LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years
@QFour & @carolyn please stop coming on to threads like this with your educated and informed knowledge; there is no place for professional expertise on threads like this and you will start setting precedents that other threads will struggle to match. If @monzer really believes in motorhomers being gassed, Santa and fairies, there isn't anything that any one can do to help ;)

NeighboringVagueCrayfish-small.gif

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Whenever I wake up feeling drowsy and hungover, I usually am.

May 17, 2016
Aberdeenshire
Funster No
MH
B524
Exp
2nd base
Speaking of grey waste, here's @pappajohn

All jokes aside and going back to my first post on this thread... I am not saying people are outside motorhome pumping medical grade anaesthetics through your vents.

Do I believe there are gangs out there who may pounce on opportunities to discretely sedate others who they know are staying locally in motorhomes? Yes. That's all.

For the record I don't believe in Santa but if anyone can link me some scientific prove in to the non-existence of fairies you know how to pm me.

Nov 25, 2013
kent
Funster No
MH
Swift Kontiki 669
Exp
Since April 2013
Ratchet strap your front doors , belt tie the HAB door, and set the motion sensors if you have them in the front of the living.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 17, 2016
Aberdeenshire
Funster No
MH
B524
Exp
2nd base
Cant do that, but I 100% guarantee that there is not one shred of actual evidence to suggest anyone has ever been sedated as part of a motorhome robbery

Again, all due respect but you can't guarantee that.

Date rapes seem to be getting more and more common these days. It wouldn't take the most intelligent of bad guys to think to hang around a bar near certain Aires and slip a rohypnol or whatever in a few drinks and follow folk back to the van.

MattR

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years
Cant do that, but I 100% guarantee that there is not one shred of actual evidence to suggest anyone has ever been sedated as part of a motorhome robbery

Perhaps you might change the word to "gas" rather than sedated. I would not be surprised if some people have had their drinks spiked and robbed by their nocturnal, pay by the hour, guests.

MattR

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years
Speaking of grey waste, here's @pappajohn

All jokes aside and going back to my first post on this thread... I am not saying people are outside motorhome pumping medical grade anaesthetics through your vents.

Do I believe there are gangs out there who may pounce on opportunities to discretely sedate others who they know are staying locally in motorhomes? Yes. That's all.

For the record I don't believe in Santa but if anyone can link me some scientific prove in to the non-existence of fairies you know how to pm me.

Rather than pm you, I've sent you a unicorn with my proof ... this was what she looked like before she left:
upload_2019-1-7_21-11-47.jpeg

D

deleted-member02

Deleted User

Date rapes seem to be getting more and more common these days. It wouldn't take the most intelligent of bad guys to think to hang around a bar near certain Aires and slip a rohypnol or whatever in a few drinks and follow folk back to the van.
I get why bad guys would use Rohypnol to carry out a sex attack but why on earth would they choose to invest so much time in robbing a motorhome?
The rewards simply aren't there, secondhand electricals are virtually worthless, at best you'd be looking at a few hundred euros and maybe a bag of photographic equipment...
I'd suggest that someone with access to Rohypnol or similar would likely have a more profitable career selling the stuff??

Nov 3, 2013
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auto Wildax
Exp
C/van since '73 .M/h.2009
I think they drive lorrys during the day:doh:
DOUBLE>>> DOH!!
You spotted me,don't record me on a Dash Cam and send it in to "Mack-on ?? Oh Macron. Time to hang up my "Spurs ?":whistle::whistle:. You seem to have forgotten how i have kept Legions of Fitters/Mechanics --- (Fitter.A person who can fit old to New,New to old..Mechanic..A person who can fit New To New.....:whistle:) In WORK!!! going out at the crack of dusk,abusing the lorry and bending it,so you could put a CRUST on your tables!! and this is all the thanks i get Bah Humbug!! Where's my Yellow Vest........................ "UP the TOWN(y)"
Tea Bag

May 17, 2016
Aberdeenshire
Funster No
MH
B524
Exp
2nd base
The rewards simply aren't there, secondhand electricals are virtually worthless,

Yet homes are broken in to on a frightenly common occurrence and phones are stolen at an incredible rate. There is money in them.

In to a van and you could quite easy get a couple of fat wallet /purses, phones, ipad etc

Aug 31, 2014
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
4th year
In sept 2018 my van was stolen, luckily we recovered within 2 hours, due to the tracker, there was no damage to the locks or ignition, this has been confirmed by vanbitz who later fitted a growler & non starter for extra security.

It would appear that there is the technolgy now to open doors possibly with a laptop/ relay theft by picking up the signal from the fob.
Perhaps this is how they got in?

May 17, 2016
Aberdeenshire
Funster No
MH
B524
Exp
2nd base
Is it time for nursey to bring your meds or do you want some more of those special mushrooms ;)

I'm game for that (y)

As long as its medical grade meds administered by a qualified anaesthetist. *

. *
Mushrooms wise I'm up for any apart from the lethal kind.

Cheshirecat57

Free Member
Feb 3, 2018
Mid Cheshire
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years on and off
So, OP burnt their 5 free posts in less than 2 hours and has ridden off into the sunset ( on a Unicorn no doubt)
103 posts more and a couple of arguments later.........

Bet we never see £15 ....

Basildog

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 21, 2018
Funster No

You’re a persistent fecker I’ll give you that (y)

MattR

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years
I'm game for that (y)

As long as its medical grade meds administered by a qualified anaesthetist. *

I've found one at a French service station who appears to be very qualified and uses a medical grade compound called dihydrogen monoxide ...

images

May 17, 2016
Aberdeenshire
Funster No
MH
B524
Exp
2nd base
You’re a persistent fecker I’ll give you that (y)

It's nothing to do with persistence. I gave my view and people wrongly disagree with it. All it is is me giving my answer to the questions that I keep being asked. Good old fashioned debate. If it was another night and there was something decent on the TV I wouldn't even be here.

MattR

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years
Now your just speaking nonsense :p

Dihydrogen monoxide is one of the most dangerous compounds on earth ... it can be used to put you into an unconscious state quite easily.

MattR

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years
It's nothing to do with persistence. I gave my view and people wrongly disagree with it. All it is is me giving my answer to the questions that I keep being asked. Good old fashioned debate. If it was another night and there was something decent on the TV I wouldn't even be here.

I think that we would like to agree with you but that would make us all wrong ... ;)

May 17, 2016
Aberdeenshire
Funster No
MH
B524
Exp
2nd base
Dihydrogen monoxide is one of the most dangerous compounds on earth ... it can be used to put you into an unconscious state quite easily.

Is that a threat? I'm one step away from the 'report to jim' button here. I'm a tough guy but even I draw the line at diydrhyd...dugen mon... the thing you said.

MattR

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years
I get why bad guys would use Rohypnol to carry out a sex attack but why on earth would they choose to invest so much time in robbing a motorhome?
The rewards simply aren't there, secondhand electricals are virtually worthless, at best you'd be looking at a few hundred euros and maybe a bag of photographic equipment...
I'd suggest that someone with access to Rohypnol or similar would likely have a more profitable career selling the stuff??

Rohypnol can be purchased for less than £10 each ... £20 for two tablets, two occupants and access to a MH costing 10s of thousands of pounds ... I think that I would find more than £20 worth of goods to sell on ....

MattR

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years
Is that a threat? I'm one step away from the 'report to jim' button here. I'm a tough guy but even I draw the line at diydrhyd...dugen mon... the thing you said.

The thing is, you are already addicted to it .... I dare you to go cold turkey and stop taking it.

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
Ratchet strap your front doors , belt tie the HAB door, and set the motion sensors if you have them in the front of the living.
We have been broken into in the night in Spain using the screwdriver under the drivers door lock method.
We slept through it (in a PVC) and I can confirm no gassing or drink involved. The drivers door was even shut again.
We have happily continued our normal wild camping where possible although I do now know how to set the alarm!
Even with this experience, I would not sleep easy entrapping myself inside like this.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back