Stopsy - Additional Stop Point For Van Sliding Door With Discount Code | Page 2 | MotorhomeFun | The Motorhome Support and Social Network

Stopsy - Additional Stop Point For Van Sliding Door With Discount Code

Feb 18, 2018
Funster No
Anyone else fitted either Stopsy or Stay-Put? Do they allow you to easily have the door fully open? That’s my default and I love it but when it’s really windy I need to shield the gas and end up closing the door completely but I really prefer it open ... one of the bonuses of the sliding door ... Wombles I don’t suppose there’s a current discount code?

Mar 23, 2018
East Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 1995 + 20Yrs a 'Tugger' first.
Made my own Stopsy out of 20mm x 20mm x 2mm aluminium angle. Just put a really smooth 'ramp' on the back and front with a dremmel and it works really well. Stuck to the rail with double sided tape. Can easily push it past the centre stop to open the door fully when required.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Minxy Girl

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Cmpct i-138
Exp
Since 1996 we've had Elddis, Swift, Rapido, Rimor, Chausson MHs and Autocruise & Globecar PVCs
Anyone else fitted either Stopsy or Stay-Put? Do they allow you to easily have the door fully open? That’s my default and I love it but when it’s really windy I need to shield the gas and end up closing the door completely but I really prefer it open ... one of the bonuses of the sliding door ... Wombles I don’t suppose there’s a current discount code?
Use a tennis ball and a 'wind deflector' for your cooker ... we have one that came with a previous MH which wasn't needed as it had been upgraded to include a full cooker (the deflector was for use with a basic hob) so we kept it and it has proved to be extremely useful over the years in our campers and motorhomes with the hobs next to the hab door/sliding door, we still use it in our Carthago.

Ours is simply 2 pieces of aluminium plate, about 18" x 10", 'hinged' on the short side and we just stand it up so it runs along the rear and side of the cooker nearest the door, we don't actually need it to be 2 full pieces as we have a glass cooker lid to protect the rear but it works as we need it to so no point in cutting it down.

If it's not clear what I'm referring to, something like the wind deflectors you get on camping stoves would work - see below:

1595439404864.png 1595439345660.png

You can actually buy 3 sided ones which might be the right size:

Amazon product

There are also the multi-plate folding ones too - they come in various sizes, example below:

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/710-...0001&campid=5338547443&icep_item=264646632662

May 8, 2011
God's county. North Yorkshire.
Funster No
MH
IH Tio 630 RL
Exp
Since April 1846 but have always camped.
Use a tennis ball and a 'wind deflector' for your cooker ... we have one that came with a previous MH which wasn't needed as it had been upgraded to include a full cooker (the deflector was for use with a basic hob) so we kept it and it has proved to be extremely useful over the years in our campers and motorhomes with the hobs next to the hab door/sliding door, we still use it in our Carthago.

Ours is simply 2 pieces of aluminium plate, about 18" x 10", 'hinged' on the short side and we just stand it up so it runs along the rear and side of the cooker nearest the door, we don't actually need it to be 2 full pieces as we have a glass cooker lid to protect the rear but it works as we need it to so no point in cutting it down.

If it's not clear what I'm referring to, something like the wind deflectors you get on camping stoves would work - see below:

View attachment 409214 View attachment 409213

You can actually buy 3 sided ones which might be the right size:

Amazon product

There are also the multi-plate folding ones too - they come in various sizes, example below:

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/710-...0001&campid=5338547443&icep_item=264646632662
Have you only got 2 rings in your Carthago? asking for a friend. :rofl:

Oct 29, 2008
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
since 2008
Why does the stopsy need a back plate, surely one flat plate with the 2 bumps would work if sikaflexed down?

Minxy Girl

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Cmpct i-138
Exp
Since 1996 we've had Elddis, Swift, Rapido, Rimor, Chausson MHs and Autocruise & Globecar PVCs
Have you only got 2 rings in your Carthago? asking for a friend. :rofl:
???? We have a 3 ring hob with split glass cover ... the wind deflector also comes in useful to prevent hubby splattering the wallboard when he's cooking! :giggle:

1595441137829.png

Mar 23, 2018
East Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 1995 + 20Yrs a 'Tugger' first.
Why does the stopsy need a back plate, surely one flat plate with the 2 bumps would work if sikaflexed down?
If you use Sikaflex or double sided tape on the bottom only of the DIY Stopsy it becomes too thick and the rollers realy 'clunk' over it.

Mar 8, 2016
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 2009
I assume the Stopsy is still available to buy. It’s a German company isn’t it. I am interested in one but not sure how simple they are to order.

OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
I assume the Stopsy is still available to buy. It’s a German company isn’t it. I am interested in one but not sure how simple they are to order.
Have a read through the earlier posts on this thread for how to order especially post #12 & right click on most websites brings up "Translate to English" (y)

Friendly professional service from qualified technicians
Rhino Installs
West Country Motorhomes