's gonna be bumming it ( :p ) round Spain and Portugal for a few months ....im jealous lol :p
I also have van envy his hymer is really lovely inside if I wasn't wanting to go older and cheaper I'd love a van like that.

Met a lovely couple originally from Glasgow who full time in their 1993 Merc hymer who kindly let me have a look around it as I do like the old classic ones but haven't ever been in one. They also gave me a few contact details for event companies which I hadn't considered before but actually sounds a perfect way for me to get more casual work that I may actually enjoy doing and still give me the ability to live in the van and move around a bit so I'm actually quite excited about that and going to look in to it when I'm home.

So I drove a couple of hours up the road and I'm now in a town called abeville...which isn't that exciting to be honest but only an hours drive from montreuil where @Just smiffy reccomended so I'm going to go there in the morning for a look around and probably stay there overnight then up to cite europe on Sunday.
If your in Abbeville have a drive into St Valery in the morning,,,Nice,,BUSBY,,

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Well I've spent the day at montreuil ....hate to say it to those that love it but I found it a bit dull lol.
Maybe it's just because I've seen so many lovely towns over the last few months.

The aire is a bit neglected too sadly but hey ho we had a nice walk around the ramparts and a look round the market.

Mum's back in hospital again today ...still in a lot of pain :( ...

So when I get of the tunnel I'm heading to Southport to let this guy from gumtree have a look at it and then probably stay overnight somewhere between there and Stafford. Then Tuesday I've someone from here wanting to view it and then a couple up near Liverpool. ..depending how long that takes I'll be home Tuesday night late on or sometime on Wednesday.

Oct 27, 2017
Scotland/Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer (T class GT)
Exp
12months
Hmm, nearly Goodbye then Tam. I'll miss this thread (and your argumentative inclinations ):cry:.
I hope you keep the UK version of it going and keep us updated with Jade's discoveries and adventures til you're off on your travels again and ready to keep us all amused with the next instalment.
I sincerely hope that your Mum is able to be made comfortable and kept that way.
Good luck and happy travels to you and your little mate.

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Hmm, nearly Goodbye then Tam. I'll miss this thread (and your argumentative inclinations ):cry:.
I hope you keep the UK version of it going and keep us updated with Jade's discoveries and adventures til you're off on your travels again and ready to keep us all amused with the next instalment.
I sincerely hope that your Mum is able to be made comfortable and kept that way.
Good luck and happy travels to you and your little mate.
Not goodbye I'll still be here just not in Europe for a while ha ha.

Bit I'm still hoping to get out again next year just have to sort mum out first

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Yes, sorry to heat that Mum is back in again. Hopefully not for too long.
Think they just need to sort out a proper pain relief for her which is difficult as she's allergic to quite a few

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
Not goodbye I'll still be here just not in Europe for a while ha ha.

Bit I'm still hoping to get out again next year just have to sort mum out first

I thought England Scotland and Wales was in Europe....:D2

Hope your mums get sorted Tam... you’ll be there soon, with that on your mind lovely old French towns will lose
their appeal..... sooner or later you’ll be back out...

May 10, 2017
hampshire
Funster No
MH
Knauss Sun I
Exp
new
Tam, just a note of caution avoid the Itchen toll bridge in Southampton. Price will give you palpitations

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
I thought England Scotland and Wales was in Europe....:D2

Hope your mums get sorted Tam... you’ll be there soon, with that on your mind lovely old French towns will lose
their appeal..... sooner or later you’ll be back out...
Well at the minute anyway till the crazy people of the country get there wish.
But yeah I'll be back on the road soon ...even if it's just around UK for a while

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
She's 74 but seems to have gone right down hill in the last year .....
I’ve recently turned 70 and yesterday my daughter said “I never used to think of you as old but now you are 70, I do”!:cry::cry::(

Told by optician on Tuesday I’ve got cataracts,

I don’t like being old!:(:(

Safe crossing and journey home and I hope you have a lovely reunion with your Mum. I bet she can’t wait to get her arms around you.

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
I’ve recently turned 70 and yesterday my daughter said “I never used to think of you as old but now you are 70, I do”!:cry::cry::(

Safe crossing and journey home and I hope you have a lovely reunion with your Mum. I bet she can’t wait to get her arms around you.
My mum had her cataracts done a couple of years back ...unfortunately she has other eye problems and has to get weekly injections in to them.

I'm not sure I want old age lol

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Is it Monday you are crossing and are you hammering straight down to Southampton?
If so you won't be able to stop off for a wash as we will only be at home on Thursday & Friday. Up north at the moment.

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better

upload_2018-9-29_20-28-36.jpeg

So this is a very good colour picture in your twenties or it’s your daughter....?

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Is it Monday you are crossing and are you hammering straight down to Southampton?
If so you won't be able to stop off for a wash as we will only be at home on Thursday & Friday. Up north at the moment.
Yeah I get off train around 12 or 1 and plan to go straight to Southampton ....van isn't looking to bad just now so it will be fine lenny but thanks for the offer.

If the guy can't see past a bit of road dirt etc then it can't be helped , considering I've been living in this full time for 12 months now its pretty clean and tidy :)

Edit

I actually get off the train at 11.35 lol I forgot it was a time machine

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back