Free Member
Aug 24, 2017
East bound & down.
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer 150 I
Exp
Full timing since Dec 2017
They probably realised the build quality was better on the Burstner and thought "that's the one we'll keep"! (y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Hazelnut
Jul 2, 2014
Leeds
Funster No
MH
Ih tio
Exp
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
I only saw it on Facebook the dealer wants people to share

Aug 26, 2008
B&NES
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2007
23 seconds to pick the Boxer cab door lock. Ooer.

That's without damaging anything.

D

Deleted member

Deleted User
Trouble with motorhomes is that most of them all look basically the same, white box with a few muted graphics. I wonder if there’s any advantage to owning one that stands out from the crowd e.g orange or loud graphics, would that discourage thieves?

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
Of course it has a number plate on it, A nice legal one from the ROI with tax and insurance on it as well.
This is going to increase in popularity whe they realise how easy it is to get.. Look in a radius around where it was nicked and it will be stashed up waiting for the tracker it might have, doing its thing leave it a week and go back with th plate to collect it.

Cheshirecat57

Free Member
Feb 3, 2018
Mid Cheshire
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years on and off
As a Ford owner glad they were both presumably Fiat based might stop a few gloaters. At least they were in stock and not someones pride and joy.
Agree
I have a Fiat but get a bit sick of the gloaters

We know Fords get nicked, but that is due to the unusually higher demand for free parts by a particular section of the wider community who we must not mention or offend

bigtwin

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2009
Derby
Funster No
MH
Concorde
Exp
Since 2006
Agree

We know Fords get nicked, but that is due to the unusually higher demand for free parts by a particular section of the wider community who we must not mention or offend

Who, FLTs? :xgrin:

Ian

Zepp

Free Member
Jun 22, 2008
Roaming
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
7 Years
Agree

Its not just fords they can nick any now

Feb 22, 2011
Newcastle under Lyme
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
BTW what's a deleted member ? See above.
What sort of a transgresion does one have to make to gain that status I wonder.

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
Its not just fords they can nick any now

Must look foe all those old smug replies about Fords being so easy to nick and send a copy of this. Looks like an obd port lock would be a good starter and old fashioned basic security. Good news for alarm suppliers!!

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
What sort of a transgresion does one have to make to gain that status I wonder.
Just ask and you'll be deleted. It's a common request when people spit their dummy about something. I'm always happy to oblige. If you're not having fun, why are you here? :D'

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Must look foe all those old smug replies about Fords being so easy to nick

They are the most nicked van on the planet. I'm sure many are glad their motorhome is not based upon one. But how does that make them smug?

Zigisla

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 24, 2015
Gosport, Hants
Funster No
MH
Sunlight A72
Exp
Getting better month by month.
Just ask and you'll be deleted. It's a common request when people spit their dummy about something. I'm always happy to oblige. If you're not having fun, why are you here? :D'
Can you get Un-Deleted if you pick your toys off the floor and put them firmly back in your pram???:cautious:

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
They are the most nicked van on the planet. I'm sure many are glad their motorhome is not based upon one. But how does that make them smug?
Because every time a Ford is nicked they come on here with the same old "another Ford again " etc etc. I suspect they are the most nicked van on the planet (and the most popular) but it looks like the theives maybe nicked them more for demand than ease as they seem to have now sorted out the others just as easily.

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
By the way. I own a Ford too. And a Landrover Defender. 1 & 2 in the most nicked commercials list. :)

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
I've seen that, but I don't see it as smugness, rather people pointing out its yet another Ford. Maybe you are being over sensitive as you own a Ford.
Maybe but I think if I were to reply to the Fiat dashboard/gearbox problems in similar vein I think there would be a few Fiat owners getting niggled!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back