So is France open from Monday. (1 Viewer)

joka250

Free Member
Jul 29, 2017
Fylde Coast.
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1985
I really don't believe any of the figures - maybe the truth will come out one day - but I doubt that as well
Like you I don't give too much credit to the figures from UK France or anywhere else but I think they are reacting not only to political pressure but also media and perceived public pressure. I don't think the true figures will be known for 2 or 3 years. Whether those figures are shared with us, who knows.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 13, 2012
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta Euroyacht
Exp
1996, then break 'til 2011
Like you I don't give too much credit to the figures from UK France or anywhere else but I think they are reacting not only to political pressure but also media and perceived public pressure. I don't think the true figures will be known for 2 or 3 years. Whether those figures are shared with us, who knows.

I think lockdown is being dragged out to validate the decisions taken and what they have done - trying to convince us that there really was a strategy - when in fact they were just guessing - as was the rest of the World

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
I am surprised that you as a resident of France would not respect that . Am guessing you didn’t lockdown when asked by the government either ?
It is only good manners for visitors to a country to respect what they are asked .
I would respect whatever is asked of me in any country and have done all over the world .
The other side of the argument would be liberte egalite fratenite.

Anybody living in france ought to respect the ethos of the french and respect their constitution more than their requests that they cannot enforce because of their constitution, whether they like it or not.

I would respectfully suggest that all 3 of those phrases are being adhered to by any UK citizen (also known at this moment in time as a European) legally entering France for the purpose of holiday from Monday . The French ministery respect their constitution as does klaatu imho

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
Really,ours is nought:giggler: & nought for yesterday ,& the day before,& before that,& before that,& before that & the day before that the 7th 1 died.
Thats ok.
On the spanish counting system we have had 10 14 and 11 for the past 3 days !!!

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
I wrote a big post earlier today and my best uneducated guess would realistically put us at about 80 per day across all sectors for all of UK.

Jan 9, 2017
Luton
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato
Exp
I wrote a big post earlier today and my best uneducated guess would realistically put us at about 80 per day across all sectors for all of UK.
It wouldn’t surprise me, My Uncle died last week- he had pancreatic and bladder cancer. He went into hospital and died 2 days later. On his death certificate they have put Covid??l I suspect hospitals are using Covid on death certificates as iit will not impact on their statistics/ rankings for dealing with cancer, heart etc

joka250

Free Member
Jul 29, 2017
Fylde Coast.
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1985
You may well be correct but my point would be that you are using the figures available and may well be close but I am trying to look at the broader picture of for instance deaths cause not by or with CV19 but those caused by the impact of the handling of the crisis. I would suggest that when all figures are looked at in 2 or 3 years we might have to review our current opinions.

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
You may well be correct but my point would be that you are using the figures available and may well be close but I am trying to look at the broader picture of for instance deaths cause not by or with CV19 but those caused by the impact of the handling of the crisis. I would suggest that when all figures are looked at in 2 or 3 years we might have to review our current opinions.
I am more than happy to change my current opinion when more facts are known.

138go

Free Member
Feb 26, 2016
Funster No
MH
Carthago 138
Exp
Since 2001
I would be more inclined to have an opinion, when more facts are known.

Aug 20, 2019
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Pulse
Exp
Motorhoming since 2020

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
I really don't believe any of the figures - maybe the truth will come out one day - but I doubt that as well
Neither do I ,they have changed it so much.
Thats ok.
On the spanish counting system we have had 10 14 and 11 for the past 3 days !!!
Today they stated that deaths for the week were 27. Now seeing as we haven't had any on the official daily list since the 7th when there was one, we obviously have either the 'wrong ' type of deaths or they are occurring in the 'wrong 'places to be counted.:unsure:

Oct 21, 2018
Funster No
MH
Malibu PVC
Exp
40+ years Caravanning & M/homes
The last 2 sentences of the Express article are "Although France may have relaxed certain travel restrictions, Britons are obliged to follow the UK government’s rules. For now, this still means non-essential travel is not permitted." So, watch and wait!

Hymerbell

Free Member
Apr 2, 2014
Winchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer 674
Exp
Since 2002 plus 20 years in a tent
Good man. This is the first hand information I require so as to make an educated decision on whether to travel 300 miles to a ferry port without being refused boarding.
Yes... difficult being so far away from port or Eurotunnel....one of the benefits of living south...probably why Kenn Dodd didn’t have a MH...

Hymerbell

Free Member
Apr 2, 2014
Winchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer 674
Exp
Good man. This is the first hand information I require so as to make an educated decision on whether to travel 300 miles to a ferry port without being refused boarding.
First hand ? ...at best it’s third hand...

Hymerbell

Free Member
Apr 2, 2014
Winchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer 674
Exp
I guess the question would be what does 'Invited to observe a fortnight' imply? Enforced or voluntary?
Haven’t got a dictionary or thesaurus on me but “invited” doesn’t sound like “enforced”....if I’m invited to a party does it mean I’m dragged kicking and screaming from my comfy warm bed at 1am because I decided not to attend. Having said that it used to happen to me in my student days so perhaps it does mean enforced.

Hymerbell

Free Member
Apr 2, 2014
Winchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer 674
Exp
So you are encouraging people not to quarantine and you live here ?
If your risk/reward analysis is of the “I really don’t want to catch this and am willing to sacrifice my freedom and enjoyment of life” tendency then stay indoors and you’ll be fine...physically... if not spiritually.....and when you finally fall off the perch you’ll be able to put Helen Keller’s quote on your headstone “Life is either a daring adventure or nothing at all.”

Hymerbell

Free Member
Apr 2, 2014
Winchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer 674
Exp
I'm not sure about that. The daily death rate in the UK is in the hundreds and as I understand it the rate in France is in the tens.
Out of 140 million....so about 0.00000107 per cent

Hymerbell

Free Member
Apr 2, 2014
Winchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer 674
Exp
So am I to believe you have business interests in France with a mobile home rental business ?. If so this could be construed by French immigration as a good reason to be allowed into France. It just maybe a different story for a tourist to rock up in a motorhome wanting to trundle around willy nilly with no good reason to be there other than he wants some decent Camembert.
You can get Camembert in England....as long as you’re not too scared to venture out...

Hymerbell

Free Member
Apr 2, 2014
Winchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer 674
Exp
The last 2 sentences of the Express article are "Although France may have relaxed certain travel restrictions, Britons are obliged to follow the UK government’s rules. For now, this still means non-essential travel is not permitted." So, watch and wait!
Is not advised....not not permitted...there’s a difference....it’s all in the words...

Feb 22, 2016
York
Funster No
MH
Bailey 620 Approach
Exp
Since 2015
France 24 is reporting that, from 15th June, (tomorrow) France is relaxing all travel restrictions within the Schengen zone (which includes the U.K. despite UK not being in Schengen). That suggests no restrictions including quarantining.

However the statement says that Spanish visitors will be required to self isolate for 14 days only because Spain has quarantine rules applying to visitors to Spain.
So it would seem, although there is no mention of the UK, that the reciprocity principle applies. If the UK requires visitors to the UK to quarantine for 14 days, then the French will require U.K. visitors to quarantine for 14 days in France. :(

John Barrett

Free Member
Jan 19, 2020
Hamble, Southampton.
Funster No
MH
One Eyed in Hamble!
Exp
Since 2012
It wouldn’t surprise me, My Uncle died last week- he had pancreatic and bladder cancer. He went into hospital and died 2 days later. On his death certificate they have put Covid??l I suspect hospitals are using Covid on death certificates as iit will not impact on their statistics/ rankings for dealing with cancer, heart etc
Doesn't that strike you as slightly unprofessional?
John

Hymerbell

Free Member
Apr 2, 2014
Winchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer 674
Exp
Why do people constantly wriggle out of sensible advice rather than have the patience for that advice to change. This has constantly happened through this crisis.
Ah...so it’s advice ? The reason is that many people believe that the advice is non sensical, political or whipped up hysteria my social media Keyboard Warriors...because they’ve got nothing better to do with their lives than moralise against perceived failings of others....rather than go out and grab life by the scruff of the neck and enjoy it whilst they are still able.....

Jan 9, 2017
Luton
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato
Exp
John
John
I thought so, he was on deaths door when he was admitted to hospital. When my Cousin received the death certificate she was suprised and raised it with the Consultant- he was adamant that it was Covid.

TBH he was dying anyway and what he had on his certificate isn't going to change anything, other than I am now taking the "official" figures with a pinch of salt.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back