So is France open from Monday. (1 Viewer)

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
enough to know i shouldnt touch things i know nothing about ....
why is it bizarre?

Dec 2, 2019
South Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7065+
Exp
Broken most bits now
France's quarantine is voluntary. Going home after a two week break in France means you'll have to spend two more weeks at home in the UK

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
I think you will find the French quarantine is voluntary …..

and after 2 weeks, my money is on (and has been for some considerable time) that the Uk quarantine will end on or around the 29th June

My tunnel crossing has been booked for quite a few weeks now, 15th at 1620hrs !! i dont see any reason to cancel it at the moment ...

Oct 26, 2014
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral Supreme 680st
Exp
since 2001
France's quarantine is voluntary. Going home after a two week break in France means you'll have to spend two more weeks at hone in the UK
At the moment, that'll soon get binned, we need people to use common sense!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
France's quarantine is voluntary. Going home after a two week break in France means you'll have to spend two more weeks at home in the UK

France quarantine is reciprocal to any country that has quarantine laws. We in the UK have a quarantine law at the moment. Its quite clear.

OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000

and after 2 weeks, my money is on (and has been for some considerable time) that the Uk quarantine will end on or around the 29th June

My tunnel crossing has been booked for quite a few weeks now, 15th at 1620hrs !! i dont see any reason to cancel it at the moment ...

Let me know how you go on. I had a crossing booked for 1st July, but was advised by my carrier to change it for one week later. I do have the option of changing it back.

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
What about travel insurance then? As I understand it the FO has told UK rsidents not to travel "abroad" UFN, which then negates your travel insurance.

Or, of course, you may not bother with travel insurance.............................. :wondering:

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
I think the ferries have a taken a different viewpoint, based on the need for UK quarantine, I think they have suggested its no going to be worthwhile running ferries as they will only be used one way /, so if your carrier is a ferry, it doesn't surprise me

what's travel insurance ....?

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
What will be interesting is if you had an accident whilst driving in France, would your insurance look for a way out, ie should you have travelled and will they still cover you.

is it illegal to travel or not, in my opinion, would be the test of insurance validity. or if the insurance company has written to me telling me that cover has been withdrawn.

OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000

Good luck with that one.
Restrictions in response to coronavirus
Border controls
Since 20 March 2020 entry to France has been limited to those transiting through France, returning French nationals and permanent residents, and a small number of essential travel categories. In order to enter France you will need to complete an international travel certificate, which certifies that your journey is essential and confirms that you have not been suffering from a set of listed symptoms associated with Covid-19. This travel certificate is available on the French Ministry of the Interior’s website. If entering France from the UK, EU, Andorra, Holy See, Iceland, Lichtenstein, Monaco, Norway or Switzerland you will need to complete the travel certificate (also available in English) under “Attestation de déplacement dérogatoire vers la France métropolitaine depuis: l’Union Européenne et Andorre, Islande, Liechtenstein, Monaco, Norvège, Saint-Marin, Suisse, Royaume-Uni, Vatican”. If entering France from other locations or travelling to French overseas territories you will need to fill in tailored versions of the international travel certificate, accessible on the same webpage.

The international travel certificate needs to be produced for entry, along with any supporting paperwork to substantiate the essential nature of your travel. If you are entering or transiting through France, depending on your circumstances, you also need to have:

• a travel certificate if travelling in Île-de-France (Greater Paris) on public transport at peak hours (from 06h30 to 09h30 and from 16h00 to 19h00)
From 25 May a voluntary 14 day self-quarantine will apply to those arriving in France from outside the UK, EU (except Spain where arrivals by air will be asked to self-quarantine) Andorra, Holy See, Iceland, Lichtenstein, Monaco, Norway and Switzerland. The UK has announced that it will introduce self-isolation measures for arrivals at its borders from the 8 June; the French Ministry of Interior has indicated that after the UK introduces these measures, France will then also ask arrivals from the UK to observe a voluntary 14 day self-quarantine. Full details and a list of exemptions to self-quarantine in France are set out in a <Broken link removed> (in French) and its translation (in English).

Travellers showing signs of a Covid-19 infection upon arrival in mainland France will have to carry out a mandatory 14 day quarantine at home or in a dedicated location indicated by the French authorities if home quarantine is not feasible.

All travellers to French overseas territories will also have to carry out a mandatory 14 day quarantine.

Border checks are also in place on the borders between France and Italy, Spain, Belgium and Germany.

Certificate requirements for travel within France
To travel in Île-de-France (Greater Paris) on public transport at peak hours (from 06h30 to 09h30 and from 16h00 to 19h00) you will need to complete a travel certificate from your employer to certify your reason for travel. If you are not travelling for work, you will need to self-certify that you are travelling for one of the compelling reasons listed on the certification.

Check the relevant prefecture’s website for information on local travel restrictions.

Travel between the EU and non-European countries
On 16 March, the French Government announced that the EU would suspend travel between the EU and non-European countries for an initial period of 30 days, this remains in force until further notice.

Some countries are imposing a compulsory period of quarantine for travellers from France. If you are travelling from or through France, check the situation at your destination before you travel.

Travel between metropolitan France and French overseas territories
Regular flights between metropolitan France and its overseas territories - including Martinique, Mayotte, Guadeloupe, Guyana, La Reunion, French Polynesia, Saint Martin and Saint-Barthelemy - have been suspended since 23 March. Journeys between the islands are also prohibited, except in exceptional circumstances.

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
France will open its borders to visitors from European countries, including the UK, from Monday and there will be no more forms to fill in for those wanting to come.

This includes those wanting to come for tourist trips or to spend time at second homes. The UK is within the boundaries of 'Europe' for Covid-19 border closures.
Tourism Minister Jean-Baptiste Lemoyne confirmed the date in a press conference today

that information is in YOUR post starting this thread …..

OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
France will open its borders to visitors from European countries, including the UK, from Monday and there will be no more forms to fill in for those wanting to come.

This includes those wanting to come for tourist trips or to spend time at second homes. The UK is within the boundaries of 'Europe' for Covid-19 border closures.
Tourism Minister Jean-Baptiste Lemoyne confirmed the date in a press conference today

that information is in YOUR post starting this thread …..

It also said in MY post, Bizarre, but lets see.

138go

Free Member
Feb 26, 2016
Funster No
MH
Carthago 138
Exp
Since 2001
What about travel insurance then? As I understand it the FO has told UK rsidents not to travel "abroad" UFN, which then negates your travel insurance.

Or, of course, you may not bother with travel insurance.............................. :wondering:

I think people are relying on their EHIC. I wouldn't.

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
The French quarantine ,as your link states , is voluntary as it was pointed out that to make it legally enforceable required the French constitution to be changed.

I think people are relying on their EHIC. I wouldn't.
All I ever carry.:giggle:

138go

Free Member
Feb 26, 2016
Funster No
MH
Carthago 138
Exp
Since 2001
Some of us old codgers dont have that much time left to hang around waiting.
We're also old codgers but we've been told by the FO not to travel abroad. There is also the question of valid insurance.

OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
We're also old codgers but we've been told by the FO not to travel abroad. There is also the question of valid insurance.

Oh, I have plenty of travel insurance, more than enough to repair anything that falls off my body. If on the other hand I become a total loss, then they can have what bits that are any good and feed the rest to the animals in the nearest zoo.

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
It also said in MY post, Bizarre, but lets see.

and I asked why it was bizarre and you responded that we (I assume you mean England?) and France are in quarantine? which technically is correct and incorrect, the whole of England is not in quarantine, but some people are. the whole of France is not in quarantine but a voluntary one 'may' exist ....

but i see no reason why i can't travel to France, there may be reasons that others wouldn't travel and i respect their position, but i consider it to be a viable option for us. i spent over 30 years of my working life in an industry where risk assessment was the very basis of the industry, so i am not going into this without some consideration.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
and I asked why it was bizarre and you responded that we (I assume you mean England?) and France are in quarantine? which technically is correct and incorrect, the whole of England is not in quarantine, but some people are. the whole of France is not in quarantine but a voluntary one 'may' exist ....

but i see no reason why i can't travel to France, there may be reasons that others wouldn't travel and i respect their position, but i consider it to be a viable option

Like I said earlier, good luck and let me know how you go on.

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
Stay home then.

I ll take one for the team as I think I might be one of the first out of the country on either the 0620 or 0720 and will start a thread with how easy it was or how bad the traffic is on the M20 on the way back on Monday morning.

Set your alarm clocks. French border control is this side so i should be able to update by the time you have a cup of coffee brewing and planning on joining the queue on the exodus

138go

Free Member
Feb 26, 2016
Funster No
MH
Carthago 138
Exp
Since 2001
Oh, I have plenty of travel insurance, more than enough to repair anything that falls off my body. If on the other hand I become a total loss, then they can have what bits that are any good and feed the rest to the animals in the nearest zoo.

Have you checked that your insurance is valid, in light of the FO telling us not to travel? That's our concern.

138go

Free Member
Feb 26, 2016
Funster No
MH
Carthago 138
Exp
Since 2001
COVID-19 Exceptional Travel Advisory Notice
The Foreign & Commonwealth Office currently advises British nationals against all but essential international travel. This advice is being kept under constant review.

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
Did you all not see the 00's if not 000's of british plated cars & vans queuing at both ferry teminals & Tunnel on sunday trying to get back in to the UK before the quarantine came in ? Most of these had only recently left the country with booked returns & complaining of being jogged off allocated times due to the companies giving preferential treatment to those they had scammed with 'pay on the day' Many said they 'd only gone to vist family & friends.
The tunnel was struggling as they were only allowing 200 vehicles on for 'social distancing'
:giggle:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back