Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Were leaving home in the next half an hour, we'll wild-park somewhere between here and Shrewsbury so we are there to greet you all at midday tomorrow. I've just written the welcome letter, its below, read it now and it'll save you time tomorrow night::bigsmile: See you in Shrewsbury:thumb:

Dear Funster,

Welcome to Shrewsbury; this is our third time here, the first two have been fantastic and we expect this one to be better; especially so, given the good weather forecast.

If this is your first time with us, you might be disappointed to learn that we don’t have an initiation ceremony, sorry about that☺. Once parked up, if your rally marshal hasn’t already done so; please do introduce yourself to your neighbours. You’ll discover our rallies are a laid-back affair, and no one will insist that you take part in anything; you are free to spend your weekend as you wish.

At most rallies we have our own tentage area and often make our own entertainment, however this rally is a little different in that the entertainment is outside and we all try and sit together as a group for the music. Both Friday and Saturday we’ll gather at around 5:30-6pm. We are only a hundred yards or so from the arena, so people can drag chairs and tables over with them. On Friday and Saturday nights many will also bring along some nibbles to share along with whatever they are drinking.

On the Saturday night it’s ABBA some of the Funsters might choose to attend the music wearing clothes from that era, if previous years are anything to go by there will be a few wigs☺ Fancy dress is not compulsory and most won’t dress up, so don’t be shy, do come over with us and have a giggle

Sunday Breakfast - Between 10 and 11am
Our Sunday morning bacon rolls are always popular at just £1 Bring along a coffee and an appetite between 10 and 11am.

We will have the red Funster tent at the show over the weekend. In the tent we will have free club stickers, badges and flyers and we’ll be selling, Funster Mugs, Flags, magnetic bottle openers, Motorhome Travel Journals and of course our Tyre Pressure Monitors☺ Call in for a sit-down, a chat and a complimentary coffee or beer.

We hope you enjoy this rally, If you have any problems at all over the weekend, please don’t hesitate to contact Jim or Siân on XXXXXXXXXXXXX

Thanks and have fun.

Jim and Siân

Jul 6, 2012
Shrewsbury
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Just One Year
Fill the form out please Rob

The Final List:thumb:

1. Ambilkate
  2. GJH
  3. DMS
  4. FIDGET
  5. rangitira
  6. MikeandCarolyn
  7. SUGGY
  8. drago35uk
  9. marjv999
  10. Shiftzz (Mrs Shiftzz & Baggage)
  11. ARCHIE2000
  12. TEASY2007
  13. peter H
  14. tonypennycj
  15. capinpugwash
  16. MikeandCarolyn
  17. Philcott
  18. june123
  19. movan
  20. SueBaz
  21. MrMotorhome
  22. Tony Santara
  23. rangitira
  24. Philcott
  25. FIDGET
  26. Tonka
  27. Snitrats
  28. Petensal
  29. catspyjamas
  30. Wizbangs
  31. Gwen
  32. teknik155
  33. Ali1389
  34. silkcut1105
  35. Tonka
  36. Haganap
  37. Lindylou
  38. micky drip
  39. Mike Lawrence
  40. Pollensabob
  41. Rob1Chelsea1
Nev and Carol booked for show but didnt realise there was a Funster form to fill out. Have rectified error now . Just hope that we will be allowed in to Funsters section.:Doh:

Silkcut1105

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 3, 2011
Swansea
Funster No
MH
autotrail chieftain
Exp
Since 1991
shrewsbury show

well ive got kathys outfit for abba and ive got mine for take that should be a good un.eat your heart out haggers.lol:thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
Shrewsbury Event

Hi,

Have just joined the forum, and have hopefully booked into the Shrewsbury Rally. I know its a bit last minute, but can anyone confirm whether we will be able to get in, or have I left it too late? We have recently bought a Hymer B564 after years of owning a caravan and previous to that a boat. If we are able to get a place, can you tell us where it's being held please.

Thanks.

Geraldine

MikeandCarolyn

Free Member
Mar 18, 2008
Worle,North Somerset
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2009
Hi,

Have just joined the forum, and have hopefully booked into the Shrewsbury Rally. I know its a bit last minute, but can anyone confirm whether we will be able to get in, or have I left it too late? We have recently bought a Hymer B564 after years of owning a caravan and previous to that a boat. If we are able to get a place, can you tell us where it's being held please.

Thanks.

Geraldine

It's all on here-good luck,see you there ::bigsmile:
Mike

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
Knowing you will all have a fabulous weekend

Dont get too drunk or too sunburnt

BUT

DO HAVE LOTS OF FUN

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Off to a great start..

Weather fantastic..
Met with new Funsters.
Drank beer and eat pork pie.
Seen Mike and Carolyns "erection"
Attended the Pimms party..

And it's only 6pm. !!!:Doh:

Jul 17, 2012
Bury St Edmunds
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
1 year on and loving it!
Only the one by the Railway Station.....posted at 3 metres 3 ! Buses get under it in the centre but it is not on the route to the showground !:thumb::thumb::thumb:

It is if you get lost and go down the wrong street!:RollEyes: thankfully I'm 2.8 something! :D

aba

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
dec 2009
Morning funsters well it's going to be a hot one here in general camping today according to my outside thermometer it's 21C and it's only 9:30

The 80 watt solar panel is giving 3amps at the moment and the batteries are full already.

Going to wander around the show & pop into shrewsbury on that boat mainly to get supplies that I forgot as I was focused on getting here rather than what we are going to eat and drink :Doh: and it's not the first time i have done it either.

So where ever you are and what ever you are doing have a good one and don't forget the sun cream.

Sep 4, 2011
Funster No
MH
No more
What a great weekend:thumb: haganap and I pulled a couple of dolly birds last night then Nicki and Jane sent em packing:ROFLMAO:, met Hilda Graham and there lovely wifes:thumb: also chatted with new and old funsters:Smile:
Sunshine all the way::bigsmile:
Not a drop of alcohol all weekend:RollEyes:

Rob:Cool:

petensal

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 22, 2012
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
Overcab
Exp
Since Sept 2009
Not a drop of alcohol all weekend

Yeh right.

Have you still got all your bits Rob? Got the impression Jane was threatening to remove them last night

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
home and showered back to the grind.

But, they will say,

there once was a meet in Shrewsbury

It was simply brilliant.

And they laughed and laughed and laughed.

Until the sun came up!!!!

Thanks Jim & Sian for marshalling and to all the funsters that gave me such a giggle all weekend....

That Cider house cider was simply stunning and only 7.3 % :Eeek:
Good job I only had a pint of it. :thumb:

ciderman

Free Member
Jul 2, 2011
derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer 754
Exp
4 years old
home and showered back to the grind.

But, they will say,

there once was a meet in Shrewsbury

It was simply brilliant.

And they laughed and laughed and laughed.

Until the sun came up!!!!

Thanks Jim & Sian for marshalling and to all the funsters that gave me such a giggle all weekend....

[HI]That Cider house cider was simply stunning [/HI]and only 7.3 % :Eeek:
Good job I only had a pint of it. :thumb:

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

:Doh::Doh::Doh::Doh::Doh:

Wizbangs

Free Member
Nov 8, 2011
MK, UK
Funster No
MH
AS Burford Duo
Exp
Four years
Had a lovely show as always. Thanks all. :Smile:

Coming home we just got to the M54 as they closed it, so a slight detour was required. We saw at least 20 police cars blue lights flashing as we got back on a junction down. We got back to MK and it was still closed and with jams backed up. So pleased we missed whatever it was and that we didn't leave the showground any later . Hopefully everyone got home ok.

Teasy2007

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2007
Rotherham South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu PVC
Exp
Since 2005
We have just arrived home after a great weekend with lovely people and stunning weather.

Roll on the next rally!!!

Ginny and Mike :Cool:

MikeandCarolyn

Free Member
Mar 18, 2008
Worle,North Somerset
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2009
Home after a great weekend-having a Pimms now and remembering our Erection Party
::bigsmile:

Mike.

Attachments

• Erection Party.jpg
    Erection Party.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 29

MrMotorhome

Funster
Deceased RIP
May 19, 2009
Funster No
Thank you Funsters - brilliant weekend, also thank you Jim, Sian and family. Oh yes and thank you for the pimms, chocolates, welsh cakes, sausage rolls and Suggy! :Eeek:

Sep 4, 2011
Funster No
MH
No more
We left around 19.30 and arrived home at 23.00 having stopped for fish and chips on the way:thumb:
Thanks to all for a great weekend::bigsmile::Cool:

Rob&Jane

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Great time. Nice to meet some new faces as well as the old ones

Thanks to Jim & Sian for helping their children with the hosting and bacon butties.

Thanks to all who we met for making it a great time.

Now basking in the sun at Bridgenorth.

capinpugwash

Free Member
Sep 14, 2008
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2005 (20 years Caravan before that)
Well.......another great meet packed with sun, fun and frivolity. :thumb:

The quote of the weekend for me was "They are all daft as brushes", which summed up Saturday night completely.::bigsmile:

Thanks you Jim and Sian, and to the Brown Family Buttie Brigade.:thumb:

Thanks also to Mike and Carolyn for the Pimms, and Suggy for the music, (most of which I missed unfortunately), and Peter for the potatoes, With so much going on it is impossible to fit it all in.:Smile:

Nice to see old friends again, and to meet others for the first time. I certainly hope those attending a meet for the first time will come on more, now they now what a friendly bunch funsters are.:thumb:

micky drip

Free Member
Jul 4, 2012
mid wales
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
5 years
Thanks for a great weekend at Shrewsbury.
We came prepared, complete with grip mats, tow rope and wellies, oh and fancy dress. None of which were required:winky:.

Had to cut down on the ale when I started seeing green men running by.

artemis

Free Member
Jan 14, 2011
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
7 years
Thanks

:Smile::Smile::Smile:
Thanks to Jim and Sian, Mike and Carolyn for the Pimms, Peter for the Welsh cakes and everyone who made the weekend so enjoyable. It has to be the best weather we have ever experienced at a show. First one we have been to since the disastrous weather at Peterborough last year.
Off to see the Rolling Stones in Hyde Park next weekend. Think it will be a different experience from listening to Abba tribute band in our County town.
Thanks again
Elizabeth and John

Ambilkate

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 15, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
HYMER 654
Exp
since 2006
A Big THANKYOU to everyone what a fantastic weekend.

Amanda is one happy person meeting all her funster friends again and also being kissed by Ryan (Jason from corrie) :thumb:

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Thank you everyone who made this into one of the best weekends EVER. bRILLIANT!!!!

Lots of overheard quotes of the week as I passed by:

e.g from Kate of Ambilkate shooting a video .. ' Shall I start filming once the pumping action begins?' Fortunately she was filming Mike putting up his new awning.:whatthe:

Wonderful trip on the river ...

Lots of photos to put into the Album on the Home page but they will take till about Friday. Please go and look and add your comments.

Brilliant, brilliant, brilliant. Can't wait for next year. :thumb:

Mar 25, 2013
Maidstone Kent
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Esprit 160
Exp
Since 2013
We really enjoyed our first Funster rally!! :thumb: It was great to put some faces to names! And Tim finally 'got' what I had been wittering on about the past few months :Doh: He now can't wait for the next rally-hopefully Malvern.

Thanks to everyone who made us feel so welcome. Names we remember are MikeandCarolyn, haganap, Movan, Suggy, June123, Peter H, Tonka and of course, Jim, Sian and family. :thanks2:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back