Stolen from camper uk (1 Viewer)

Apr 13, 2012
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta Euroyacht
Exp
1996, then break 'til 2011
Not all bad....

Son locked his keys in the back of our new transit (slam locks fitted)

Looked up how to break into a tranny on Youtube.....result ! ...(y)(y)

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
I too have a Ford based camper van and I guarantee it will never be stolen!

Tell who ever is smug that the bloke that has fitted more motorhome alarms than anyone else over the last 30 years AND another bloke that has written the definitive guide to motorhome security and is consulted by just about everyone in the Industry from the SAS to the WI on personal security both own Fords!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Whether they are the most nicked or not isn't why I wouldn't buy a Ford motorhome

It's because transits are crap , they rust worse than any other van , Ford doesn't protect the underside of them and every transit van I've owned or friends etc have owned needed welding every year from just few years old.

Motorhomes may be a little better but I still wouldn't buy one.

Deneb

Free Member
Oct 20, 2015
Europe
Funster No
MH
PVC
I'm a little sceptical of that video. The device he plugs in to the diagnostic port is just a Bluetooth OBD communicator that facilitates a connection between the vehicle and another Bluetooth enabled device.

I'm not saying that there aren't devices out there which can bypass Sevel immobilisers, as there clearly are now. But without showing what he's using to connect through it, it could be that he's taped the original key, or the transponder from it, somewhere out of sight near the ignition lock.

Anyone could do that and make a similar video!

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
I'm a little sceptical of that video. The device he plugs in to the diagnostic port is just a Bluetooth OBD communicator that facilitates a connection between the vehicle and another Bluetooth enabled device.

I'm not saying that there aren't devices out there which can bypass Sevel immobilisers, as there clearly are now. But without showing what he's using to connect through it, it could be that he's taped the original key, or the transponder from it, somewhere out of sight near the ignition lock.

Anyone could do that and make a similar video!
It isn't straight up, you can see that the van has been hacked about, entry? undoubtedly, started? unlikely given that there was no interaction with the device plugged into the OBD port

Still wouldn't defeat my Non StarterTM system anyway :cool:

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
Whether they are the most nicked or not isn't why I wouldn't buy a Ford motorhome

It's because transits are crap , they rust worse than any other van , Ford doesn't protect the underside of them and every transit van I've owned or friends etc have owned needed welding every year from just few years old.

Motorhomes may be a little better but I still wouldn't buy one.
I wouldn't know about that I buy new ones all the time. It is the funny little engines and front wheel drive that put me off yours

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
I wouldn't know about that I buy new ones all the time. It is the funny little engines and front wheel drive that put me off yours
I'd never buy a new vehicle if any make

I leave losing money to other people , I buy them use them and sell them for more

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
I'd never buy a new vehicle if any make

I leave losing money to other people , I buy them use them and sell them for more
It helps me keep my tax bill in the tens of thousands and i dont have to put up with whiney little engines and funny little front wheel drive getting stuck on moist moss

But so long as your happy with your lot (y)

We can't all achieve ;)

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
It helps me keep my tax bill in the tens of thousands and i dont have to put up with whiney little engines and funny little front wheel drive getting stuck on moist moss

We can't all achieve ;)
Jees must have really hit a nerve with you lol

Couldnt be happier ....

Apr 13, 2012
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta Euroyacht
Exp
1996, then break 'til 2011
We can't all achieve ;)

............but Fiats, Renaults, and most other MHs are front wheel drive............

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
Jees must have really hit a nerve with you lol

Couldnt be happier ....
Nope if you want to play real life 'Top Trumps'

I'm your Huckleberry

In the meantime we havent even started talking about Sport Cars and Boats

In the meantime, just so you know, I would.never, ever, dream of belittling someone elses motorhome

Unless they pick on other people

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Nope if you want to play real life 'Top Trumps'

I'm your Huckleberry

In the meantime we havent even started talking about Sport Cars and Boats

In the meantime, just so you know, I would.never, ever, dream of belittling someone elses motorhome

Unless they pick on other people
Pmsl

You must be under the impression anyone wants it :)

Some of us need wealth to be happy others really don't :)

And just for the record I wasn't picking on anyone.......bar the ford motor company for producing rusty poorly secured pieces of crap for the last 25 years.

The rest was just your ego......which is over enlarged

I'm quite content with my lot , I want for nothing in fact everyday in working on having less

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
Pmsl

You must be under the impression anyone wants it :)

Some of us need wealth to be happy others really don't :)

And just for the record I wasn't picking on anyone.......bar the ford motor company for producing rusty poorly secured pieces of crap for the last 25 years.

The rest was just your ego......which is over enlarged

I'm quite content with my lot , I want for nothing in fact everyday in working on having less
Ok Excellent, if your going to stop insulting peoples motorhome choices I accept your apology

Ford, Fiat, Mercedes, Renault

We are all in the same boat

Aren't we?

The angst should be directed at the dealers and the manufacturers not other members

I'll be on the VB stand hall 12 stand 75 to happily discuss what we can do together to move forward

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Ok Excellent, if your going to stop insulting peoples motorhome choices I accept your apology

Ford, Fiat, Mercedes, Renault

We are all in the same boat

Aren't we?

The angst should be directed at the dealers and the manufacturers not other members

I'll be on the VB stand hall 12 stand 75 to happily discuss what we can do together to move forward
I wasn't apologising

I have no need to apologise

You show me where I insulted anyone's motorhome ?

My post said

"NorthernraiderFunster Whether they are the most nicked or not isn't why I wouldn't buy a Ford motorhome It's because transits are crap , they rust worse than any other van , Ford doesn't protect the underside of them and every transit van I've owned or friends etc have owned needed welding every year from just few years old. Motorhomes may be a little better but I still wouldn't buy one. "

I've had 3 transit vans an 03 a 08 and a 2012
The 2012 needed 2 sills at 4 years old 60000miles.
I've an mot inspector mate he hates mot'ing transits.

They rely on the fact that fleet companies are loyal too them and get away with producing thousands on a reputation built on earlier vans and now produce crap.

I wouldn't buy one because I don't want the headache , not do I want to have to jump through the hoops the insurance companies require these days to insure one.

From what I saw the only person insulting other folks motorhomes was you

Aswell as stroking your own ego and sounding like that stupid character from Harry Enfield

I learned years back that folk who like to brag about wealth or sports cars etc are usually over compensating:)

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
I wasn't apologising

I have no need to apologise

You show me where I insulted anyone's motorhome ?

My post said

"NorthernraiderFunster Whether they are the most nicked or not isn't why I wouldn't buy a Ford motorhome It's because transits are crap , they rust worse than any other van , Ford doesn't protect the underside of them and every transit van I've owned or friends etc have owned needed welding every year from just few years old. Motorhomes may be a little better but I still wouldn't buy one. "

I've had 3 transit vans an 03 a 08 and a 2012
The 2012 needed 2 sills at 4 years old 60000miles.
I've an mot inspector mate he hates mot'ing transits.

They rely on the fact that fleet companies are loyal too them and get away with producing thousands on a reputation built on earlier vans and now produce crap.

I wouldn't buy one because I don't want the headache , not do I want to have to jump through the hoops the insurance companies require these days to insure one.

From what I saw the only person insulting other folks motorhomes was you

Aswell as stroking your own ego and sounding like that stupid character from Harry Enfield

I learned years back that folk who like to brag about wealth or sports cars etc are usually over compensating:)
What ever makes you happy

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
What ever makes you happy
Screenshot_20190109-215638_Google.jpg

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
So i guess that Plato would not have been rude about someone else's Chariot
Once again

Show me where I was rude about anyone's van.

You can't because I wasn't.

But you were.

You were rude about mine.

eddievanbitz
"I wouldn't know about that I buy new ones all the time. It is the funny little engines and front wheel drive that put me off yours"

And probably most of your customers who also have those "funny little engines and front wheel drive" to be honest.

Like I said and @Jim said to someone else earlier in the thread

Maybe because you own a Ford you were a little over sensative.

You then went on off on some tangent about sports cars boats and Mark twain novels like this

Aka as willy compensating

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Where does that target anyone's van?

It targets ford transits

For well known well publicised reasons
A quick look on the transit owners club forum will see several thousand members also complaining that their vans rust.

I did too When I was a member and an owner of a custom transit I couldn't stop rusting

Incidentally I did the same when I had a Merc sprinter that also was a rusty pile of crap

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
It's only rude when you don't quote my whole post

Which was
"Whether they are the most nicked or not isn't why I wouldn't buy a Ford motorhome It's because transits are crap , they rust worse than any other van , Ford doesn't protect the underside of them and every transit van I've owned or friends etc have owned needed welding every year from just few years old. Motorhomes may be a little better but I still wouldn't buy one."

Where you will see I also said " motorhomes may be a little better but I still wouldn't buy one"

Because after 3 rusty transits that really weren't worth that much it kind of puts you off spending 20k or more on a motorhome that you may we have the same issues with.

Perfectly reasonable statement really and I've no idea why you decided to take it so personally.

I'm under no.illusion that fiat is perfect....in fact I tend to avoid fiat cars

But I've not had to weld any of my 7 fiat motorhomes and structural integrity is important to me.

Last edited:
Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
Ford Triton V10 6.8l a proper engine , had two of them (y)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back