Speeding fine in France, can I ignore it?? (1 Viewer)

chris burns

Funster
May 29, 2014
seaford
Funster No
MH
Nissan Elgrand
Exp
since 1985
After spending 4 hours driving like a snail looking at all the vineyards in Bordeaux I got a dam speeding fine, but the letter is all in French so even if I wanted to pay it I wouldn't know what to do! Does anyone hold any knowledge to wether I can just ignore it or should I pay the fine? It was in a hire car also with Eurocar. Any advice would be great! :)

Chris.

Attachments

• IMG_3946.JPG
    IMG_3946.JPG
    115.4 KB · Views: 354

big map

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 8, 2009
Poole
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2009
And an admin fee. One of our hire vehicles used the Dartford crossing and Europcar charged us £73.00 for the privilege £3.00 for the charge and £70.00 admin fee.

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
I cant see you have any choice but to pay, if it had been your own personal car you might have had a choice, more of a gamble really

As others have said pay what they ask for now or probably a lot more later

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
I would advise paying straight away and would advise taking down your photo which has your name and address. You may have to pm @Jim to to that.
Repost photo blanking out personal details.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

moulin 87

Free Member
Aug 31, 2015
Limousin, France
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Espirit T7150
Exp
After spending 4 hours driving like a snail looking at all the vineyards in Bordeaux I got a dam speeding fine, but the letter is all in French so even if I wanted to pay it I wouldn't know what to do! Does anyone hold any knowledge to wether I can just ignore it or should I pay the fine? It was in a hire car also with Eurocar. Any advice would be great! :)

Chris.

It looks to be the genuine article, I've had a few over the last few years living in France.. Do the details look genuine, date, time and place?

If you decide to pay it, it is easy via the internet and you'll receive a receipt..

It clearly states that if you delay payment the cost will just keep increasing from 90 to 135 to 375 Euros... What the French authorities will do if you continue non payment I've no idea...

gerry mcg

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2016
Glasgow, Scotland
Funster No
MH
Globecar 600L Revn
Exp
since 2016
I got a speeding ticket in Geneva in Jan in a hire car - I think it was EuropeCar? they paid the ticket (and charged an admin fee) and charged my CC from the card given at the time of hire - they don't allow the driver to pay it themselves.

Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
@chris burns
Hi you 2 (lovely as usual Miss Brown! Oh and clap for your wonderful work with Tonic!)

Just give me a few minutes to try and make the pic bigger as I can't read a thing .
May be , in case of no result (my well known knowledge in computering!!!:rolleyes::rolleyes:) send me your letter to
fran.paule@aol.com

Give me the hiring car company name so I can give a call (not to worry I'll give MY name!) and see if they do pay the bill for you.
Usually you have a whole month by internet payment without any +

Now , do not pay anything before I tell you so . You can rely on me .... ask you sweetie ... !

Amicalement
Frankie;)(y)

Last edited:
Jun 25, 2013
Funster No
Exp
Old wild camper in transit
Deffo pay , your info is on their system and if stopped etc on next visit could be unwanted grief . When I was in oz , great western highway , cops clocked me and said ' make sure you pay fine in canervon post office otherwise if you come back to Australia you could be refused entry ' ( in a nasty way ) very charming and helpful to us poms I don't think ! Big big chip on their shoulders !

Hellski

Free Member
Mar 28, 2016
Cheltenham
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto 76 LE
Exp
Unless this was an on the spot speeding ticket, the seeding fine is addressed to the OP therefore, this would suggest that Eurocar have passed on the OP's details as the vehicle would have been registered to the hire company?

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Europcar must have sent it to you or otherwise how have they got your name and address in an hire car, got to be a payer, I'm afraid , if you don't europcar will just take it out of your credit card that you paid with, probably double ing it in the process:(

Oct 12, 2008
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Right , I managed to have it bigger and as Chaser just said Parcoto services gave your name to the authorities. So ..no more hope about having them paying for your fine (mind you ..I would have been really surprised!)

So what I suggest as the whole process is in French , I will pay for it. I'm sure DIL will pay me back !
What do you think of this solution? Easy peasy?

NB : you have 46 days starting on the 17/07/2017 and it will still be 90 euros

Last edited:
May 8, 2016
silver coast, portugal
Funster No
MH
C Class: Low profile
Exp
Boatie for 20 years
Right , I managed to have it bigger and as Chaser just said Parcoto services gave your name to the authorities. So ..no more hope about having them paying for your fine (mind you ..I would have been really surprised!)

So what I suggest as the whole process is in French , I will pay for it. I'm sure DIL will pay me back !
What do you think of this solution? Easy peasy?

NB : you have 46 days starting on the 17/07/2017 and it will still be 90 euros
What a truly fantastic gesture from a lovely person!

:clap2::clap2::clap2:

Aug 26, 2008
B&NES
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2007

Chris.

Chris, you were clocked by a fixed roadside speed camera. They are heralded in advance by a prominent warning sign with the word "RADAR" and some symbolic waves. The camera is in a big grey box with hi-viz stripes. Lots of them in France, usually easy to spot. The lurking Gendarmes with the mobile speed cameras are the ones you should fear.

Best pay up before the fine is increased.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Oct 5, 2012
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Carado T132
Exp
5 years, feel free to ask me about the Carado!!
The law changed a few weeks ago due to an EU cross border directive having to be adopted by the UK. http://etsc.eu/faq-eu-cross-border-enforcement-directive/
The french police can now legally treat you as if you were living in France, so fine you as if you were a local and pursue you :Eeek: Quite how this will work in practice not sure. But the French police were one of the instigators of this new law. The good news is no points!
I would pay it soon!

Last edited:
May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
@yodeli i mentioned you as I knew you could help with the language, you go beyond the call of duty and are a star with your kindness, I'm sure the OP will be very greatfull for your help, but please be careful with your hard earned money.....(y)

Oct 12, 2008
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
@yodeli i mentioned you as I knew you could help with the language, you go beyond the call of duty and are a star with your kindness, I'm sure the OP will be very greatfull for your help, but please be careful with your hard earned money.....(y)

Very nice of you to warn me, but I know who I am talking to. It would be slightly different if I didn't know who Chris is. Very very close to our Ringleader on here! And the young lady by his side is even closer;)(y):D

Deleted User
I would advise paying straight away and would advise taking down your photo which has your name and address. You may have to pm @Jim to to that.
Repost photo blanking out personal details.
But we know what you look likenow!...lol

D

DL42846

Deleted User
I would check with your hire company that they haven't billed you for it already, Also check you CC statement. Then pay it. before the fine is increased.

Oct 12, 2008
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
the fine is increased.

It will be paid in due course ..... 46 days to go from the 17/07 as I said in a previous post. You don't want them to have interests on the 90 euros do you? Don't scare the poor lad, it's all "fine" OOps , I mean it's all well! :D2(y)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back