Stopsy - Additional Stop Point For Van Sliding Door With Discount Code (1 Viewer)

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Ordered this Stopsy http://wohnmobil-caravan-zubehoer-s...y-Tuerstopper-Kastenwagen-Schiebetuer::1.html to add an extra additional stainless steel stop point for the sliding door on our van conversion - much as we love the door wide open on sunny days there are times when we just want it partially open & tried the tennis ball in the runner trick suggested on the forum but doesn't work well enough for us, especially when on a slope, so wanted this as a more effective solution.
Not cheap but know a few Funsters who have added this accessory & rate it highly so we contacted the manufacturer who agreed a 10% discount code for members 10MHfun2018 which will be valid until the end of December - might be useful for anyone who might like this too. It took 5 days to arrive from Germany with Signed For post.

1_0.jpg

1.jpg

This small manufacturing company also make a stainless steel drip guard "Regsy" for over the door but they are unable to post that to the UK.

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Photo from web of Stopsy fitted:

LudwigII_32_Bildgr%C3%B6%C3%9Fe%20%C3%A4ndern.JPG

Will add photos of ours once we get around to doing it.

Old Rascal

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 9, 2013
Nailsea
Funster No
MH
Sunliving V65SL
Exp
Since 2012
Hi @Wombles,
It looks really good, I'm interested to know how you get on with it.
Have you fitted it yet? If so, how easy was it to fit?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Hi @Wombles,
It looks really good, I'm interested to know how you get on with it.
Have you fitted it yet? If so, how easy was it to fit?
It only arrived today so not yet but is in the queue with quite a few other items :giggle:
It looks neat with simple instructions - using Google Translate:
"In 5 minutes you also have a little more luxury in your RV.
With 3 steps the Stopsy © -Set can be retrofitted. You only have to

Degrease adhesive surface
Fix Stopsy © in position with "Sticks & Seals"
Let it dry for 24 hours
the installation of your Stopsy © doorstop is ready "

So permanently fixed but no drilling.

Old Rascal

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 9, 2013
Nailsea
Funster No
MH
Sunliving V65SL
Exp
Since 2012
[QUOTE="This small manufacturing company also make a stainless steel drip guard "Regsy" for over the door but they are unable to post that to the UK.[/QUOTE]

The "Regsy" looks good as well. Shame they do not do a postal delivery.:(

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Wish I spoke German - or at least understood it!!
Google Translate is our friend :) You wouldn't believe how much we have copy & pasted for translation with buying a van from Germany too!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
[QUOTE="This small manufacturing company also make a stainless steel drip guard "Regsy" for over the door but they are unable to post that to the UK.

The "Regsy" looks good as well. Shame they do not do a postal delivery.:([/QUOTE]
We thought so too but definitely not an option - they are a small manufacturing company & just use post to send items & can imagine even with a courier it would be difficult to pack it well enough to avoid damage.

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
When we had our Kemerton we just wedged a tennis ball in the bottom runners at whatever point we wanted the door open to.
We did try that but even on our driveway (as it's on a slight slope) the ball kept popping out & the door nearly injured me one time so hopefully this will work better & be a bit safer.
Also searched on this & other forums & online for other DIY options but Stopsy was the best that we found.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
For anyone thinking of buying the Stopsy from Germany or anything else from abroad - as well as using a credit card that is zero rated for charges if using Paypal (we do for Buyer Protection) then make sure you click & change it to paying in Euros for your card rate as the Paypal which it defaults to is not competitive. Alternatively just use a credit card but no protection under £100. Found dealing with the manufacturers of Stopsy absolutely fine & very responsive to emails but that is not always the case when buying abroad.

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Here's a simple guide to ordering Stopsy as it is a bit confusing especially when the confirmation that the discount code is applied comes up in red but translates as that it has been applied!

1. Website link http://wohnmobil-caravan-zubehoer-s...y-Tuerstopper-Kastenwagen-Schiebetuer::1.html
2. Click on Ind Den Warenkorb to add to basket which then also takes you to the checkout page.
3. Copy & paste or type discount code 10MHfun2018 in the box in this section on the web page down below the Paypal button then on Gutschein einlosen to apply it

Ihr Guthabenkonto
Gutschein/Coupon erfolgreich eingelöst, ... Details zu Ihrem Gutschein/Coupon

Sie haben einen Gutschein/Coupon erhalten, und möchten ihn gerne einlösen?

Gutschein-/Couponcode:

4. A red message will flash up & if it says this it means the code has been applied:
"Ihr Coupon wurde erfolgreich eingebucht und wird bei Ihrer Bestellung automatisch eingelöst"
5. Click on Paypal checkout button - as mentioned above ideally use a credit card that is zero rated for charges then make sure you click & change it to paying in Euros for your card rate as the Paypal which it defaults to is not competitive. Checkout total should look like this:

Produkte Artikelnummer Anzahl Preis Summe
1_0.jpg

Stopsy © Türstopper Kastenwagen Schiebetür »Details ST1000 1 34,95 EUR 34,95 EUR
Zwischensumme: 34,95 EUR
Rabatt Coupons 10MHfun2018: -3,50 EUR
Versandkosten nach Zonen (Versand nach: GB : 3 kg): 15,00 EUR
inkl. MwSt. 19%: 5,02 EUR
Summe: 46,45 EU

That should be it & you will get email confirmation of your order. We got ours in 5 days & it was Signed For post.

Hope that helps all those who have messaged us about this or who are planning on ordering.

Last edited:

gerry mcg

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2016
Glasgow, Scotland
Funster No
MH
Globecar 600L Revn
Exp
since 2016
A plastic furniture block at 2 pence does the job.
View attachment 266204

And a double one fixed further along will stop the door from opening too wide
That looks like a permanent fixing?
The advantage of the stopsy is that it allows an intermediate stopping point at a user defined point on the opening track, which can be overcome with a strong pull, to open the door past the stopsy, to fully open the sliding door or close it.
I have one and think it is great ;)

Sep 26, 2013
Market Rasen
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2003
That looks like a permanent fixing?
The advantage of the stopsy is that it allows an intermediate stopping point at a user defined point on the opening track, which can be overcome with a strong pull, to open the door past the stopsy, to fully open the sliding door or close it.
I have one and think it is great ;)
No you lift up the handle and the door mechanism clears it going both ways, works very well and much cheaper.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
I posted comments on another thread which had the Stopsy mention on it:

Looking at it IMV it wouldn't be difficult to make a 'double bump' plate myself of some sort myself ... I've had a look at other people's take on this and some simply use a piece of flat alloy and cut a slot in it then file the 2 ends of the plate and the slot to form little 'ramps', this allows the top roller to glide over the end of the place and drop into the slot ... might have a go if I get time before we depart on Saturday!

There are some pictures and more comments here:

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Ordered this Stopsy http://wohnmobil-caravan-zubehoer-s...y-Tuerstopper-Kastenwagen-Schiebetuer::1.html to add an extra additional stainless steel stop point for the sliding door on our van conversion - much as we love the door wide open on sunny days there are times when we just want it partially open & tried the tennis ball in the runner trick suggested on the forum but doesn't work well enough for us, especially when on a slope, so wanted this as a more effective solution.
Not cheap but know a few Funsters who have added this accessory & rate it highly so we contacted the manufacturer who agreed a 10% discount code for members 10MHfun2018 which will be valid until the end of December - might be useful for anyone who might like this too. It took 5 days to arrive from Germany with Signed For post.

1_0.jpg

1.jpg

This small manufacturing company also make a stainless steel drip guard "Regsy" for over the door but they are unable to post that to the UK.
Yay - we finally got around to fixing our Stopsy! When we bought it the weather changed & got very cold so thought it best to wait until warmer to ensure the adhesive took well. For anyone who bought one previously & also hasn't fitted it yet be aware that the adhesive is excellent stuff but does have an expiry date which for us was May. No photos of it fitted yet as did it with the door past the fixing position then shut the door as have to allow 24 hours before use - suggest having an extra pair of hands to stop the door from rolling back if you can. Very simple & easy to fit - clean surfaces with meths, apply adhesive to Stopsy & press into place cleaning off any excess straight away. Most difficult was us agreeing how big the opening should be - it was about 48cm in the end as that lines up with the end of the kitchen unit & is just big enough for us both to step out easily. There's still enough distance to swing the sliding door to close properly too.
Have asked the manufacturer for a discount code again for this year just in case anyone wants one of these handy things :)

Last edited:
OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Stopsy manufacturer has kindly agreed a new discount code for Funsters 10MHfun2019-Alan from now until 30th June (y)

Nov 22, 2018
Mansfield
Funster No
MH
S and L Apollo
Exp
Since 2018
Hi,
I like the idea of being able to stop the sliding door on my camper part way, making it secure both ways but not parting with cash for a 'stopsy'.' My cost next to nothing solution is a small section of the inner sleeve of a length of co ax cable cut into two (more or less equal lengths) and placed appropriately spaced on the sticky side of a length of good quality duck tape and then, turned over, placed on the top roller guide. The coax sleeve, with wire removed, is flexible but sufficiently firm to do the job, returning to shape after the roller has passed over it. I'm impressed anyway!!

Attachments

• 15584510506013509072108127996892.jpg
    15584510506013509072108127996892.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 169
OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
We considered lots & tried a couple of DIY options & most will work to some extent when level but when on a slope the tennis ball popped out under pressure & I narrowly avoided being hurt by the heavy sliding door :eek: then again with a squash ball we decided to buy Stopsy & so far it has been very secure even on slopes.

Locoman

Free Member
Mar 14, 2016
Mid Devon (UK)
Funster No
MH
Swift Select 184
Exp
Since 1982
For anyone thinking of ordering a "Stopsy" Aug/Sept 2019, I have recently ordered one, and had an email back from the company in Germany to say that there is at present a 3 week delay in dispatch due to the business owner / manufacturer suddenly being taken ill and in Hospital. He hopes to be out within 3 weeks and resume sending out orders

Mistajim

Free Member
Dec 23, 2019
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
This year
OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Don't know if this allowed... I have been keeping a close eye on this product as well as one similar from the States.
I find them expensive but really needed one so have had some made in the UK for a much more reasonable price. I call it Stay-Put, if anyone is interested, this is the link to my listing on eBay.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/710-...0001&campid=5338547443&icep_item=124108931337
Looks interesting but not much difference in price - can you do a special Funster price for anyone interested?
Have you found it secure enough on steep inclines? Is the alloy as durable as stainless steel?

Mistajim

Free Member
Dec 23, 2019
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
This year
In testing we found it to be more than adequate on the inclines. If your glass of wine begins to slide though, I perhaps wouldn't trust it ?
Aerospace grade alloy is very durable.
Price wise I believe it to be very competitive, especially factoring in the postage charges. The American equivalent is $73 !
I believe I am supplying a more comprehensive fitment kit also. For Funsters I'll happily offer the complete package for £33 but DM me first.

Feb 12, 2018
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral 600SL
Exp
Since 2017
Thanks Mistajim . My order at MHFun discount price has arrived. The kit, with cleaning/adhesive etc looks comprehensive and an easy DIY job. As the MoHo is back in storage, I think it may be some time before I get around to fitting. With the CV-19 restrictions, I am not expecting to make any use of our MoHo any time soon.:(

Mistajim

Free Member
Dec 23, 2019
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
This year
Thanks Mistajim . My order at MHFun discount price has arrived. The kit, with cleaning/adhesive etc looks comprehensive and an easy DIY job. As the MoHo is back in storage, I think it may be some time before I get around to fitting. With the CV-19 restrictions, I am not expecting to make any use of our MoHo any time soon.:(

Thanks Brian. I'm sure you will find the product does exactly as it says on the tin.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back