Motorhome & PVC Modding - Accessories & Discount Codes

Discussion in 'Motorhome Accessories' started by Wombles, Oct 4, 2018.

1. Wombles

Wombles Funster

Ratings:
    +5,101
    Clever idea & design - like the name too :)

2. Wombles

Wombles Funster

Ratings:
    +5,101
    Another new toy has just arrived from Germany :nod: that we ordered five days ago - the Stopsy http://wohnmobil-caravan-zubehoer-s...y-Tuerstopper-Kastenwagen-Schiebetuer::1.html
    Not cheap but know a few Funsters who have this & rate it highly so we contacted the manufacturer who agreed a 10% discount code for members 10MHfun2018 which will be valid until the end of December so maybe an ideal Xmas present for your van too?!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This is to add an extra additional stainless steel stop point for the sliding door on van conversions - much as we love the door wide open on sunny days there are times when we just want it partially open & tried the tennis ball in the runner trick suggested on the forum but doesn't work well enough especially when on a slope so wanted this as a more effective solution.
    This small manufacturing company also make a stainless steel drip guard "Regsy" for over the door but they are unable to post that to the UK.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2018 at 9:48 PM
  3. Wombles

Wombles Funster

Ratings:
    +5,101
    Photo from web of Stopsy fitted:

[​IMG]

Will add photos of ours once we get around to doing it.

4. RogerThat

RogerThat Funster Life Member

Ratings:
    +1,254
    Interesting....

How does this work @Wombles ?

Going by the pictures I bond this at a chosen location in the top runner of the door frame, then I open the door and slide it back. When it gets to this point it stops opening and just sits there?

Can I pull the handle again to then open the door fully? and similarly simply pull the handle to release from the mid-open point and bring the door closed?

Does it have to be dead-centre in the top runner channel? Or could I bond it at the 3/4 point for example?

Sorry for all the questions :)

5. Wombles

Wombles Funster

Ratings:
    +5,101
    Have answered your questions as we understand it with replies above but we haven't fitted ours yet so perhaps @gerry mcg @Box Boy @big bertha :hi: could advise further as they all come up in forum searches as having had Stopsy?

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. RogerThat

Ratings:
    +1,254
    Thanks @Wombles , looks like I shall be having a word with Santa for a stocking filler this year ;)

• Like it Like it x 1
  7. Wombles

Wombles Funster

Ratings:
    +5,101
    (y)
    For anyone thinking of buying the Stopsy from Germany or anything else from abroad - as well as using a credit card that is zero rated for charges if using Paypal (we do for Buyer Protection) then make sure you click & change it to paying in Euros for your card rate as the Paypal which it defaults to is not competitive. Alternatively just use a credit card but no protection under £100. Found dealing with the manufacturers of Stopsy absolutely fine & very responsive to emails but that is not always the case when buying abroad.

8. RogerThat

Ratings:
    +1,254
    Thanks for the code @Wombles I've just used it :D2

FYI anyone else who may be a bit baffled by the shopping experience in German, the "Coupon Code" box is hidden on their web site. Once I'd created an account first, the coupon box then appeared on my "cart" page.

Confusingly, when you enter the code a red warning box appears at the top:

2018-11-08_115624.jpg

I assumed it hadn't worked, turns out that when translated it worked just fine :rolleyes:

As you continue through to the checkout you'll then see the code gets applied in a later step:

2018-11-08_120108.jpg

Thanks again @Wombles (y)(y)

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  9. Wombles

Wombles Funster

Ratings:
    +5,101
    Thank you for the info. (y) - I will add a short guide below too that I have now also added to the main Stopsy thread.

10. Wombles

Wombles Funster

Ratings:
    +5,101
    Here's a simple guide to ordering Stopsy as it is a bit confusing especially as @RogerThat mentioned when the confirmation that the discount code is applied comes up in red but translates as that it has been applied!

1. Website link http://wohnmobil-caravan-zubehoer-s...y-Tuerstopper-Kastenwagen-Schiebetuer::1.html
    2. Click on Ind Den Warenkorb to add to basket which then also takes you to the checkout page.
    3. Copy & paste or type discount code 10MHfun2018 in the box in this section on the web page down below the Paypal button then on Gutschein einlosen to apply it

Ihr Guthabenkonto
    Gutschein/Coupon
    erfolgreich eingelöst, ... Details zu Ihrem Gutschein/Coupon

Sie haben einen Gutschein/Coupon erhalten, und möchten ihn gerne einlösen?

Gutschein-/Couponcode:

4. A red message will flash up & if it says this it means the code has been applied:
    "Ihr Coupon wurde erfolgreich eingebucht und wird bei Ihrer Bestellung automatisch eingelöst"
    5. Click on Paypal checkout button - as mentioned above ideally use a credit card that is zero rated for charges then make sure you click & change it to paying in Euros for your card rate as the Paypal which it defaults to is not competitive. Checkout total should look like this:

Produkte Artikelnummer Anzahl Preis Summe
    [​IMG]
    Stopsy © Türstopper Kastenwagen Schiebetür »Details ST1000 1 34,95 EUR 34,95 EUR
    Zwischensumme: 34,95 EUR
    Rabatt Coupons 10MHfun2018: -3,50 EUR
    Versandkosten nach Zonen (Versand nach: GB : 3 kg): 15,00 EUR
    inkl. MwSt. 19%: 5,02 EUR
    Summe: 46,45 EU

That should be it & you will get email confirmation of your order. We got ours in 5 days & it was Signed For post.

Hope that helps all those who have messaged us about this or who are planning on ordering.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2018 at 12:52 PM
  11. ludo

ludo Funster Life Member

Ratings:
    +1,277
    How does it actually work Karen? Am I right in thinking that the "door roller" simply rolls over one of the raised bars, (sleeping policeman), and than sits between the 2 raised bars? Then, to close the door you push the roller over one of the bars?

12. Wombles

Wombles Funster

Ratings:
    +5,101
    That's how we understand it too (y) but not fitted it yet to try it out - hopefully those Funsters on the forum who already have it fitted can confirm this. Have met quite a few motorhomer on rallies & trips who have had this fitted & love it but they are not necessarily ones on the forum.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2018 at 3:36 PM
    • Like it Like it x 1
  13. ludo

ludo Funster Life Member

Ratings:
    +1,277
    Thank you Karen.

• Like it Like it x 1
  14. Minxy Girl

Minxy Girl Funster Life Member

Ratings:
    +29,641
    Looking at it IMV it wouldn't be difficult to make a 'double bump' plate myself of some sort myself ... I've had a look at other people's take on this and some simply use a piece of flat alloy and cut a slot in it then file the 2 ends of the plate and the slot to form little 'ramps', this allows the top roller to glide over the end of the place and drop into the slot ... might have a go if I get time before we depart on Saturday!

15. ludo

ludo Funster Life Member

Ratings:
    +1,277
  16. Minxy Girl

Minxy Girl Funster Life Member

Ratings:
    +29,641
    No diagram but some images of what others have done which I think are self explanatory:

24679-a267afdf93067fd2d4c660c64e0832de.jpg 24680-610c809109ea0a812b2bb48bc78a2ac6.jpg 24686-98bfa9d9940ea2a915f192f7b55d2b2d.jpg download.jpg

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  17. Wombles

Wombles Funster

Ratings:
    +5,101
    Just remembered that the front cab mats that we have fitted are also from Germany! :roflmto: Our PVC is left hand drive & came with some carpet mats but prefer rubber ones that can be wiped clean & not surprisingly we had trouble finding LHD versions from UK sellers so bought these Omac ones https://www.ebay.de/itm/192450716146 for €34.90 including delivery. They are in two sections & fit quite well after a little trimming around the captain seat bases & are a rubber & vinyl mix so no rubbery smell. Like the raised edge as well which should help contain any liquids like spilt coffee or melted snow.

DSCF7784.JPG

DSCF7785.JPG

Just a tiny bit needed trimming off & easy to cut with scissors - the cut edge tucks under the seat bases so looks neat. Best to cut off less than looks necessary & do more gradually whilst trying it in position & suddenly it's just the right fit & snug enough not to move at all.

DSCF7783.JPG

Last edited: Nov 9, 2018 at 1:02 AM
  18. Box Boy

Box Boy Funster

Ratings:
    +100
    Installed the 'Stopsy'. Quite easy. It can be placed anywhere on the top rail. Ours is set for one person to get in or out but can be shorter to aid drafts for cooking etc. It works well also if on a slight slope but you lose the smooth run when fully open/shut. A little noisey too and a bit expensive after postage & packing.
    Brian

• Thanks Thanks x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  19. Wombles

Wombles Funster

Ratings:
    +5,101
    Thank you for the feedback (y)

20. RogerThat

Ratings:
    +1,254
    Thanks @Box Boy

I was wondering what effect this would have on the closing ability of the door?

My door weighs an absolute ton and I need a serious runup to get it to shut.

If I hold the handle while sliding the door, will it glide past the Stopsy, or will it still latch on?