Scotland ,your suggestions please (2 Viewers)

Jan 10, 2013
Near Uttoxeter and Crete
Funster No
MH
Warwick XL PVC
Exp
Still trucking and learning
We're setting off on Thursday for 17 days - up the East and then down the West. Really, really hoping the weather is kind and the midges already have full bellies.

Jun 25, 2013
Funster No
Exp
Old wild camper in transit
A
We're setting off on Thursday for 17 days - up the East and then down the West. Really, really hoping the weather is kind and the midges already have full bellies.
As for weather? look it's Scotland if you get 50/50 you done well . It's not all bad,
IMG_1256.JPG
if bad weather, there's still something being in a mh in the wilds of Scotland

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
The midges bellies are never full..... It must be all my tattoos but they don't seem to bite me much they just like going on my hair which isn't pleasant

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Trout bum

Free Member
Sep 7, 2016
Ayr
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix M670SL
Exp
Whatever you use to fend of the midges don't use jungle formula if you put it on your hands then touch anything painted it lifts the paint , I find best stuff is Avon skin so soft it works for me on a hill loch fishing certainly keeps the wee blighters away

ambulancekidd

Funster
Sep 23, 2014
Ayrshire Scotland
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki 640
Exp
Since 1964 Gosh that makes me feel old.
Has the pot holed road been fixed?

TBH I haven"t actually been here myself but your suggestion sounded wonderful so I googled to see exactly where it was and it came up on Trip Advisor.
Most saying about the pot holes bumpy off-road.

Is there another way in perhaps? It does sound a lovely place. (y)

@Wildbill was on the raiders road recently & I'm pleased to say that the repairs had been carried out & all is well. Enjoy the drive if you decide to try it out. Don't forget that there's another forest drive at the southern end of loch Doon which takes you to Stinchar falls & brings you out at the northern end of Glen Trool. Lots more places to wild camp with stunning scenery. The little tea room at Glen Trool village is really nice & parking is a doddle.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
@Wildbill was on the raiders road recently & I'm pleased to say that the repairs had been carried out & all is well. Enjoy the drive if you decide to try it out. Don't forget that there's another forest drive at the southern end of loch Doon which takes you to Stinchar falls & brings you out at the northern end of Glen Trool. Lots more places to wild camp with stunning scenery. The little tea room at Glen Trool village is really nice & parking is a doddle.
It still has one or two but is ok for any van or camper just remember it is a designated forest road and there's for not tarmack that can be good one day and whased out the next
But it was a lovely place to be and well worth a visit but do take sum smidg
With you
Bill

Mar 16, 2010
Carmarthenshire
Funster No
MH
In between
Exp
Since 1988
If your in the Caravan club, New England Bay is awesome, right on the edge of the shore, but on the sheltered side of the Mull of Galloway. Brighouse Bay near Kircudbright is good, a tad expensive but masses of facilities. If you want to do some wilding, The Raiders Road at The Otter Pool is one of the best places I've ever come across.
Can also recommend all of these... dad retired to Newton Stewart in the seventies so we got to know the area really well.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back