Robbed on an Aire in France (1 Viewer)

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
Were the air conditioning units checked for traces of surgical anaesthetic? :)

Inspector @monzer solves another one.
No doubt they weren't but as most anaesthetic gases are highly inflammable the fact that the hotel was still standing come daylight is a bit of a giveaway. The quantity of gas in free air necessary to affect a sleeping person makes any attempt to do so extremely hazardous or pretty well impossible.

One further thought - given the number of reported "gassings" in motorhomes I'd expect at least some of those affected to have needed medical attention. If that has happened then before treatment I assume a blood test would be needed to check for the cause of any symptoms. To the best of my knowledge, born out by the fact that there has never been a report of a confirmed gassing, that hasn't happened.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
I've found one at a French service station who appears to be very qualified and uses a medical grade compound called dihydrogen monoxide ...

images
Robbed after drowning is a whole new subject.:D

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
I have a feeling that wildcamping might be a good defence to thieves.

Are they really going to drive around miles of countryside in the hope of finding a MH parked which is easy to break into, assuming the occupants have not heard their vehicle in the stillness of the night? When there are collections of MHs on campsites and Aires for them to choose from?

Only time we have been disturbed when wilding was 7 years ago at a lake in Slowakia. Banging in the night. I scouted through all the windows - nobody in sight. Later found out it was the Truma boiler stuttering to start.:LOL:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
wonder if there is any evidence.

The evidence is everywhere if you keep your eyes open. Only the other day a friend of mine told me his best mate's mother in law overhear a conversation in a pub where the woman had been parked in the same aire where a man said he saw the police arrive at a van nearby after they had been gassed and robbed of his entire Rolex collection.

We are worried sick when our MH is parked in the drive and we are not in it.

Oct 24, 2007
Funster No
'Robbery', at least under English Law, is when a theft is conducted when the victim is in fear of their life or of serious harm to their person, which cannot be the case if they are asleep.

I guess you were not a Criminal Law barrister then!

DEFINITION - LEGAL: ROBBERY. THEFT ACT 1968 SEC 8(1) “A person is guilty ofrobbery if he steals, and immediately before or at the time of doing so, and in order to do. so, he uses force on any person or puts or seeks to put any person in fear of being then and there subjected to force.”

Oct 24, 2007
Funster No
Why is it that inserting the word 'robbed' always attracts more attention than theft or stolen?

They cannot have been robbed if they did not wake up.

'Robbery', at least under English Law, is when a theft is conducted when the victim is in fear of their life or of serious harm to their person, which cannot be the case if they are asleep.

The Americans use the word 'robbery' but I do not know their definition.

DEFINITION - LEGAL: ROBBERY. THEFT ACT 1968 SEC 8(1) “A person is guilty ofrobbery if he steals, and immediately before or at the time of doing so, and in order to do. so, he uses force on any person or puts or seeks to put any person in fear of being then and there subjected to force.”

Jan 3, 2008
Pakefield, Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK
Funster No
MH
Looking
Exp
The evidence is everywhere if you keep your eyes open. Only the other day a friend of mine told me his best mate's mother in law overhear a conversation in a pub where the woman had been parked in the same aire where a man said he saw the police arrive at a van nearby after they had been gassed and robbed of his entire Rolex collection.

We are worried sick when our MH is parked in the drive and we are not in it.

Just what we need, reliable irrefutable first hand evidence that can be depended on. :LOL:

Oct 30, 2010
Suffolk or France or ........
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic
Exp
Since 2008

DEFINITION - LEGAL: ROBBERY. THEFT ACT 1968 SEC 8(1) “A person is guilty ofrobbery if he steals, and immediately before or at the time of doing so, and in order to do. so, he uses force on any person or puts or seeks to put any person in fear of being then and there subjected to force.
I think that is almost exactly what Geoff @nicholsong said.

Richard.

May 29, 2013
Tyneside
Funster No
MH
Chausson best of Flash 10
Exp
Several years now
Again, all due respect but you can't guarantee that.

Date rapes seem to be getting more and more common these days. It wouldn't take the most intelligent of bad guys to think to hang around a bar near certain Aires and slip a rohypnol or whatever in a few drinks and follow folk back to the van.

That's the reason Brown Ale comes in those shaped glass bottles. The slim neck is difficult to drop stuff into and if you see anyone drop anything into your poured glass of Brown Ale you pick up the bottle by it's slim neck and hit them round the head with it !! Simples !

two

Aug 4, 2011
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
A-Class Fiat
I think some people’s imagination far exceeds the capability of thieves. Don’t give them credit for the ability to knock people out (undetected) but, maybe, a bit of pluck (or desperation) and stealth.

Nasher

Free Member
May 6, 2016
Pontardawe
Funster No
MH
Pug Boxer
Exp
Since 2013
How about moderators block these sort of threads until they've seen sight of a police report?

I know, I know, I'm just a spoilsport:)

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009

I was not a Criminal Law Barrister.

Nor was I quoting the section, but explaining by paraphrase, which I think I did, because a person cannot be 'in fear' if not conscious.
Your right

Who would want to steal from a tramp:whistle:

;);););)

Who you calling a 'tramp' you 'bitch'?;)

[Sorry to lapse into American vocabulary]

Cheshirecat57

Free Member
Feb 3, 2018
Mid Cheshire
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years on and off
How about moderators block these sort of threads until they've seen sight of a police report?

I know, I know, I'm just a spoilsport:)
How about moderators blocking these threads until poster has introduced themselves, told us what mo ho or other they have bought/looked at/got a feint interest in and then paid their membership:D

golly

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 16, 2009
Land of the Prince Bishops
Funster No
MH
HYMERCAR PVC
Exp
since August 2009
How about moderators blocking these threads until poster has introduced themselves, told us what mo ho or other they have bought/looked at/got a feint interest in and then paid their membership:D
Moderators, moderators, who are these moderators of whom you speak :rofl: thought for one moment I had logged onto f*cts:blush:

Cheshirecat57

Free Member
Feb 3, 2018
Mid Cheshire
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years on and off
To be fair funsters, i was being ironic
Its just funny that some throw a brick in the pond and bugger off...and us fishermen start discussing Bricks,ripples, the weather.......:D:D

MattR

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years
To be fair funsters, i was being ironic
Its just funny that some throw a brick in the pond and bugger off...and us fishermen start discussing Bricks,ripples, the weather.......:D:D

I got a bit distracted and thought that you wrote Bricks, nipples and the weather .... I want to know what Bricks have to do with the topic ....

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
The best alarm is a dog. Never lets you down and we have stayed dozens of nights in motorway aires :)
Mine would welcome the robber probably lick them to death and curl up on their lap.

She doesn't even bark lol

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back