Quest Pop up Gazebo (1 Viewer)

?

Deleted User
A lot of sites charge for awnings for any sized van.

Thought you paid to rend an area of grass. Some sites i have seen they are clearly marked and it up to you whether you use the full the full area or not. They dont half like to squeeze every penny out you they can :D

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Thought you paid to rend an area of grass. Some sites i have seen they are clearly marked and it up to you whether you use the full the full area or not. They dont half like to squeeze every penny out you they can :D
If you think paying for awnings is bad, have a look at what some charge for dogs!

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Thought you paid to rend an area of grass.

ha ha ... if only

there are sites that have a list as long as your arm that they class as 'chargeable extras.

however.. generally CL/CSs etc only charge per unit.. but there is no hard and fast rule.. it's down to the CL or site owner.

metered electric is also becoming more common..

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

?

Deleted User
As long as i get a minimum of two nights or more for the same price or less as a night in a local hotel them i am happy. Yeah i noticed some sites in Germany are now charging metered electrics. I would not be taking the P**s but i could see it being expensive if away in winter months needing a heater.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
i noticed some sites in Germany are now charging metered electrics. I would not be taking the P**s but i could see it being expensive if away in winter months needing a heater.

not only in Germany.. it's becoming more common in the UK..

my friends who own a CL in Colchester had to install pre-paid meters .. otherwise they would have been bankrupt due to winter users abusing the 'free' EHU. They had massive bills they couldn't meet.

you use it.. you should play the current unit rate.. just as you do at home, why should it be any different ?

Conversely.. if you DON'T use it why should you subsidise the ones who load it to the max with awning heaters, etc ?

I'm all in favour of metered electric..(y)

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
G'morning Carol, Terry @FIDGET has one and is very pleased with it........all the best my dear.

Griff

?

Deleted User
you use it.. you should play the current unit rate.. just as you do at home, why should it be any different ?

Conversely.. if you DON'T use it why should you subsidise the ones who load it to the max with awning heaters, etc ?

I'm all in favour of metered electric..(y)

Totally agree. I will only have a extension with UK sockets on the end and that is for the wife's hair dryer. Van leisure battery will be enough for our lights and music. No interest in TV, Internet when i go away and would never want a fridge either. Only reason i am changing slowly to vans is getting out my tent in the mornings is getting sorer as i get older :D

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
No fridge! How do you safely store your Lorne sausage and Haggis!o_O

tedontour

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 21, 2011
london
Funster No
MH
van conversion autocruise
Exp
since 1976
Totally agree. I will only have a extension with UK sockets on the end and that is for the wife's hair dryer. Van leisure battery will be enough for our lights and music. No interest in TV, Internet when i go away and would never want a fridge either. Only reason i am changing slowly to vans is getting out my tent in the mornings is getting sorer as i get older :D
tea-total vegetarian :whistle:

RitaG

Free Member
Jan 26, 2016
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Kon-Tiki 635
Exp
We bought the four sided version at Newbury and used it there, when there was plenty of rain and wind and it stayed up. We are currently using it in France and use it to store the bikes, cool box and odds and ends. We bought the side curtains with it.

Very pleased with it.

May 7, 2011
Cornwall Gorran Haven
Funster No
MH
T Line 785
Exp
motorhoming since 1979
Has anyone who has one of these Quest Pop up Gazebo's got any comments on them we are thinking of getting a 4 person one, those that I have seen everyone sounds pleased, any feedback would be good. (y)
Hi ,as @Popeye sys we have one but ours is the six sided one, great ,room for 8 or 10 people on an evening or plenty of room for chairs and table for meals extra, net side keep a lot of wind out and if very breezy you can put the side covers on the side the wind I coming.
Very easy to erect, if me and the wife can do it anybody can about 10 mind including pegging down.

Jul 1, 2010
SW Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 588 DL
Exp
Since September 2010
Also bought one at the Newbury show along with the side panels. Been using it since on a rally here in France where it has caused some interest. The sides are essential to keep out the rain, ours has withstood thunderstorms and deluges of rain along with very windy conditions and is nothing short of brilliant. Erects in minutes, we cook, and lounge in ours, we fold the sides half way down which affords some privacy. No hesitation in recommending to others it's the bees knees, OH is suggesting we sell our air awning.

OP
OP
Carol

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Thank you everyone for your kind informative feedback, we will be getting one now with confidence will also get the side panels. (y) Again thank you.

parknride

Free Member
Jan 21, 2014
cumbria
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 1988
We have 6 sided one and love it. Fully recommend it, it's not as "closed in" as a proper awning. (Which we do take for long stays) One niggle we have is the zip opening goes from floor to ceiling. It is long so doesn't fit in bed lockers but we place it on the bed when travelling.
Always ask for an awning pitch and claim it as an awning. You won't regret buying one.

Jamwitt

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 18, 2012
Chandlersford
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
4yrs
Does anyone know what the weight is for 4 the 4 sided one ?

OP
OP
Carol

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Ours is now ordered along with 2 pairs of side curtains :party2:I tried ordering them from Robert Dyas but they are out of stock, the ones on e bay were too far away for collection so have ordered the. From Amazon the feedback has been a great help thank you. (y)

Sep 5, 2012
Scotland
Funster No
MH
East Neuk Fifer
Exp
since 2012
Ours is now ordered along with 2 pairs of side curtains :party2:I tried ordering them from Robert Dyas but they are out of stock, the ones on e bay were too far away for collection so have ordered the. From Amazon the feedback has been a great help thank you. (y)

Don't think you'll regret it. We were lucky with Robert Dyas as it was also a 20% discount weekend so got the whole lot for £149, probably why they're sold out.

OP
OP
Carol

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Thanks @irnbru , we have now got one and the sides, I did look into looking at that one but when I read her couple of reviews it was quite a way and did not feel confident in the seller.

So we are now looking forward to using it. :dogthanks:

Oct 1, 2014
Funster No
Does anyone know where i can get the side panels from. They seem to be out of stock everywhere i look.

Chrysalis

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 16, 2016
Herts
Funster No
MH
Rapido 890F A Class
Exp
I'm a newbie
IMG_0244.PNG
The Quest Gazebo has 20% off an already good price the weekend only, finishes tomorrow. Much cheaper than Amazon

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back