So is France open from Monday. (1 Viewer)

joka250

Free Member
Jul 29, 2017
Fylde Coast.
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1985
I agree Jon, entirely! One simile however. Quite a few businesses considered they had business interruption insurance, that's not going too well for them.
Agreed entirely and given it takes only one simple e mail to confirm cover it's almost not worth debating.
I do wonder given that the EHIC is a form of insurance is it affected FCO advice. Not able to travel until tail end of year so not too worried personally.

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
Pandemics aren’t covered. I would consider going abroad when the chances of catching the virus is low enough for us to take the risk. I personally think it’s just too soon at present. We both have health conditions.

Current advice from Martin Lewis, (and I know he isn't the Law) is that if you renew your travel Insurance with the same Co. then they cannot 'Move the Goalposts' when it comes to Covid. If they covered you last year, you're covered this year.

Of course, that doesn't prevent them providing you with a non acceptable bill for their services.

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
Germany is open without a quarantine. You may travel through France in order to get to Belgium and through Belgium in order to get to Germany from Monday, and Luxembourg if you ar elooking for even cheaper fuel
Ventusky will give me my final destination and the Baltic coast is looking very hot.
I am between the Dordogne, the vercors, the baltic and Black forest. Weather is better in Germany for next 10 days
Go to the Baltic coast! You know you have to go where I have been. 🙂
One highlight, Lübeck you can stay for free Sunday nights, or 10 € other nights on the Stellplatz just outside the town walls. Unfortunately Kiel Sailing Festival postponed till September.

Peenemünde well worth a visit too.

2D637BDF-F4D8-4890-9E29-6EA6B86DA0FB.jpeg

CBC55E28-B3FF-4901-A8CF-6B849A6F0D83.jpeg

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

138go

Free Member
Feb 26, 2016
Funster No
MH
Carthago 138
Exp
Since 2001
My understanding is, pandemics were never covered.
Current advice from Martin Lewis, (and I know he isn't the Law) is that if you renew your travel Insurance with the same Co. then they cannot 'Move the Goalposts' when it comes to Covid. If they covered you last year, you're covered this year.

Of course, that doesn't prevent them providing you with a non acceptable bill for their services.

Due to the impact Coronavirus (COVID-19) is having in Europe, we’ve taken the decision to temporarily suspend the sale of Red Pennant insurance. This will help ensure we can focus on assisting our members that have existing policies at this difficult time.

If you already have a Red Pennant policy, you can contact us to amend your policy, make a claim or renew your annual policy.

Please be aware there will not be any cover for anything linked to Coronavirus for any new trips you may book, as this is now a known event.

We will start selling Red Pennant again as soon as we can.

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
There is also a restaurant that you submerge 10 metres underwater to eat somewhere. Rostock i think.

Germany has to be monitored by state aswell as there are different criteria.

Probably wont make up our minds til under the tunnel or at customs. Depends what asked if anything is asked

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
The V2's were launched from around there, they have a V2 museum now.
Yes, and very good it is too with descriptions in German and English and a very moving display of photographs of London showing the damage done.

We also went to the Junkers museum and at both places, you could clearly see how the US and UK aerospace companies had benefited from early German blueprints and models.

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
My understanding is, pandemics were never covered.

Due to the impact Coronavirus (COVID-19) is having in Europe, we’ve taken the decision to temporarily suspend the sale of Red Pennant insurance. This will help ensure we can focus on assisting our members that have existing policies at this difficult time.

If you already have a Red Pennant policy, you can contact us to amend your policy, make a claim or renew your annual policy.

Please be aware there will not be any cover for anything linked to Coronavirus for any new trips you may book, as this is now a known event.

We will start selling Red Pennant again as soon as we can.
I'll see if I can find the comment/article by Martin Lewis

Jul 26, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
To many to mention
My understanding of the travel insurance is that they will cover you for Covid 19 for any holiday you booked before the pandemic but not any holidays booked since. We are due on a Cruise in October 2020 which was booked December 2019 and I am sure we are covered. However if we had booked it in April 2020 we would not have been covered.
The Martin Lewis item suggested that if my annual travel insurance needed to be renewed in say May 2020 as long as I renewed with the same company they would still honour my October trip but if I took out a new policy with a different company then it would not be covered.
May be wrong but that is my understanding of the situation.

klaatu

Free Member
Aug 10, 2013
Vienne, France
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
Since 2014
Here’s the official announcement (made yesterday, by the foreign and internal ministers) of the removal of restrictions on French borders with the rest of Europe, on June 15.

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
I'll see if I can find the comment/article by Martin Lewis
Vickysponge

I've been on 'Catchup' and found the programme that mentioned Coronavirus and Travel Insurance.
It's on the Martin Lewis Money Show of Thursday 11th June.
At about 04:33 into the programme Lewis confirms (and I think if it applies to you or you think it does, please have a look yourself.)

From what I gather, if you have Annual Travel Insurance and that policy ran out after the Coronavirus hit AND IT COVERED CORONAVIRUS, if you renewed THAT Travel Insurance to continue then any Holiday plans going forward are also covered.
I think that's what was announced.
As it says on the Share Buying Forums. Do your own research (y)

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Here’s the official announcement (made yesterday, by the foreign and internal ministers) of the removal of restrictions on French borders with the rest of Europe, on June 15.

A translation. I guess the unknown is how UK travellers will be received by the locals.

Screenshot_20200613-162726.png

Feb 22, 2016
York
Funster No
MH
Bailey 620 Approach
Exp
Since 2015
A translation. I guess the unknown is how UK travellers will be received by the locals.

View attachment 398129
I hope, DBK, that the reception by locals will NOT be reminiscent of scenes from Witchfinder General! Any flaming torches, pitchforks and huge, funny-looking yokels, looking for their village, will be met by me swinging a day old baguette. And you (and Chris) know how deadly that can be. :giggle:

Captain Lloyd

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 18, 2018
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Rapido 8094df
Exp
5 years
COVID-19 Exceptional Travel Advisory Notice
The Foreign & Commonwealth Office currently advises British nationals against all but essential international travel. This advice is being kept under constant review.
My money says quarantine will be scrapped on the 29th and FO advice will change.

klaatu

Free Member
Aug 10, 2013
Vienne, France
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
Since 2014
I guess the question would be what does 'Invited to observe a fortnight' imply? Enforced or voluntary?
If you are invited to a party, does it mean that you are forced to go?

It’s voluntary. The French Constitutional Council ruled that enforcing quarantine on someone who isn’t showing symptoms is unconstitutional. So, if you respect their decision, and the constitution of France, you can politely decline the invitation.

spitfire

Free Member
Oct 13, 2010
Correze France
Funster No
MH
Bavaria
Exp
Since 2003
If you are invited to a party, does it mean that you are forced to go?

It’s voluntary. The French Constitutional Council ruled that enforcing quarantine on someone who isn’t showing symptoms is unconstitutional. So, if you respect their decision, and the constitution of France, you can politely decline the invitation.
So you are encouraging people not to quarantine and you live here ?

spitfire

Free Member
Oct 13, 2010
Correze France
Funster No
MH
Bavaria
Exp
Since 2003
I’m not encouraging anyone to do anything. There is no scientific reason for the quarantine, it is purely political. People can make up their own minds what to do on that basis.
I am surprised that you as a resident of France would not respect that . Am guessing you didn’t lockdown when asked by the government either ?
It is only good manners for visitors to a country to respect what they are asked .
I would respect whatever is asked of me in any country and have done all over the world .

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
What about travel insurance then? As I understand it the FO has told UK rsidents not to travel "abroad" UFN, which then negates your travel insurance.

Or, of course, you may not bother with travel insurance.............................. :wondering:
E111 ? Still valid.BUSBY.

Apr 13, 2012
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta Euroyacht
Exp
1996, then break 'til 2011
I am surprised that you as a resident of France would not respect that . Am guessing you didn’t lockdown when asked by the government either ?
It is only good manners for visitors to a country to respect what they are asked .
I would respect whatever is asked of me in any country and have done all over the world .

I am surprised, no amazed, that so many could be controlled by so few..

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
I’m not encouraging anyone to do anything. There is no scientific reason for the quarantine, it is purely political. People can make up their own minds what to do on that basis.
I'm not sure about that. The daily death rate in the UK is in the hundreds and as I understand it the rate in France is in the tens.

klaatu

Free Member
Aug 10, 2013
Vienne, France
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
Since 2014
I'm not sure about that. The daily death rate in the UK is in the hundreds and as I understand it the rate in France is in the tens.
John, the quarantine is purely political. The way you can tell is that the single condition required for the French quarantine of the UK to end, is for the UK quarantine of the French to end.

And I don’t think the real figures between the UK and France are so different, no-one really knows. The French stats have been all over the place just recently, sometimes including care homes, sometimes not.

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
enough to know i shouldnt touch things i know nothing about ....
We will see some of you on the other side then ....... we have been booked for 1620 on the 15th for quite some time now and have spent a few hours restocking the motorhome.

oh, and the answer to the original posters questions is YES, if you are allowed to travel to somewhere where you can catch a ferry or train then you can enter without paperwork, or demonstrating you are 'allowed in' !! you may be asked to observe a 14 day period of quarantine if travelling from the UK, which is something i will honestly try to keep to as our trip is just to unload lots of 'stuff' and set up 4 mobile homes ready for the summer and then return back on or around the 29th - just in time for the UK quarantine to be removed (and thats looking more and more likely) and we will be observing social distancing rules at ALL times !!

OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
We will see some of you on the other side then ....... we have been booked for 1620 on the 15th for quite some time now and have spent a few hours restocking the motorhome.

oh, and the answer to the original posters questions is YES, if you are allowed to travel to somewhere where you can catch a ferry or train then you can enter without paperwork, or demonstrating you are 'allowed in' !! you may be asked to observe a 14 day period of quarantine if travelling from the UK, which is something i will honestly try to keep to as our trip is just to unload lots of 'stuff' and set up 4 mobile homes ready for the summer and then return back on or around the 29th - just in time for the UK quarantine to be removed (and thats looking more and more likely) and we will be observing social distancing rules at ALL times !!

So am I to believe you have business interests in France with a mobile home rental business ?. If so this could be construed by French immigration as a good reason to be allowed into France. It just maybe a different story for a tourist to rock up in a motorhome wanting to trundle around willy nilly with no good reason to be there other than he wants some decent Camembert.

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
enough to know i shouldnt touch things i know nothing about ....
I wish !! No, my two daughters have Van's on the same site as us, actually right next to each other even though we all bought ar different times. Plus I also help out an Irish friend who is recovering from major heart surgery.

I set them up for the year then close them all down again afterwards, it's a 'dad' thing apparently, it so they all keep telling me ..

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back