Speeding fine in France, can I ignore it?? (1 Viewer)

gerry mcg

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2016
Glasgow, Scotland
Funster No
MH
Globecar 600L Revn
Exp
since 2016
Can you tell me more, I've used Google translate but only by the keypad. Do you mean point camera at document ?
yes - the camera does a live translate of the text - and you select the boxes the camera identifies and the translation pops up ;) clever.. eh!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Chris, you were clocked by a fixed roadside speed camera. They are heralded in advance by a prominent warning sign with the word "RADAR" and some symbolic waves. The camera is in a big grey box with hi-viz stripes..

I guess this is your go at diplomacy. Less typing if you'd said "go to Specsavers".

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Frank.JPG
For anyone who hasn't met her, take it from me you could not meet a nicer person(y)(y)(y)(y):)

This sums up Frankie...............

Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
She's on a proper on the road re- chargeable ebike (y)

Errrr...... Nope ! I'm on Brigitte Bardot Solex... A JJ's fantasy! He's ever so jealous , my Dad played Babyfoot( sorry don't remember the word for that game , may be Mini foot?) with her. He was with the cinema team in the same hotel than her!

OP
OP
chris burns

chris burns

Funster
May 29, 2014
seaford
Funster No
MH
Nissan Elgrand
Exp
since 1985
Right , I managed to have it bigger and as Chaser just said Parcoto services gave your name to the authorities. So ..no more hope about having them paying for your fine (mind you ..I would have been really surprised!)

So what I suggest as the whole process is in French , I will pay for it. I'm sure DIL will pay me back !
What do you think of this solution? Easy peasy?

NB : you have 46 days starting on the 17/07/2017 and it will still be 90 euros
Hi guys sorry for late reply been a manic week, thank you all for the advise on this, and especially Frankie (you really are a lovely lady) I will private message yourself. Again thanks guys for all the help - and believe it or not I was actually driving so slow that day I can't even believe I went over but lesson learned !! Enjoy the weekend guys and see some of you at the next show :)

Last edited:

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
Just use the details and make sure it WAS YOU in that car at that time. Hire companies might have passed the wrong details. They normally just pay it and charge as the fine is sent to the owner registered to that vehicle not the driver, they do not normally pass the driver details on , just pay it. Check the dates.

Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
Just use the details and make sure it WAS YOU in that car at that time. Hire companies might have passed the wrong details. They normally just pay it and charge as the fine is sent to the owner registered to that vehicle not the driver, they do not normally pass the driver details on , just pay it. Check the dates.

Not to worry , everything is clear . It will soon be paid, waiting for another scan with special number to pay. Chris and I are in touch. TA!

Amicalement

Frankie:)

Oct 5, 2012
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Carado T132
Exp
5 years, feel free to ask me about the Carado!!
It's possible the change of EU law in May now requires the drivers details to be passed on ???

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Oh yes she is.......it's called petrol, you can buy it on the road as opposed to finding a 240V plug socket......

Members of the jury, I ask you to consider anything this witness says as pure imagination or downright lies. In his written statement he clearly wrote "ebike". As I am sure you all know, this is an abbreviation for "electric bicycle" but now he attempts to insult your intelligence by proposing filling an electric bicycle with petrol when it is obvious such an endeavour would result in a conflagration that would destroy anyone so stupid as to do this. I rest my case.

spitfire

Free Member
Oct 13, 2010
Correze France
Funster No
MH
Bavaria
Exp
Since 2003
I would imagine the Entente Cordiale will wane when we say tat ta to our neighbours across the channel and again we can stick two fingers up at their speed camera fines. :moon2::france:
And so it works in reverse I guess

spitfire

Free Member
Oct 13, 2010
Correze France
Funster No
MH
Bavaria
Exp
Since 2003
I would imagine that the French being the French, they have always ignored anything fine wise issued by the UK authorities and stuck two finger up that's if the inept UK authorities have ever sent anything out.
Ah ok I didnt know that . Do you have first hand knowledge of this . Also a bit insulting to the nationality of one of our most helpful members

Two on Tour

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 16, 2016
Near the junction of the A14 and A1, Cambs
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 2010
I've had enough to do with the French in the past to know what their general opinion on any authority is whether to be French or UK.
As to insulting to the nationality of one of our most helpful members, please elaborate as I'm unsure if your referring to a MotorhomeFun member or and EU member.

Oct 5, 2012
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Carado T132
Exp
5 years, feel free to ask me about the Carado!!
Members of the jury, I ask you to consider anything this witness says as pure imagination or downright lies. In his written statement he clearly wrote "ebike". As I am sure you all know, this is an abbreviation for "electric bicycle" but now he attempts to insult your intelligence by proposing filling an electric bicycle with petrol when it is obvious such an endeavour would result in a conflagration that would destroy anyone so stupid as to do this. I rest my case.
You do know I was being ironic......don't you ??

Apr 13, 2012
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta Euroyacht
Exp
1996, then break 'til 2011
Bit confusing.......OP caught speeding ....why question if the fine could be ignored?....... anywhere

I've done it (speeding), most of us have...........paid the fine (and points here)........

My son yesterday received 2 tickets for speeding in a hire car in Mallorca 2 x 100 euros, no points - 50% discount if paid in 20 days (he can pay on line).......his fault, not 'theirs'..........careless/bad luck ?.........doesn't matter...pay up

Oct 27, 2013
Portglenone, Northern Ireland.
Funster No
MH
Elddis Magnum185GT
Exp
Since July 2012
yodeli said:
my Dad played Babyfoot( sorry don't remember the word for that game , may be Mini foot?) with her.

I can remember playing that (I think) about 50 years ago on an exchange school visit with a school in France. The son of the family I stayed with had a lot of mates, all with Solexes, Peugeot etc. mopeds; I was lent a Solex while I was there and we all used to shoot off to a field somewhere with the bikes and a football & have a game while riding the bikes. How we never got killed I will never know! I'm sure it was called babyfoot. Love to bring a Solex back here, but all the hassle of registration, tax, insurance etc it's probably not worth it. Back then, and it still might be the same, you just bought it and rode it. Much simpler!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back